|Full Name||Lena Josett|
|Birthplace||Kalim City, Musilla Province, Bajor|
Lena Josett, a Cardassian-Bajoran hybrid, is a Starfleet intelligence officer recently returned to the fleet after a deep cover operation.
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Personality
- 3 Relationships
- 4 Personal History
- 5 Service Record
- 6 Mission History and Sim Archive
- Height: 1.70m (5' 7")
- Build: Athletic, solid
- Hair: Brown, curly
- Eyes: Brown
Lena is an olive-skinned young woman of unremarkable height, her lissom frame solid with muscles forged out a clear dedication to her own fitness. Attentive to her surroundings, she moves with a casual, unhurried swagger, purposefully heavy on her feet. Her mixed heritage is obvious on first glance; cranial ridges less pronounced than in a full-blooded Cardassian, framing a pair of keen bronze eyes, the "spoon" on her forehead melding into a very Bajoran nose. Her long, curly hair is often left to be a little wild, sometimes pulled back into a ponytail if things are very serious.
On-duty, she tends to roll up her sleeves and unzip her collar. Off-duty, she favours dark, rugged clothing and solid boots. Lena typically carries at least one knife, often tucked into her boot.
Lena is adaptable, practical and realistic, with a determined streak that often means she gets what she wants. She's easy-going with most and confident in her own skills and abilities. Living in the present, she delights in variety and seeking out new experiences; someone who enjoys touching and examining the world around her with cool rationalism and spirited curiosity. An analytical mind, she likes to know how things work and possesses good technical skills, enjoying taking things apart to see how they tick — and putting them back together just a little bit better than they were before.
Her friends and associates typically describe her as friendly but private, calm with a tendency toward sudden spontaneity, and an inquisitive soul who has little patience for formal studies. Any kind of relationship with her can be a tango, complex and interesting; where she alternates between cool detachment and spontaneous passion, demanding her own personal space while forgetting (or ignoring) the boundaries of others, and rebelling vigorously against any attempt to control or tie her down. Those few deeper connections she does share have all grown organically from day-to-day decisions, with no attempt to impose or demand affection.
- Full Gallery: Lena's Sketchbook
- Sketching: She usually has a couple of sketchbooks on the go, with images of the places and people she's encountered.
- Card and Dice Games: Lena has an extensive mental library of various games of chance (and how to cheat at them).
- Fitness: She apportions a part of every day to keep herself in good shape, with both weight training and cardio.
- The Do' joH: Her personal shuttle, named the Lucky Lady in Klingon is a continuing pet project of Lena's, and she often tinkers with it in her downtime.
Despite all the colour and character of the woman herself, Lena's quarters are aggressively bland. Everything is standard Starfleet issue and there are no personal touches in at all, the rooms treated more like a hotel than a home. A little searching would reveal the wardrobe of a woman who likes chunky boots and leather jackets, a few components from her shuttle brought back for some tinkering, and sketchbooks stowed away that tell a story of where she's been and who she's spent time with.
- Mother: Siyel Josett (deceased). A Cardassian scientist who worked at the Bajoran Institute of Science during the Occupation of Bajor.
- Father: Kadera Josef. Married a few years after the Occupation ended, starting a new life and family. When his hybrid daughter arrived on his doorstep some twenty years later, he wanted absolutely nothing to do with her.
- Half-brother: Kadera Vodan. Lena's younger sibling is unaware of her existence.
- Half-sister: Kadera Teeda. Much like her older brother, Teeda has no idea that she has an older sister.
Friends and Associates
|With much more in common that appearances and histories would suggest, Lena enjoys spending time with Bear and he's a frequent guest in her sketchbook. They have a similar outlook on life, sharing a similar sense of claustrophobia that comes from free spirits serving aboard a starship. She cheats in their card games and steals his booze, paying him back in her own way with outings aboard her shuttle where they can leave Starfleet behind. Married in a spur of the moment decision made for amusement value, Lena ignored and fought her growing feelings for him. Finally, she left him, only to realise that she might have gone and fallen in love for the first time in her life, and the pair reunited on Risa.|
|Best Friend / Partner in Crime||More than just a "Known Associate" as listed in her files, Ollie is one of the few people Lena would consider a friend and a good one at that. She's genuinely fond of her fellow treasure-hunter, revelling in their shared joie de vivre and their adventures are the stuff of pirate legend in Hai Tac Outpost and beyond.|
|Thrown together in an undercover mission, the personalities of Lena and Valesha barely align. Despite that, there's a sense of camaraderie between two women who can't shake off the feeling that they just don't fit, no matter where they are, and an understanding of what it's like to have nothing. As a result, they rarely arrange to spend time with one another, but tend to be perfectly content to do so when their paths cross.|
|Captain Rahn Natan, a Bajoran, is a section lead in Starfleet Intelligence's Organised Crime division. Though Lena is loathe to admit it, he's the closest thing to a father figure she has and much of what keeps her in line is a determination not to disappoint him.|
- 2368 (Age 0): Born at the tail-end of the Cardassian Occupation of Bajor.
- 2369 (Age 1): She accompanies her mother to the city of Laathra on Cardassia when their forces withdraw from Bajor. Her mother's relatively low political status and power in the Union results in no immediate consequences for Siyel, though she is aware that she has little hope of advancing her career or position in society with a hybrid child.
- 2375 (Age 7): Lena is orphaned during the Battle of Cardassia, and courtesy of Cardassian disinterest toward their orphans, is left to fend for herself on the streets.
- 2380 (Age 12): Stows away aboard a Cardassian transport ship, intending to escape to Federation territory and seek out her Bajoran family. Unwittingly chooses the wrong ship, and ends up in Syndicate space instead.
- 2385 (Age 17): She is arrested during a Starfleet Security and Intelligence operation targeting the Syndicate. Her youth and history earns her sympathy from the Bajoran operational lead, Commander Rahn Natan, and she escapes charges on the condition of full cooperation. Natan becomes quite fond of the young woman and takes her under his wing, helping her attempts to reconnect with her Bajoran heritage. It does not go well.
- 2388 (Age 20): After intensive schooling to make up for lost years of education, and with now-Captain Rahn's sponsorship, she enters Starfleet Academy as an Intelligence/Engineering double major.
- 2392 (Age 24): Graduates Starfleet Academy. Immediately drafted into Starfleet Intelligence's Organised Crime division and is soon sent back into the Syndicate as an undercover agent.
- 2396 (Age 28): Completes her assignment and is posted to the USS Gorkon as an intelligence officer, due to her specialised knowledge of the Syndicate.
|Starfleet Service Record
Commendations and Decorations
|Awards and Service Ribbons|
Mission History and Sim Archive
Primary Mission History
- "Operation Sea Devil": The crew of the USS Gorkon undertake a daring mission to infiltrate Orion space in order to capture a fugitive crime boss, acquire valuable intelligence and extract an undercover operative. At the same time, the Gorkon searches for one of the Syndicate's pirate captains who may be convinced to retire to the safe shores of the Federation... bringing all of his knowledge with him.
- "Operation Q-Ball": As the USS Azetbur goes missing, and Rear Admiral Quinn Reynolds mysteriously disappears, the crew of the USS Gorkon take it on themselves to investigate her disappearance by heading into the seedy, underhanded world of the Orion Syndicate once more.
- "Pirates of the Quantum Realms": Guest star. After a series of brazen pirate attacks, Veritas is tasked to find the perpetrators who seemingly vanish each time they're about to be caught.
Secondary Mission History
- "Cyndriel Diamonds": On assignment for Starfleet Intelligence, Lena and Bear investigate an abandoned laboratory with some nasty surprises within.
- "A Saga of Family, Blood and Found": After wrapping up an assignment in the Shoals, Lena helps Valesha track down her long lost brother on Ketar V and almost dies in the process.
- Start as You Mean to Go On: While on an undercover mission for Starfleet Intelligence, Valesha Sienelis and Orson "Bear" Marshall meet an ally in the pirate haven of Hai Tac.
- In Stillness, Regret; A Legacy is Denied; Together, They Run: Running into some unanticipated complications during their time on Hai Tac, Valesha, Bear and Lena make a hasty and dramatic exit from the outpost.
- Commonalities: After returning from the undercover mission, Lena and Bear share that they both struggle with the confines of Starfleet life, and escape in a shuttle trip among the stars.
|NPC Listing · USS Gorkon Crew Manifest · Crew History