Ensign Selara is currently serving as a Medical Officer aboard the USS Arrow .
- Height: 5’8
- Hair: Blonde
- Eyes: Grey
Whom does your character get on with or not get on with? For now, pick one member of your current crew and enter their name below, then describe the nature of your character's relationship with them.
- Parents: Artan and Linera
- Siblings: Arien, Dalan
- Spouse: N/A
- Children: N/A
Born upon Rubicun III, Selara was the youngest child to Edo Mediators Artan and Linera. The bliss of her childhood was undeniable; Starfleet’s intervention the decade before prompted a reassessment of the colony’s penal system, making for a growing, curious child’s paradise. Such enabled Selara’s penchant for medicine to blossom at an incredibly young age — it began with a general interest in flora, for no other reason than the aesthetic comfort they brought.
However, her interest was duly noted by the society’s healers, who opened Selara’s eyes to the restorative properties of the plants in question. Understandably fascinated, it wasn’t long before the young Edo was enthralled by the notion of medicine as a whole. Such intrigue was unexpected by her parents, though encouraged nonetheless. Their son, Dalan, was already intent on mediation training, Arien an established musician within the entertainment circle. Variety was welcome, and as an inherently free people, Selara’s medicinal calling was duly well received.
It was with a particular interest in alien physiology that she began her studies upon Rubicun III; Edo encounters with other species had yet to pass double digits, at least not within the confines of their society. Equal parts naive and resolute, it was with the unabashed confidence of her people that Selara decided to enroll within Starfleet Academy. There, surely, she would be equipped with the means to truly help people. All kinds of people, too, and familiarise herself with the unknown she had been otherwise sheltered to.
One bittersweet goodbye to the people she so adored later, Selara arrived upon Earth. The woman’s prowess in xenobiology despite the limits of her homeworld was noted by examiners, aiding Selara’s acceptance. Comfortable in her medical education so far, it didn’t take the girl very long to acclimatise to Starfleet’s practices. Not that her studies were unchallenging, far from it. She simply ensured that they were peppered with extracurricular, sport in particular. Her own physiology meant that Selara excelled in such, much to the chagrin of other students. Naivety unshaken, she found that she was somewhat shunned by her peers — her outward attractiveness and extroverted nature were both intrinsic to Selara, but landed her in a position of envy for some. Nonetheless, the young woman’s confidence remained similarly unaffected, applied to her endeavours both academic and beyond.
After six arduous years, she graduated with a medical major, minoring in xenobiology.
- Below you'll see a table which contains images for rank pips - you can change the word 'Gold' for 'Red' or 'Teal' or one of the other colors listed earlier to match your duty post. More instructions about how to use the service record template can be found at Template:Service Record.
|Starfleet Service Record
Awards & Service Ribbons
- (We've gone ahead and filled in your first service ribbon: the Starfleet Academy Graduate Ribbon. As you complete missions and continue to serve with the fleet, you'll earn additional awards and service ribbons that you can post here, with the date you got them! For full instructions on how to add more awards and service ribbons, check out Template:Ribbons Display.)
|Awards and Service Ribbons|
- Replace the links below with links to your own SIMs that you find memorable or are important to your character - you may want to add more as your time with the fleet goes on! You can find a complete archive of sims here at the SIM Archive.
- Title of First SIM - (Stardate and brief description of what happens)
- Title of Second SIM - (Stardate and brief description of what happens)
- To end your bio, we're going to drop in some code here for your ship's crew template, which should appear at the bottom of your bio and will help members of the fleet easily browse other bios of your shipmates. Change the name of the ship below to whatever the name of your character's ship is, unless of course you've been assigned to the USS Gemini! Don't forget the letter suffix for your ship if yours has one (such as the USS Darwin-A).
|NPC Listing · USS Arrow Crew Manifest · Crew History