|Position||Chief Science Officer|
Lieutenant JG Ayiana Sevo is currently serving as Chief Science Officer aboard the USS Victory.
- Full Name: Ayiana Sevo (pre-Join: Yorval)
- Race: Trill
- Date of Birth:
- Ayiana Yorval: 236607.25
- Sevo: 218502.16
- Place of Birth: Najana City, Trill
- Ayiana Yorval: 30
- Sevo: 212
- Gender: Female
- Height: 5'11""
- Weight: 130 lbs.
- Hair Color: Red
- Length of Hair: Extremely long. On duty, it is tied in a ponytail which falls past her hips.
- Eye Color: Blue
- Skin Tone: Fair, light freckles. Has the characteristic Trill spots running down the sides of her face and body.
- Build: Average. Not very fit, but tries to keep her figure.
- Taste in Clothing (when off duty): Tank tops, t-shirts, shorts or skirts. Prefers the color red.
- Shoes: Hates high-heels with a passion. Off duty she prefers to be barefoot or sneakers.
- Voice: Sounds similar to Earth British.
- Handedness: Right
Personality & Manners
- Quarters: Deck 4, Section 12, Room 832
- Habits: Ayiana is often seen unconsciously twisting or playing with her hair when she is nervous, bored, or concentrating.
- Religion/Spiritual Devotion: Trills have no true "religion", but like most Trills, she honors her ancestors.
- Hobbies and Pastimes: Likes to read up on the latest science magazines and journals.
- Likes: Music, science.
- Dislikes: Large crowds, small spaces.
- Ambitions and Goals: Get over her social anxiety and shyness. Necessary if she ever wants to command a starship.
- Temperament: Shy; nervous around large groups.
- Mental problems (complexes and phobias): Claustrophobia ever since she was Joined. Social anxiety.
- Physical Limitations: Standard strength for humanoid female her age.
- Marital Status: Single
- Ayiana Yorval:
- Father: Nizo Yorval
- Mother: Jana Yorval
- Siblings: Aleesia Yorval
- Sevo: Unknown Annuated Symbiont Progenitor
- Ayiana Yorval:
Life Before Starfleet
Ayiana Yorval initially had no desire to be joined, but she was a very intelligent girl. During her teenage school years, one of her teachers thought she should apply to be Joined, due to her excellent grades and inquisitive nature. Ayiana thought it over for some time, and along with her parents’ support, she applied to the Trill Symbiosis Commission.
With her newfound interest in becoming Joined, Ayiana had to strive harder than ever to prove herself. Reaching adult age (roughly 18 Earth years old) she was accepted to the satellite campus of Starfleet Academy at the Trill Science Ministry. Ayiana would be the first host of Sevo to join Starfleet.
At the age of 23, she spent a few weeks being evaluated under a Joined field docent. She was given a good recommendation and was accepted for Joining. It took nearly a year find a suitable Symbiont to match her with. In the meantime, Ayiana continued her studies at Starfleet Academy. The symbiont Sevo shared a similar interest in the sciences - one of its previous hosts was a chemist. Upon the death of Sevo’s third host, it was transferred to Ayiana at the start of her final Academy year at the age of 24.
- 236607.25: Born to parents Nizo and Jana Yorval in Najana City, on Trill.
- 238002.14: Accepted to the Trill Symbiosis Commission Preparatory Program.
- 238408.15: Accepted to Starfleet Academy, Trill Campus
- 238904.23: Accepted for Joining
- 239006.02: Joined with the symbiont Sevo
During her time attending Starfleet Academy on Trill, Ayiana participated in the Academy's Cultural Exchange Subspace Friend program. She communicated regularly with a Human cadet named Cadfael Peters from Earth Academy. The universe had a sense of humor, it seemed, as they were both posted to the U.S.S. Victory within weeks of each other. Their first meeting was during a combat away mission a day into her posting.
Their second mission together - first contact with the Sunak - ended with Peters injured and Ayiana comatose. During that time, Cadfael stayed by Ayiana's side in sickbay whenever he was off-duty, even putting his "good-luck" watch on her wrist. After Ayiana had woken from her coma, Cadfael had declared his love to her.
- Current Rank: Lieutenant Junior Grade
- Current Assignment: USS Victory
- Duty Post: Chief Science Officer
Ayiana had not yet decided on a major by her second year at Starfleet Academy. During a practical exam, her team's experiment went wrong. Ayiana had to take charge of her team and quickly fixed the problem. Afterwards, one of her favorite professors, Professor Inaki - himself a Joined Trill - urged her to study multiple science degrees, knowing she had a knack for math and science; even suggesting command someday, based on her budding leadership skills. He also pointed out that more degrees under her belt was a better chance for being selected for Joining.
Ayiana also kept in regular contact with Cadfael Peters on Earth through the Starfleet Academy Subspace Friend Program.
Ayiana graduated from the Trill campus of Starfleet Academy after seven years of study. She studied and received doctorate degrees in Quantum Mechanics, Subspace Mechanics, and Astrophysics. She spent the summer on a post-graduate training ship, getting hands-on training running a starship while circumnavigating the Federation. Shortly afterwards, Ayiana was given her first permanent posting as Science Officer on board the U.S.S. Victory. She arrived at Starbase 118 circa 239108.23 and spent a couple of days in training. Ayiana finally arrived at the Victory on 239109.01 after a week-long shuttle ride to the remote region where the ship was situated.
Within her first hours on board, Ayiana was assigned to help defeat the imminent Hunger Invasion. During two subsequent missions, Ayiana discovered the science behind the Hunger automaton's communications and developed a means of disrupting their signals.
After the Hunger Invasion, Ayiana was promoted to Chief Science Officer, filling the recently vacated post. She felt she was too inexperienced and shy for such a demanding position, but Commander Nugra felt she could do it. It turned out his instinct was right - while the crew was discussing ways to increase their sensor capabilities in search of a missing Cardassian ship, Ayiana had come up with and presented radical new technologies for probes and communications based on quantum entanglement. However, her designs can not be implemented unless the Victory undergoes a major refit.
- 239105.10: Graduated from Starfleet Academy, Trill campus.
- 239109.01: Assigned to USS Victory as alpha shift Science Officer.
- 239109.01 - c. 239109.03: Assisted in the defeat of the Hunger Invasion.
- 239111.04: Promoted to Lieutenant JG and assigned as Chief Science Officer of the U.S.S. Victory.
- 239111.11 - 239201.05: Assisted in the search and rescue of the Cardassian ship Nuvek and First Contact with the Sunak.
|Cadet 1st Class||239105.10||Starfleet Academy, Trill Campus||Graduated|
|Ensign||239109.01 - 239111.04||USS Victory||Science Officer|
|Lieutenant JG||239111.04 - Present||USS Victory||Chief Science Officer|
The Root of Her Fears
While Ayiana was on an away mission to a damaged Sunak ship, she suffered severe claustrophobia inside her EVA suit (the Sunak ship had a water environment). Towards the end, a jury-rigged console exploded, shocking her with large amounts of electricity. This caused her to fall into convulsions and eventually into a deep coma. While comatose, Ayiana experienced a strange and vivid dream. It turned out that the combination of claustrophobia and electric shock had somehow mentally "disjoined" the symbiont Sevo from Ayiana. The two were experiencing a combination of memories and dreams of Sevo before it was joined for the first time.
With the help of the telepathic Lieutenant Kaji, Ayiana discovered that Sevo had been traumatized just before its first Joining. It had always been shy and timid, and did not want to be Joined, but was taken anyway. Sevo was placed in a standard transport container for symbionts, but to Sevo, it was a cage. This caused claustrophobia in Sevo which had been passed to its successive hosts, though it affected Ayiana the most. Sometime during the centuries, Sevo's mind had buried and hidden the traumatic memory; only to be remembered during Ayiana's coma and Kaji's help. Rediscovering Sevo's memory brought the two minds back together; however Ayiana must still live with her claustrophobia.
The first host of Sevo, Lizara was a petite woman with purple hair. She was an exceptional concert pianist, and traveled all over Trill performing concerts, and sometimes playing with orchestras.
Awards & Service Ribbons
|The Genesis Badge||239112.16||USS Victory||Captain Nugra||For great improvement in simming ability.|
|Silver Lifesaving Ribbon||239201.25||USS Victory||Captain Nugra||For repairing his EVA suit and thus saving the life of Commander Eerie during first contact with the Sunak.|
|The Purple Heart||239201.25||Injured and rendered comatose during away mission to the Sunak ship Unama.|
|First Contact Ribbon||239201.25||First Contact with the Sunak.|
|Explorer's Ribbon||239201.25||For exploring Orthica's Bane and discovering the Sunak.|
|NPC Listing · USS Victory Crew Manifest · Crew History