|Crew of the USS Juneau
| Lieutenant Junior Grade Rel Cassi
- Rank: Lieutenant Junior Grade
- Ship: USS Juneau
- Position: Medical Officer
- Species: Bajoran
- Gender: Female
- Age: 27
- DoB: 237012.11
- Birthplace: Musilla Province, Bajor
Starfleet Academy Graduate Ribbon
- "Real Frontier Medicine!"
- — Doctor Julian Bashir
Lieutenant Junior Grade Rel Cassi is currently serving as a Medical Officer aboard the USS Juneau.
- Full Name: Rel Cassi
- Race: Bajoran
- Place of Birth: Musilla Province, Bajor
- Date of Birth: 237012.11
- Age: 27
- Gender: Female
- Marital Status: Single
- Children: N/A
- Father: Rel Ticaro
- Mother: Rel Merin
- Siblings: None
- 237012.11 - Born in Musilla Province of Bajor
- 238807.31 - Began Starfleet Academy
- 239206.01 - Graduated from Starfleet Academy
- 239606.01 - Graduated from Starfleet Medical School; begins one-year internship.
- 239712.28 - Posted to USS Juneau
Cassi was born on 237012.11 in the Musilla Province of Bajor. Her father Ticaro was a resistance fighter during the occupation of Bajor, but turned to farming after the fighting stopped. Her mother Merin was and remains a scholar who teaches at the University in Musilla.
Her childhood was a whirlwind of her father's racism toward Cardassians and her mother's more inclusive beliefs; and all of the fighting between them. Though Cassi had never actually met a Cardassian, she felt both fearful and eager to meet one.
Cassi's faith was always a struggle. She firmly believes in the Prophets, yet finds herself uneasy in their presence, be it in a Temple, or in her own quiet meditation. Her intrigue in science had always been at war with her religious side, something her very traditional father abhors. While Cassi's mother is also a faithful daughter of the Prophets, she has always encouraged Cassi to have an open mind and take a down to earth approach to her faith.
After she came of age, Cassi began her training at Starfleet Academy. Here her fascination with science was bolstered, and Cassi found herself struggling further with the religious side of herself. Cassi majored in biology at Starfleet Academy before beginning her medical study. She grew to love medicine, and has thrived in the medical field.
Cassi has a strong yearning for adventure, especially the chance to meet new people from different and exciting cultures; expanding her knowledge of medicine and bringing healing to those that need it.
- Quarters: Plain. Having just moved in, Cassi has not decorated, save for a picture of her and her mother on her desk.
- Favorite Room: Primary Sick Bay
- Habits: In Development
- Mannerisms: In Development
- Religion/Spiritual Devotion: Bajoran Prophets
- Hobbies and Pastimes: In Development
- Likes: Meeting new people, exploring
- Dislikes: Rude people, being generalized
- Ambitions and Goals: In Development
- Achievements in Life: Left Bajor, Graduated from Starfleet Academy and Starfleet Medical
- Disappointments in Life: Had a falling our with her father when she left for Starfleet Academy
- Temperament: Cheery. She is generally optimistic but hates to study.
- Mental problems (complexes and phobias): In Development
- SD 239801.09 - Medical Officer: Rel Cassi, MD, USS Juneau
- Patient: Ensign John Kendrick
- Medical Assessment: Ensign Kendrick is a 22-year-old human male who reported to Sick Bay for his yearly physical. I deemed him Fit for Duty, as he has no sickness or injury, and has no complaints. I ensured he knew that he could come back at any time for questions or any concerns.
- SD 239801.04 - Medical Officer: Rel Cassi, MD, USS Juneau
- Patient: Ensign Vitor Silveira
- Medical Assessment: Ensign Silveira is a 31-year-old human male who reported to Sick Bay for his yearly physical. Though he has a surprisingly colorful medical history, I deemed him Fit for Duty at this time, as he has no current sickness or injury, and no complaints. I made sure he knew he could return to Sick Bay if he ever had any medical concerns or questions.
- SD 239802.27 - Medical Officer: Rel Cassi, MD, USS Juneau
- Patient: Ensign Dekas
- Medical Assessment: Ensign Dekas is a 27-year-old Aurelian male who reported to Sick Bay for his check-in physical. He reported that he was in good health. I saw no clear signs to the contrary, yet my knowledge is limited on Aurelian physiology. As Starfleet’s Medical Database only has limited information on Aurelians, I will be reaching out to Ensign Dekas’ prior physicians and his homeworld for more information. For now, I deem him Fit for Duty, with the order to come back to Sickbay if he has any medical problems.
- SD 239803.06 - Medical Officer: Rel Cassi, MD, USS Juneau
- Patient: Lieutenant Commander Karise Indobri
- Medical Assessment: Lieutenant Commander Indobri was rescued after a kidnapping and I saw to her wounds. She suffered severe bone fractures in several places in her right ankle. These have been healed with an Anabolic Protoplaser, but will be tender for at least a week. She also had a mild case of hypoxia that was treated with a Trio-ox compound (Trioxin). The more concerning problem was a fever that only affected her, and no one she was with or her rescue team. The fever was broken with a combination of Numinol Tetramidaphin and Polyadrenaline. While the fever doesn’t seem contagious, I am still unsure of how it was contracted. I have placed Commander Indobri on Light Duty for now, no more than four hours of desk work at a time. Once her ankle is fully restored, I have determined the cause of the fever, and I am absolutely certain that it won’t be transmitted to anyone else later, I will re-examine Commander Indobri and place her back on Full Duty.