Ensign T'Reshik is currently serving as a Science Officer aboard the USS Constitution.
- Telepathic status: T3
- Distinctive feature: Motorized Wheelchair
- Height: 5ft 4in (actual standing height slightly shorter due to motorized wheelchair)
- Weight: 142lbs
- Hair: Black
- Eyes: Green
- Adoptive: T'Praal (hospital administrator, b. 2302); Sevak (surgical specialist, b. 2302).
- Genetic: Taurek (Starfleet counsellor, b. 2334); undisclosed.
- Siblings: None.
- Spouse: Sutek (neurology lecturer, b. 2313, d. 2383).
- Children: None.
- Not talking to people
- Excessive socializing
- Formal wear
- Being told to leave the lab
See also Medical History
T'Reshik used to have big ambitions. Once she released the results of her experiment to the public and proved that the Pon Farr could be controlled indefinitely with the use of her pharmaceutical compound, no Vulcan would need to undergo the shame of having their rational mind torn away from them once every seven years. She would forcibly reclaim her own bodily autonomy back from the vicious hold of nature and tradition even if it killed her. Or other people.
And kill her, it very nearly did. With the last few vestiges of her coherent mind, T'Reshik lay on her hospital bed as the fever finally took its destructive course through her body, and dictated a full confession of her crimes before ordering her doctors not to resuscitate her.
She fully expected to die back then, but to her surprise, she found herself still alive at the end of it all, albeit in a lot of legal trouble and having lost the use of her legs.
Four years and a lot of rehabilitation later, T'Reshik is back in Starfleet - older, slightly wiser, but no less determined to save the world, although hopefully with less unethical medical experimentation this time around.
Evil!Choi: =/\= I want you to play a game with me! I do love my starship simulators. Although I’m not sure if I’m the computer core, or the captain of this vessel. Why don’t you fire on me and find out? =/\=
T’Reshik: =/\= I will not ‘play your game’ and I refuse to become complicit in harming my friend. Computer, initiate self-destruct-=/\=
T'Reshik: Would you alter the past, if you were able to?
::Taurek's answer surprised him. He'd meant to point out that interfering with established events was contrary to Starfleet regulations, but he found himself speaking before he'd even formed that sentence in his head.::
::T'Reshik closed her eyes. His response seemed to hurt her somehow, but he could not tell why.::
T'Reshik: I would.
Saveron: If your concern is over the potential expectation of future interactions, I have none. I find your low-grade antagonism towards the universe at large personally disagreeable. However I do not see that there should be any logical obstacle to our having a functional professional relationship.
::T'Reshik actually seemed to relax a little at this.::
T'Reshik: That is agreeable to hear, since I find both your ethics and your style of communication overly accommodating. We would be poorly-matched as a couple. ::Pause:: As colleagues, however - providing neither of us expect anything more - I concur with your assessment.
Saveron: Then we have an understanding.
::His eyes drifted shut. T'Reshik stared at him for a moment more. She had the strangest urge to thank him, but didn't give in to it..::
T'Reshik: We do.
::She looked ahead again, and the silence was easier now.::
- 235105.15: Born at T'Len-Hathara University Hospital. Guardianship transferred to T'Praal and Sevak of Vulcan.
- 236909.02 to 237306.17: Studied medicine at T'Len-Hathara University. Specialised in endochrinology. Graduated 11th in class.
- 237308.29: Entered Starfleet academy. Became bonded to Sutek, a neurology lecturer at T'Len-Hathara.
- 237412.06: Diagnosed with early-onset Bendii syndrome, Sutek administering. From her medical notes: "T'Reshik is expected to retain normal brain functioning for approximately twenty-two point six years, with proper care and treatment." [ARCHIVIST'S NOTE: This diagnosis was dismissed as fraudulent on 238802.04]
- 237510.01: Sutek dismissed from T'Len-Hathara for inethical practices. Details not on file.
- 237609.05: Graduated Starfleet academy. Gained authorisation from Starfleet to prepare her own medical treatments. Returned to T'Len-Hathara soon afterwards to pursue postgraduate studies.
- 238302.17: Sutek dies. Cause of death recorded as "sudden-onset neuroendochrinal disorder" [ARCHIVIST'S NOTE: Cause of death revised to voluntary manslaughter on 238802.28]. T'Reshik abandons her studies and enlists in Starfleet.
- 238607.20: Assigned to Starbase 118 as a Medical Officer.
- 238609.28: Promoted to Lieutenant, Junior Grade. Assigned the position of Chief Medical Officer aboard Starbase 118.
- 238610.28: Transferred to USS Ronin as a Medical Officer.
- 238611.22: Transferred to USS Tiger as a Medical Officer.
- 238612.14: Transferred to Starbase 118 Ops as a Medical Research Specialist.
- 238701.13: Awarded the Purple Star for continuing to perform her duty even after materialising part-way through a bulkhead.
- 238703.27: Assigned to the Science department as Chief Science Officer.
- 238705.06: Promoted to Lieutenant.
- 238711.15: Transferred to USS Chrysippus as Chief Medical Officer
- 238802.02: Experienced a series of seizures which were found to have been caused by unauthorized medical experimentation. Confesses to fraud, unauthorized use of Starfleet resources and gross contravention of medical ethics guidelines, as well as the murder of her husband and his laboratory assistant. On the advice of her attending physician and CO, ceased administration of unlicensed experimental compound designed to indefinitely suspend the Vulcan reproductive cycle.
- 238802.04: Transferred to USS Nightingale intensive care unit. Begins displaying accelerated neurological symptoms of Pon Farr. Requests a "Do Not Resuscitate" order and withdraws consent for telepathic treatment.
- 238802.17: Discharged from intensive care unit having suffered profound neurological damage, including but not limited to partial paralysis and language disorder.
- 238802.20: Detained at Starfleet Headquarters under specialist medical observation pending trial. Suspended from physician's register indefinitely.
- 238802.28: Charged with one count of premeditated murder, one count of voluntary manslaughter and multiple counts of fraud, abuse of resources and medical malpractice. Sentenced to criminal rehabilitation until such time as judged to no longer constitute a danger to the public. Removed from physician's register.
- 238802.28: Admitted to Bayeaux Criminal Rehabilitation Centre, Earth and embarked on recuperative therapy for brain damage sustained earlier in the month.
- 239203.11: Discharged from rehabilitation, admitted to accelerated re-training program at Starfleet Academy following psychiatrist's recommendation and began courses in astrophysics, computer science and information security.
- 239211.17: Assigned to USS Constitution as a science officer.
- 239306.10: Promoted to Lieutenant (Junior Grade).
- 239310.28: Demoted to Ensign for endangering the lives of three officers in the course of scientific investigation.
- 239311.04: Awarded the Explorer's, Purple Heart, and Diplomacy ribbons for conduct during a mission on Leron III.
The Proust questionnaire
[ARCHIVIST'S NOTE: Compiled as part of an Intrapersonal Awareness course at Bayeaux CRC, 2391]
|What is your idea of perfect happiness?||Irrelevant.||What is your greatest fear?||Irrelevant.||What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?||If I am giving these questions the benefit of the doubt and not assuming that they refer to emotional irrelevancies - my physical disability.|
|What is the trait you most deplore in others?||Ideological inconsistency.||Which living person do you most admire?||Shereen Corla, the previous Head of Surgical Technology at the Daystrom Institute. I believe the Ethics Board were foolish to demand her resignation and there is no proof that the lifeforms she created would have eaten all those students without provocation.||What is your greatest extravagance?||Occasionally deriving mild enjoyment from acts of petty defiance.|
|What is your current state of mind?||Calm and clear.||What do you consider the most overrated virtue?||Acceptance.||On what occasion do you lie?||When it will serve a greater good.|
|What do you most dislike about your appearance?||Irrelevant.||Which living person do you most despise?||The person who made this questionnaire mandatory.||What is the quality you most like in a man?||I can think of only one situation in which gender would be at all relevant to my opinion, and I refuse to divulge information on my sexual preferences.|
|What is the quality you most like in a woman?||I can think of only one situation in which gender would be at all relevant to my opinion, and I refuse to divulge information on my sexual preferences.||Which words or phrases do you most overuse?||None of them. I aim to be concise at all times.||What or who is the greatest love of your life?||Irrelevant; I am Vulcan.|
|When and where were you happiest?||Irrelevant.||Which talent would you most like to have?||Anything that facilitates a greater understanding of the universe.||If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?||The results of my Traumatic Brain Injury.|
|What do you consider your greatest achievement?||Surviving.||If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be?||Nothing. Reincarnation is a myth.||Where would you most like to live?||Anywhere with an advanced enough laboratory and few people.|
|What is your most treasured possession?||Material possessions are irrelevant.||What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?||Doing this questionnaire.||What is your favorite occupation?||Scientific inquiry.|
|What is your most marked characteristic?||My ambition.||What do you most value in your friends?||I have no need for friends.||Who are your favorite writers?||I value ideas, not personalities.|
|Who is your hero of fiction?||Fiction is pointless.||Which historical figure do you most identify with?||Surak.||Who are your heroes in real life?||There are no heroes in real life.|
|What are your favorite names?||Irrelevant.||What is it that you most dislike?||Pointless questions.||What is your greatest regret?||Failing in my scientific endeavors.|
|How would you like to die?||I would not like to die.||What is your motto?||This Questionnaire Is A Waste Of My Time||Any closing comments?||No.|
In formal wear and manual wheelchair, reluctantly, 2393 (image credit: Jalana Rajel)
Portrait by fellow inmate at Bayeaux, 2390
Background sims relating to T'Reshik's biological parents. OOC content warning.
Awards & Service Ribbons
|Awards and Service Ribbons|
|NPC Listing · USS Constitution-B Crew Manifest · Crew History