|Crew of the USS Columbia|
|Ensign Patrick Harbison|
Ensign Patrick Harbison (Federation Basic: [pætɹɪk həɹbɪsʊn]) is currently serving as a counselor aboard the USS Columbia. He graduated from the Academy and was posted to the USS Columbia as a counselor on Stardate 239603.09. He is a Human from the planet Earth and was born on Stardate 237202.14.
- 1 Statistics
- 2 Appearance
- 3 Personality
- 4 History
- 5 Relationships
- 6 Languages
- 7 Starfleet Records
- 7.1 Service History and Service Ribbons
- 7.2 Other Starfleet Records
- 7.3 Patrick Harbison
- 7.4 PAST MEDICAL HISTORY
- 7.5 PAST HOSPITALIZATIONS/SERIOUS ILLNESS
- 7.6 PAST SURGICAL HISTORY
- 7.7 PSYCHIATRIC HISTORY
- 7.8 SUBSTANCE USE HISTORY
- 7.9 FAMILY MEDICAL HISTORY
- 7.10 SOCIAL HISTORY
- 7.11 PHYSICIANS' NOTES
- 7.12 COUNSELORS' NOTES
- 8 Notable Sims
- Full Name: Patrick Charlie Harbison
- Species: Human
- Gender: Male
- Date of Birth: February 14th, 2372
- Birthplace: New York City, Earth
- Telepathic Status: T0/E0
- Height: 186 cm (6’1’’)
- Hair: Black
- Eyes: Green
- Build: Frail
- Birthmarks/Scars: None
- Handedness: Left-Handed
- Taste in Clothing (off duty): Either his uniform or Terran business casual wear.
Personality Type: INFJ (‘'Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging’’)
- Mannerisms: Patrick is quiet, empathetic, and speaks only when he can offer insight or to nudge patients in the right direction during a counseling session. Outside of his office he has a very sharp wit and enjoys making jokes and sharing a drink with crewmates to let off steam. He can switch between these two attitudes with ease.
- Routines: Practices violin for half an hour every evening
- Speech Patterns: Patrick speaks softly yet assertively. He tends not to say any more than he needs to while he is in the middle of a counseling session.
- Carriage and Posture: Walks with a limp in his left leg and uses a cane.
Likes and Dislikes
- Favorite Book: The Great Gatsby, by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Favorite Color: Dark purple
- Favorite Food: New York-style pizza
- Hobbies: Violin, logic puzzles, piano, collecting legal texts
- Fears: Losing his cane, zero gravity
- Pet Peeves: Patients unwilling to accept his help
Quarters and Workspaces
- Quarters: Patrick has shared quarters on Deck 19. He keeps a small desk in one corner of his space and a straight-backed armless chair he sits in when he plays violin. His collection of legal books is stored on a short bookshelf next to his desk.
- Counselor’s Office: He has decorated a counselor's office with a holographic painting frame on one wall. The painting that the frame displays can be adjusted to best fit the patient and make them more comfortable. There is an armchair for Patrick and the choice of either a chaise lounge or another chair for a patient. A large PADD with a stylus is on his desk, used to record notes during a session in shorthand.
Lieutenant Commander Lucille Daucourt met Charles Harbison while serving with the Organized Crime Division of Starfleet Intelligence. She was testifying in a case against the Orion Syndicate at the same court where Charles was involved in another case. The two of them ran into each other at a restaurant across the street from the courthouse and quickly hit things off over a shared lunch. The two dated on and off for a few years until getting married on March 28th, 2371 and their son Patrick was born less than a year later. Patrick is their only child.
Patrick spent many of his earliest years looking through old holophoto albums and hearing stories from his mother about investigating the Orion Syndicate and some of the other members of Starfleet Intelligence that she had met during her career in the field. This settled the question of future occupation for Patrick at a very young age. He wanted to be an intelligence officer like his mother. Detective novels, spy movies, and espionage drama holodeck programs were a common recreational pastime for him. While his father would have preferred that he aim to go to law school, little could change his mind.
Patrick was a very independent child. He would often walk around New York City from an early age and find ways to keep himself entertained. He would often walk to Central Park or the main branch of the New York Public Library from his family's apartment on the Upper West Side. He also enjoyed visiting museums with his parents and family picnics at Pelham Bay Park. It was growing up exploring New York City that gave Patrick his keen senses and his fondness for New York-style pizza. Once he had completed his basic education, Patrick applied to Starfleet Academy and was accepted after passing the entrance exams with flying colors.
At Starfleet Academy, Patrick immediately began loading his schedule with courses needed for the intelligence major. For the major species he needed to study to be an intelligence officer, he chose to focus on the Cardassians. Most of his career at the academy was spent with a constant focus on his goal to join Starfleet Intelligence. It was not until his third year that he took a single elective course, specifically additional courses in the law department. Throughout his time at Starfleet Academy, Patrick was close friends and study partners with fellow intelligence major Thomas Stewart. From the start, Patrick focused his studies on field operations and the tactical and security training that came with it.
His career at Starfleet Academy went on normally until a training exercise for SURV 110: Environmental Suits and Zero-G Training. Patrick and Thomas were in full EVA suits and were practicing moving a cargo crate through a zero-gravity obstacle course. A malfunction in the power system caused a sudden spike in power for the training area's grav-plating. The sudden change from zero-gravity to gravity equivalent to Vulcan's surface gravity sent both cadets and the cargo crate falling to the floor of the training area. The cargo crate landed on Patrick's left leg and was left there for over a minute before the error could be corrected and the crate could be removed. Doctors promised him that he would retain some use of his leg, but that the extensive reconstructive surgery left him needing the support of a cane to walk for the foreseeable future.
Following his initial surgery and recovery, Patrick began considering career alternatives to field operations in intelligence. Patrick's aptitude had been in tactics, active espionage, and interrogation as opposed to data analysis and covertly working with allies. With field operations less of an option, Patrick had to decide between adjusting to specialize in operations technology or analysis, or switching to a different major. After discussing it with academy faculty and weighing all of the options he decided to switch to the counseling major as he felt it made the best use of his skills. Psychology was a subject that he had already studied and enjoyed during his earlier years at the academy. He excelled in his new major for his last year at Starfleet Academy before being assigned to the USS Columbia as a counselor. However, Patrick did complete his Intelligence major as well so that he still had the option available in the future.
Service History and Service Ribbons
|Starfleet Service History|
|Cadet Fourth Class||239208.21 - 239306.10||Starfleet Academy||Intelligence Cadet|
|Cadet Third Class||239308.21 - 239406.10||Starfleet Academy||Intelligence Cadet|
|Cadet Second Class||239408.21 - 239506.10||Starfleet Academy||Intelligence Cadet|
|Cadet First Class||239508.21 - 239603.09||Starfleet Academy||Counseling Cadet|
|Ensign||239603.09 - Present||USS Columbia||Counselor|
|Awards and Service Ribbons|
Other Starfleet Records
|NPC Listing · USS Columbia Crew Manifest · Crew History
|REV SD 239604.23|