Lieutenant JG Hal Mika, a Ba'ku, is currently the counselor aboard the USS Eagle.
- Height: 1.78 meters, 5' 10"
- Weight: 70.3 kilos, 150 lbs
- Hair Color: Black
- Eye Color: Blue
- Spouse: None
- Children: None
- Father: Hama Mika
- Mother: Dia Alers
- Siblings: Gil Mika, age 30
- 237103.15: Mika is born on Ba'ku to Hama Mika and Dia Alers.
- 2375: First Contact is established with the Ba'ku during an event that threatened to wipe out the Ba'ku. At the age of 4, Mika experiences sheer terror as events unfold. The problems are eventually resolved by the crew of the USS Enterprise under the command of Captain Jean-Luc Picard.
- 2378 The Ba'ku join the Federation.
- 2390 After years of study and much to the dismay of his parents, Mika leaves Ba'ku to join Starfleet at the age of 19.
- 239504.10 Fresh out of the Academy, Mika is assigned to the USS Blackwell.
- 239509.02 Promoted to Lieutenant Junior Grade.
- 239509.10 Transferred to the USS Columbia.
- 239511.10 Transferred to the USS Eagle.
When Hal was 4 years old, first contact was established with Starfleet. Hal can vaguely remember some of the incidents, including the exodus and kidnapping by the Son’a. The story of Jean-Luc Picard and the crew of the Enterprise is what inspired him to leave the technologically inhibited world and journey among the stars.
Because the Ba’Ku decided to remove themselves from advanced technology, Hal’s decision to join Starfleet was not an easy one. It took him a long time to convince his parents to let him go, and he hasn’t communicated with them since. While Hal’s brother was more supportive, even he was somewhat resentful of Hal leaving.
When he first joined Starfleet, Hal was amazed by the ships and considered majoring in Helm and Navigation at the Academy, but ultimately decided on the Counselor track. Five years later he graduated and was immediately assigned to the USS Blackwell immediately before its humanitarian aid assignment to Arndall.
Personality and Mannerisms
Hal has always been fascinated by the stars. When he was a child he would always stay up late and watch the stars, wondering what was up there, what they might look like up close. He relishes challenge but struggles when uncertain. Always in tune with nature, Hal isn't afraid to get his hands dirty. He is a thinker who is greatly concerned with people's motivations. He considers his chosen field of psychology more an art than science and is generally disinterested in science. His understanding of psychology does little to help him with his own insecurities.
Hal is not one for levity in serious situations. His sense of humor is dry and is not often amused at "sophomoric" pranks and jibes. He does not consciously consider himself to be superior to less serious people but can sometimes come off as sounding if he does. He takes himself very seriously, which causes him to take criticism to heart. Hal is always hard on himself. Anything less than excellence threatens Hal's confidence.
- Rock Climbing
- Prone to motion sickness
|Ensign||239504.10 - 239509.02||USS Blackwell||Counselor|
|Lieutenant JG||239509.02 - 239509.10|
|239509.10 - 239511.10||USS Columbia|
|239511.10 - Present||USS Eagle|
Awards & Service Ribbons
|Awards and Service Ribbons|
|NPC Listing · USS Eagle Crew Manifest · Crew History