Lieutenant JG Liani h'Rhendria lyr'Theel'zhiin is currently serving aboard Starbase 118 Ops and the USS Albion as Chief of Surgery, not an Engineer, not an HCO, not a Spook, and definitely not a Tribble Whisperer™.
Wyn is the Tribble Whisperer™, it even says so in his contract.
|Starbase 118 Ops / USS Albion|
|Liani h'Rhendria lyr'Theel'zhiin|
|Position||Chief of Surgery|
- 1 Statistics and Appearance
- 2 Trivia of a Personal Nature
- 3 Personality: An Extended Study
- 4 Family
- 5 Notable Relationships
- 6 A History in Brief
- 7 Professional Errata
- 8 Service History
- 9 Awards & Medals
- 10 The Menagerie
- 11 A Fistful of Sims
- 12 Favourite Quotes about Doctors
Statistics and Appearance
- Height: 5’10 (1.78m)
- Weight: 130 (58.9kg)
- Hair Color: White
- Length of Hair: Short, Well Groomed
- Eye Color: Gray
- Skin Tone: Light Blue
- Birthmarks, Scars: Several small cut marks on Left and Right forearms.
- Tattoos/Body Modifications: None
- Build: Tall and Lithe.
- Face: Oval, well defined bones.
- Eyes: Large, Piercing, Expressive.
- Arms: Long, tone.
- Hands: Long fingers, well muscled from musical practice.
- Legs: Long, tone
- Carriage: Upright, Relaxed, sometimes bouncy
- Poses: When Liani talks it’s with broad gestures and an animated face. Her antena are rigid and unmoving when she is actively controlling an emotional response or playing poker.
- Taste in Clothing (when off duty): Dresses, Suits, She keeps up on fashion and trends.
- Shoes: Only the best.
- Voice: Soft and Lilting- a sharp razor under silk.
- Handedness: Years of mastering the flabbjellah have left her ambidextrous.
- Telepathic Status: T0/E0
Trivia of a Personal Nature
- Quarters: Soft edges, a bed loaded with stuffed animals and pillows, a modest library, minimal art, chimes that fill the room with quiet rings.
- Favorite Room: Anywhere she can be around people.
- Habits: Tends to avoid direct eye contact. Cracks jokes when tense or nervous
- Mannerisms: Quick gestures, animated speech, friendly and approachable on good days. On bad days Sharp gestures, severe speech, cold and brittle.
- Religion/Spiritual Devotion: While studying Terran music styles Liani came across a spiritual practice of suizen- using her flabbjellah in place of the traditional terran instrument- she spends a portion of her personal free time in musical meditation.
- Hobbies & Passtimes: Cooking, playing music, socializing
- Likes: Learning new instruments and musical styles, social games of chance, medical research.
- Dislikes: The Fake (holodecks, fantasies), Reality Avoidance (Andorians throwing babies into the ravine of extinction in hopes of somehow closing the gap and saving their dying race), being alone.
- Favorite Color: The first hint of blue in fresh ice as the sun first hits its surface
- Favorite Scents: Snow, Rain, Wet Earth
- Favorite Flower: Anything bright and vibrant, loves reds in particular.
- Favorite Cuisine: Spicy Vegetarian
- Favorite Mealtime: Social meals in the mess hall.
- Favorite Alcoholic Drink: Hates alcohol.
- Favorite Non-Alcoholic Drink: Terran Root Beer, Srjula
- Favorite Caffeine Fix: Dislikes caffeine.
- Favorite Music Genre: All
- Favorite Animal: Cuddly
- Earliest Memory: Attending the Sending of a close clansmen. The lessons she learned about mortality there influenced many of her future decisions.
- Most Influential Person: Herself
- Ambitions & Goals: Perfect her understanding of medicine, to never step back from an opportunity to experience.
- Achievments in Life: Liani is very proud of her accomplishments within the Andorian Academy- but such feelings pale in comparison to the pride she feels in having been accepted to Star Fleet.
- Disapointments in Life: Abandoning her quad to pursue her own goals. She understands her actions caused harm to her quad-mates, but ignoring her own personal drives didn’t seem to be a palatable option at the time. Knowing that she will never experience being a mother. Knowing that she will most likely never know true satisfaction in a relationship.
- Temperment: ENFP, Driven, Brash, Easily Amused, Quick to Laugh, Quick to Cry, Quick to Punch.
- Mental Problems: A minor issue with being alone- she can’t sleep in an empty bed (stuffed animals help).
- Physical Limitations: Not a fan of the heat (despite a strong love of spicy food).
- Greatest Strength: Dilligence
- Greatest Weakness: Pride
|A pair of Liani's chosen sidearms.||Ignore the bloodstains1|
Personality: An Extended Study
“How should we be able to forget those ancient myths that are at the beginning of all peoples, the myths about dragons that at the last moment turn into princesses; perhaps all the dragons of our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us once beautiful and brave. Perhaps everything terrible is in its deepest being something helpless that wants help from us.
So you must not be frightened if a sadness rises up before you larger than any you have ever seen; if a restiveness, like light and cloudshadows, passes over your hands and over all you do. You must think that something is happening with you, that life has not forgotten you, that it holds you in its hand; it will not let you fall. Why do you want to shut out of your life any uneasiness, any miseries, or any depressions? For after all, you do not know what work these conditions are doing inside you.” ― Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet
Hobbies and Pastimes
- Liani enjoys experimenting with spices and vegetarian concepts from other cultures, often with mixed results.
- Experimenting with other cultures musical styles while sticking with her flabbjellah.
- Dances, casual talks, gambling dens- if it means being around people Liani will most likely be there.
Likes and Dislikes
- Musical Experimentation
- While Liani has only truly mastered one instrument, she likes to pick up and play with just about any kind of instrument available- always researching new and old instruments- tormenting her roommates at times when she took a turn to classical Klingon
- Gambling, is at it’s heart- a social endeavor. Liani’s never been very good at winning at games of chance, but she makes a most wonderful loser.
- Medical Research
- Science! Reading up on the latest research and looking into old remedies and methodologies. Science! It’s exciting stuff- and scientists make for very passionate debates. Also, Science!
- The Fake
- Holodecks- Liani hates them with a passion- she hates the unreality of it.
- Reality Avoidance
- A dying race thinks that by making as many babies as possible they can stem the tide to their own extinction.
- Being Alone
- Liani is a social creature- to be alone with only herself as company is something to avoid.
Ambitions and Goals
A primary goal for Liani is the problem currently impacting her subset of the Andorian species. Using a multidisciplinary approach towards genetic engineering she hopes to help her people find a lasting means of securing their race from extinction. Her current research projects revolve around the use of nanites to perform genetic re-sequencing of unborn children through all stages, through pre-insemination all the way to fetus. Current projects include proper sperm selection for fertilization, genetic trait replacement of a fertilized zygote or blastocyst (i.e- replacing a portion of either parents genetic traits with a 3rd, 4th, or up to a 5th party), genetic repairs and progress reporting of the embryo and fetus until they come to term. Further projects would build upon the successes of the initial tests and trial runs. Eventually Liani hopes to have a mechanical means to enable an evolutionarily advanced child to be born with the best traits of both parents and potential genetic donors. These hybrid children might then succeed where their own parents genetic deficiencies had failed them.
|Liani on a tour of Earth: taken while overlooking a portion of Scottish coastline.|
Liani comes from the biologial tradtion of Andorians forming quads- two mother, two father family units.
- Marital Status: Divorced.
- Husband(s): Ged, Tolin
- Wife: Tara
- Place of Marriage: Andor
Liani was removed from her quad when her quadmates petitioned the Zhavey (Their clan’s eldest Zhen) to evict her from their quad.
- Father(s): Uthulur, Kreleth
Uthulur, stern in countenance and straightforward in his speech is a crafter of musical instruments on the Andorian homeworld. His not so secret passion is long form heroic verse that pays tributes to the glories of Andor’s people. Of Liani’s four parents he was, surprisingly for her, the most supportive of her when she chose to leave her quad and join Starfleet.
Kreleth is the eternal optimist, the cheerful, exuberant- infuriatingly happy tease. He is known on Andor for his lyrical verse and satirical studies of Andorian nobility. Kreleth took Liani’s choice the hardest- she remembers well the bitterness in his voice when she left Andor for Starfleet.
- Mother(s): Po, Whis
Po has always been a very quiet and private person, kind in her nature, intense in her feelings. She is a teacher of musical theory at the Andorian Academy. Liani isn’t really sure of how Po felt about her choice- she carries only the memory of an intense love and a hug that could break bones.
Whis grouchy, gruff, a sailor’s mouth- Whis can cuss in fifty languages and was always seemingly picking up new curses every day. Her passion is carving- from ice to stone, her hands are famous (or infamous in the case of her portrayal of Charivethra zh'Thane Chechaaz'aar'Andor’s debaucheries). Whis and Liani are very close- and letters and communications are a weekly occurrence with the two.
|Shar'Wyn Foster||Having just only met it will take time to tell what the future holds for this wacky pair. Could they become good friends, great frienemys, something more? Stay tuned! Same Trek Time, Same Trek Channel!|
A History in Brief
236505.21 : Born to an upper class middle family of artisans on Andor.
2365-2370 : Raised in the traditional Andorian ways- played with sharp weapons, ran amok, bled a bit. Showed a keen interest in Po’s music playing and proved to be something of a prodigy with the flabbjella. In 2370 Liani had her first experience with mortality- watching her uncle fall during an honor duel and attending his sending. Her uncle's death and sending affected her on several levels, making her a far more serious child who no longer played like other children did. To this day she has never knowingly used a weapon to do harm to another.
2371-2381 : Accepted to the Andorian Academy after three auditions. Focused primarily on the flabbjella- showing a strong knack for improvisation. Was a good student for some teachers, a frustration to others.
2382 : Taken out of the Andorian Academy and introduced to Ged, Tolin, and Tara. Later that year the four are sealed into a quad. When it comes time for Liani to take the child for the final part of the birthing process, she refuses. The quad is thrown into disaccord. Liani tells her family she wishes to leave Andor- she is evicted from her quad by the Zhavey and her parents pay her way to Earth.
2383 : Tests to enter the academy- passes. Not sure if she’s truly earned the right or if her father Uthulur’s friend in Starfleet has pulled strings. The idea unsettles her, but she decides to prove that she is Starfleet material.
2384-88 : Her first four years on Earth are spent getting her undergraduate degree for the medical program. Knowing that she needs to pass she focuses primarily on mathematics- but during her second year she meets the Chair for Nanotechnology- one minor crush later she finds herself studying nanites and programming languages.
2388-2392 : Four years done and four to go, Liani gets into her medical coursework. She finds a certain amount of satisfaction in helping others- but always remains focused on her primary reason for pursuing this path- helping to find a way to save her people.
- 2388: Initial work with nanites and genetic testing has lead to the birth of Janice, an Osmotic Eel.
- 2389: Further refinements of her technique has lead to the creation of Kumari, an Edosian slug. He is far more blue than other Edosian Slugs, also larger, and quite playful.
- 2391: After a bit of a false start, Liani’s work on Altarian marsupials bears fruit in the birth of Charlie- the product of the fourth generation of tests and the only Altarian marsupial that Liani allows to come to full term.
2392-Present: Sent to serve as a Science Officer on USS Apollo-A
- Served on the USS Atlantis as a Medical Officer 239201.07 - 239201.26
- Transferred to USS Apollo-A as a Science Officer 239201.27 - 239202.17
- Promoted to Chief Science Officer & Lieutenant JG on 239202.17.
- Date Graduated from Academy: 239201.06
- Current Rank: Ensign
- Current Assignment: Starbase 118 Ops
- Duty Post: Medical Officer
|Cadet 1st||Starfleet Academy||239201.06||Medical|
|Ensign||USS Atlantis||239201.07||239201.26||Medical Officer|
|Ensign||USS Apollo-A||239201.07||239201.26||Science Officer|
|Ensign||USS Apollo-A||239201.27||239201.27*||Assistant Chief Medical Officer|
|Lieutenant JG||USS Apollo-A||239202.17||239203.26||Chief Science Officer|
|Lieutenant JG||USS Constitution-B||239206.21||239207.24||Science Officer|
|Ensign||Starbase 118 Ops / USS Albion||239301.10||Present||Medical Officer|
*Was only in this position for a few hours according to crew history.
Awards & Medals
|Featured Bio||239203||USS Apollo-A||Featured bio contest winner|
|Charlie Massacre||Charlie is a genetically enhanced Altarian marsupial whose droppings contain high concentrations of a regenerative enzyme. Charlies particular droppings contain 1.5x the standard enzyme amount found in regular Altarian marsupials. His favourite food is small insects. His favourite pastime is cuddling.|
|Kumari||Liani keeps several Edosian slugs on hand as they can be used to facilitate many patient care options. The pride of her collection though is Kumari, genetically enhanced, he acts as the 'bull' for her slugs.|
|Immunocytic Gel Worms||Immunocytic Gel worms cab be used to synthesize immunologically competent cells for patients. Liani keeps a few jar fulls on hand. Squigly fun times were had by all.|
|Regulan Bloodworms||Hailing from Regulan system, these beauties are a perfect and natural way to handle preventative care within the patients lymphatic system. Soft, squishy, and adorable.|
|Janice||Janice is a genetically enhanced osmotic eel. Janice is particular useful in wound care and blood treatment strategies. Isn't she a cutie-pie?|
|Triberius||A hybridization of Felis catus and Polygeminus grex. Designed for advanced cuddle therapies.|
A Fistful of Sims
- The First Sim aboard the USS Atlantis 201501.07 Andorian Blues (Featuring: Liani, Marcus Dickens)
- First Meeting with Dr. Foster and Dr. Two 201501.08-11 Shop Talk (Featuring: Liani, Dr. Foster, Dr. Two)
Favourite Quotes about Doctors
- "stubborn, acerbic, cantankerous replacement who I firmly believed was sent specifically to drive me mad."- Picard in regards to Dr. Pulaski
|Has Liani ever thought about what ship she'd want to captain? Maybe....|
Explore With Us
|NPC Listing · StarBase 118 Ops Crew Manifest · Crew History
1 Are you still wondering where the blood stains are? It really is best to not think about it. I mean first you're wondering "How is that both an instrument and a weapon?"- Maybe you think it is a weaponized kazoo (and if so-try asking an Andorian if it is, their reaction is just such a barrel of laughs, no joke). And then to top it off they say, "Don't mind the blood stains."- and you're like what blood stains... some questions are just not meant to be pondered too deeply. Relax, move on, nothing to see here. 2
2 There really isn't any blood. After all, Liani is a doctor and understands the importance of proper sterilization. These are also musical instruments, and blowing into one would mean that you'd be exposing yourself to potentially harmful contaminants if you didn't keep them clean. Remember you can Play, Beat Down™, and Clean, but you can't Beat Down™, Play, and Clean- that'd just be all kinds of icky (and potentially ruinous to any make up you were wearing). Play Smart, Play Clean- that's the Andorian Way.3
3 And even if there had been blood on the instruments, it's not likely that anyone is going to miss the victim(s). Not that we are implying that there have been at present or at any time 'victims' to which brutal Beat Downs™ might have been applied most judiciously, for right reasons, and not amoral ones. There is no proof that said Beat Downs™ occured at any point of time between Star Dates 2384 to 2392 in the areas of Terra, also known as Earth or any of it's surrounding territories, such as the Lunar and Mars colonies. And even if there had been, it is a known fact that to most Terran (and some Vulcan) individuals, Andorians look pretty much alike. Especially after the direct application of a judiciously applied Beat Down™.