. Ensign Laszlo Kecskemeti is currently serving as a Medical Officer aboard the USS Atlantis.
- Height: 6 feet
- Weight: 170 lbs
- Hair: Brown and Grey
- Eyes: Brown
- Build: Athletic
- Taste of Clothing (While Off Duty): Due to his brother, Erik, being lieutenant governor of Cestus III colony, Lazslo often wears the Pike City Pioneers team ball cap. A sweatshirt with the logo of the New Paris Relief Mission, comfortable trousers and athletic shoes tends to complete the ensemble
- Handedness: Left
- Language: Federation Standard, Hungarian, Vulcan
- Faults/Weaknesses: Laszlo is stubborn, strong willed and persistant when he wants to be, which is often. He follows protocol and expects others to do the same, believing cutting corners can cost lives. He can be a perfectionist in his work. His empathy for the weak can conflict strict adherance to protocol. He can feel alone even in a room of people.
- Interests: Cestus III baseball league, specifically the Pike City Pioneers, is his go to sport and if possible attend their 'World Series' championship. History is a close second, whether it is Earth's or some alien world, it all intrigues him as if research was a drug. He has an exercise regimen that he faithfully follows every morning before starting his duty shift; something he has done since college. Due to his Vulcan wife and half-Vulcan children, he has a 'faith' in Sha Ka Ree if only to hope for some grand scheme. Enjoys Klingon Opera though does not understand it.
- Father: Dr. Viktor Kecskemeti, 91
- Mother: Lena Galloway (Deceased)
- Siblings: Iren, Galos, Erik, Vladimir, Maria
- Wife: L'Vor (Deceased, 2390)
- Children: Radak, 30; Aravik 24; Ensign Vorik, 23 USS Montreal
- Grandchildren: TPring, 11; L'Vor, 2
- Yale School of Medicine, Class of 2373
- Starfleet Academy, Class of 2395
Stricken by Tordynnar Syndrome in 2390. He has to take three different drugs (Alprazaline, Doloxan, Quinium) every 28 days to fight off this Hematologic disease.
Kecskeméti László, or Laszlo, was born in Debrecen, in Central Europe, where his older siblings were already between the ages of 18 and 9. His then 42 year old father, a doctor with a stellar reputation and status, was cold to the idea almost immediately. His father's medical career often trumped family on many occasion and expected that with his children older, he could really push ahead. The unplanned, perhaps unwanted pregnancy that was to be Laszlo gave him a bumpy start to very young life.
His two oldest siblings, like their father, went into medicine as if by divine decree. Both ending up excelling in their perspective careers and like their father, have won the Carrington Award, an unheard of feat within a single family. It was this grand shadow that Laszlo found himself when he was accepted to Yale School of Medicine...His father's Alma Mater. There was even a new wing dedicated to his father. Laszlo, however, indulged as the typical 'frat' boy (in his Father's old fraternity) and was known for women, smuggled Romulan ale, and a good time.
Even with such rebelliousness, he still excelled in his classes, especially xenomedicine which featured exotic or very foreign life forms. The guest lecturer that year was a Vulcan doctor, L'Vor. She was over twice his age (for a Vulcan, she looked no older than 30) but found potential in him, fostering his skills and methodology. When he finally attained his degree, L'Vor asked if he would accompany her and a relief team to a colony stricken by an epedemic. That decision changed the course of his life. A residency at any of Earth's prominent hospitals may have been expected but he wanted to break his father's mold and make one of his own.
Such missions to Benecia, Tellus and a dozen other worlds soon fostered an unlikely closeness behind the logical Vulcan and the emotional human. A closeness her adult son, Radak, also a doctor, did not approve of. She was a widow, her mate having passed away a decade before, and felt she had done her obligation. Their union was finally binding in a marriage contract aboard an orbiting hospital ship above yet another stricken colony. He was 28 and idealistic who often bumped heads with local officials when the health of sick people was concerned. Their marriage produced two sons, whom upon school age, were sent to Vulcan to their maternal grandparents and a 'proper' Vulcan education. Lazslo did not object since the worlds they traveled had their shares of risk.
When he was 45, one such risk was on the New Paris Colony, quarantined because of a prevalent strain of Tordynnar syndrome. Two hospital ships were in orbit and Starfleet was enforcing the quarantine, with starships in route to offer further medical assistance. Treating the sick planetside, L'Vor and Laszlo got infected but all concerned assumed the vaccine would work. The strain, however, was a mutation and was now lethal to Vulcans. After only three days in ICU, she died. Laszlo had not been immuned either but the vaccine had been a quick fix. He would be forced to take a concoction of drugs every 28 days to fight the pathogen inside his blood. There was no cure.
He still wore the New Paris Relief Mission sweatshirt from time to time as a reminder to what was loss, how his life was forever shattered. He ended up on Cestus III where his older brother Erik was lieutenant governor and where his interest in baseball was born. It was also where bars, saloons, taverns became home. Of his younger sons, the older one, Aravik was drawn to his Vulcan heritage, took the kolinahr and purged himself of all emotion. It was the youngest, Vorik, who accepted his human side and although he did not embrace his father's passions, he did find them fascinating. It was Vorik who helped bring his father out of despair. Vorik had been accepted to Starfleet Academy and thought, with his father's experience dealing with alien pathogens, perhaps Starfleet would be a good fix for him as well. It would give him purpose and perhaps even find a more permanent remedy for the Tordynnar Syndrome he was forced to live with.
Laszlo, 50 years of age by this time, was accepted to Stafleet Academy in 2395.
|Cadet First Class||239506.26 -239507.03||239507.03||Medical Officer|
|Ensign||239507.03 - Present||USS Atlantis||Medical Officer|
Awards & Service Ribbons
|Awards and Service Ribbons|
- Title of First SIM - (Stardate and brief description of what happens)
- Title of Second SIM - (Stardate and brief description of what happens)
|NPC Listing · USS Atlantis Crew Manifest · Crew History