- Full name: Jon Oswald
- Date of birth: 11th July 2369
- Species: Human
- Gender: Male
- Hair color: Light Brown
- Eye color: Blue
- Height: 183cm
- Father: David Oswald, Professor of Astrophysics, University College London.
- Mother: Jennifer Oswald, Lecturer in Terran Ancient Histories, University College London
- Jon prides himself on his appearance seeking to present a professional image at all times. He ensures his uniform is always looking its very best.
- Jon walks quickly and purposefully wherever he goes. Obvious mannerisms include almost obsessive uniform checking and hand gesturing whilst conversing with others. He has been accused of obsessive compulsive disorder by more than one Academy bunk mate.
- Jon's personality is generally friendly and polite. He possess a somewhat dry sense of humour that has earned him many a scolding look from senior officers. Jon can be relied upon to perform his duties under pressure. He's never more focused than when he's solving a problem.
- Breaking with tradition, captain S'Ranna allowed his junior officers their own private quarters. Jon maintains his to ensure maximum efficiency ensuring everything is in its proper place. Personal touches are sparse, but do include a framed picture of his parents and graduating class from the Academy.
Jon was born in the city of London in 2369 to parents David and Jennifer Oswald, both of whom were on the teaching staff at the prestigious University College London. Academia was the focal point for much of Jon's childhood and his parents guided him down the path to a future career in the sciences. Jon was only a small boy during the Dominion War, but seeing the FNS bulletins show the brave men and women of Starfleet fighting to protect the Federation would plant a seed of inspiration in the young boy's mind.
Jon enjoyed a happy and well rounded childhood and excelled through his schooling and fully supported by his parents, successfully enrolled into University to study physics. Despite having been guided to this moment from birth, Jon quickly found that the civilian sciences didn't hold the same appeal when compared to what some of his friends were doing in Starfleet. The promise of adventure out in the universe, discovery and infinite possibilities was what eventually convinced Jon to withdraw from university and sign up to Starfleet.
Following a gap year of travelling and other activities typically partaken by young men, Jon successfully enrolled into the Academy. He took to the training like a duck to water and excelled through the programmes, soaking it all up like a sponge. His parents, although initially hesitant saw the enjoyment that their son gained from Starfleet and had never been so proud when Jon graduated.
Jon's cadet cruise flew by and the budding officer enjoyed every moment, knowing that he had made the correct decision in joining Starfleet. Successfully finishing his cruise he received the first golden pip and was assigned to the Andaris Task Force where he currently serves.
- 236907.11: Jon Oswald is born
- 238709.05: Enrolled in University College London, Astrophysics degree programme.
- 238909.01: Enrolled in Starfleet Academy
- 239307.10: Graduated from Starfleet Academy
- 239307.11: Began Cadet cruise
- 239407.16: Completed Cadet cruise
- 239407.17: Promoted to Ensign. Assigned as a science officer, Andaris Task Force.
|2389 - 2393|
Starfleet Academy, Department of Arts and Science
|Cadet First Class||239407.16||Graduated Starfleet Academy||Science|
|Ensign||239407.17 - Present||USS Atlantis||Science officer|
|NPC Listing · USS Columbia Crew Manifest · Crew History
Awards & Service Ribbons
|Awards and Service Ribbons|
- Ensign Jon Oswald - The first day of the rest of your life - (239407.17 - Jon's very first staff briefing aboard the USS Atlantis)