Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Jenatris Corridor||Siiden Passage|
|Planets and Systems|
|Points of Interest|
|Aelann Imperial Shipyards||Midway Station|
|Jirissa Gardens||Lastelle Island|
|Deep Space 26|
- Planet Name: Shemsh (Shemsh IV)
- Location: Oscion Sector, Par'tha Expanse
- Class: M
- System Data: 8 Planets, one main-sequence star.
- Satellites: Shemsh has three moons, currently unnamed. All are rocky bodies with no atmospheres.
- Gravity: 1.12 G
- Year and Day: 390/29
- Atmosphere: 38% Oxygen, 58% Nitrogen, with approximately 1% Carbon dioxide and 3% Argon. The level of Argon in the atmosphere gives sunrise and sunset skies a slight purplish tinge to them, and the high amount of oxygen in the atmosphere means that fire risk is elevated.
- Hydrosphere: Liquid water is present over approximately 60% of the planetary surface, and significant reserves exist in subterranean caverns. The north pole does not get cold enough to freeze except for during the coldest parts of the year, and temperatures are always low enough to freeze water on the southern pole.
- Climate: Surface humidity usually ranges between 70% and 90%, as most of the land surface of Shemsh is covered in rainforests. These forests have only begun to be charted, and are home to innumerable species of insects, small mammals, and reptiles. Oxygen content in the
- Sapient Species: None native; Colonists and Par'tha Expanse visitors only.
- Technological Classification: Rating N on the Richter Scale
- Government: Federation Colony (Representative Republic)
- Culture: The Shemsh Colonists are tough, smart, independent, and hardy, all requirements for colonists at the edge of Federation space. They consider themselves even moreso than usual, because of the attacks they faced on their way to the colony site.
- Affiliation: Federation.
- Resources: Extensive natural resources, mainly vegetation, produce, and ice (for water, oxygen extraction).
- Places of Note:
- Ship Facilities: Shemsh has an orbital Jupiter Starbase style station, named Shemsh Orbital-Alpha, for resupplying and repairing visiting ships. Facilities for Starfleet vessels are carefully guarded. This station has the ability to switch out the mission pods on Nebula and Akira class starships.
- Other Details: Shemsh is the Federation's central government in the Par'tha Expanse, and is home to extensive diplomatic facilities, markets, and large hospital. All designed to facilitate cooperative scientific, social, and economic activity between Federation colonists and Par'tha Expanse residents, it is still under construction.