Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Cmdr. Lily Ventu
Starbase 118 Operations
|Edit this nav|
- Lily has struggled with her condition, a neurochemical imbalance, since she was very young. Only in recent years has the condition lessened in its severity, thanks to new treatments and medicines. In her time in Starfleet, the condition has only hit severely two times:
- In her first weeks as an ensign aboard the Victory, she suffered extreme separation anxiety and nervousness, which the imbalance reflected back tenfold. She collapsed on the bridge, and was treated by Lieutenant Doctor Julia Harden in the Victory sickbay.
- Onboard the Constitution, following the discovery of her Lieutenant Commander Nick Parks's secret project, Lily overreacted and her chemical imbalance increased her feelings of hurt and jealousy over an assumed second lover. This time, she came out of it on her own, after being grounded in reality by Counselor Emirry MacGowan.
Noted Injuries & Incapacitations
- Lily's only true injury of note occurred after her first mission onboard the Victory. Ensign Ventu had been taken hostage in a dispute with some Tanugan extremists, and when she was recovered, the full extent of her physical and mental injuries were unknown, even to her. It is likely that she was tortured, but the memories were blocked out. She was placed in a slow-healing stasis pod for three weeks following the incident.
- Other than her neurochemical imbalance (see above), Lily has no psychological problems of note.
- On several tests, Lily has been noted as ambitious and headstrong, with a tendency to go against rules, for good or ill. One striking example occurred in a mission the Victory crew had aboard a secret Romulan base. Her team leader, Commander Harden, ordered Lily to stay with the group, but Lily went against orders and left the group in order to rescue her mother. While her actions were not condemned following the mission, they are worthy of note.