|Birthplace||Children's Hospital of New Orleans, New Orleans LA|
Ensign Jacques Lazier is currently serving as a Security Officer aboard the USS Atlantis.
- Height: 6' 0" (183cm)
- Weight: 215 lbs (97.5 kgs)
- Hair colour: Jet Black
- Length of Hair: Short, usually anywhere between two and four inches in length.
- Eyes: Light Brown
- Build: Muscular
- Telepathic status: T0/E0
- Poses: Stands upright, tends to lean slightly forward when walking as a counter for carrying heavy sacks of feed or hay on his back during his youth.
- Taste in Clothing (when off duty): Is usually dressed in attire as black as his hair. He's normally a plain black tee kind of guy, and his pants will either be black denim or some variant of workout pant.
- Shoes: Favors black running shoes, usually with one pastel colored design running along the sides, and matching pastel shoelaces.
- Voice: Sharp, deep voice. Distinct Slow Southern Draw. 5% hint of Cajun/creole, not usually noticeable to non-natives.
- Handedness: Ambidextrous - Favors left hand for precision skills such as writing/eating, while favoring right hand for power skills such as throwing/opening. One notable exception is that he shoots his weapon right handed.
- Marital Status: Single
- Spouse: None
- Children: None
- Father: Robert "Buddy" Lazier Sr. (deceased)
- Mother: Jacquelyn Lazier
- Elder: Robert "Buddy Jr" Lazier Jr. (26)
- Pet: Pearlescent Elyse (Domesticated feline, 7)
To be formed with the crew soon!
Jacques Lazier was born in 2375 in Metairie Louisiana. He had one other brother, Buddy Jr. Growing up in his brothers shadow, Jacques often found it hard to live up to the lofty expectations set by his ever-pleasing brother BJ. While his brother was clearly Mother's boy, Jacques grew very close to his father. A family that preferred the old way of living to the ever advancing technological way of life, the were farmers, growing their fair share of the food needed for the communities in the area to be self-sustaining. It was always assumed that Buddy Jr would be bound for Starfleet or other brave endeavors, while Jacques would stay behind and man the farm, taking over someday for his parents.
Shortly after Jacques 16th birthday, his father was lost in a tragic farming accident while helping a neighbor. Jacques was too young to take over, and Jacquelyn wasn't suited to do things herself, so Buddy Jr had to alter his future plans and stay home to keep the family farm afloat. Jacques didn't take his fathers passing well, and shortly thereafter began to rebel. Other than being a massive thorn in his mother and older brothers side, he never managed to cause any serious trouble, mainly just the garden variety hell raising that you would have expected a adolescent boy to cause. His mother became very strict, and his brother started to resent Jacques for making her life hell every time he rebelled. Jacques began to resent the farm itself, and the way of life that took his father away from him. Without Buddy Sr around it was clear the scales had been unbalanced, and he felt the farm was no longer his home.
He bounced around from place to place for a few months, but eventually the couch-surfing lifestyle had run its course, and instead of Buddy it was Jacques who enlisted in Starfleet. It wasn't his childhood dream like it was for many, more of a way out. Though, the more and more he thought on the idea, the more it did grow on him. After initial reluctance to accept his own decision, he finally came to terms with his new future, and decided to take the first step into adulthood and put forth a real effort into making something out of his newfound future.
Personality & Mannerisms
- Quarters: Total bachelor pad. Hardly any decorations at all. If not for his clothing you'd almost assume it was an unoccupied quarters.
- Favorite Room: Holodeck. It's hard not to pick the Jacques-of-all-trades room. No matter what you are in need of, the holodeck can provide.
- Habits: Tends to scowl when his face is at rest. It's unintentional but with the build of his face as well as the contrast between his light skin and dark hair, it can be intimidating at times. Enjoys smirking, does not always have control over when and where that happens, which has led to a conflict or two.
- Religion/Spiritual Devotion: Practically nil. Raised with southern Christian values which he loosely believes in, he does not actively practice any form of religion.
- Hobbies and Pastimes: Enjoys playing 21st Century Sports, specifically baseball. Also has a bucket list goal to watch the 10 most acclaimed films from every year, is currently through the year 1991.
- Likes: Food in general; Competitions; Winning; A sense of freedom.
- Dislikes: Pressure (though he functions better under pressure); feeling trapped, losing
- Ambitions and Goals: Operating under the assumption that he will enjoy Starfleet and Space travel, his goal will merely be to stay on board and keep from getting kicked out.
- Temperament: Surprisingly patient, but when pushed past the limit, it takes him a surprising amount of time to calm back down and return to composed.
- Mental problems (complexes and phobias): Has a bit of an inferiority complex due to being the underperformer compared to his scholar of an older brother.
- Physical Limitations: Lacks agility/flexibility due to his body/muscle size. Not normally a problem, but struggles to articulate when crouched or trying to fit into a small space.
Awards & Service Ribbons
- For award descriptions, see: Awards and Service Ribbons
|Awards and Service Ribbons|
USS Atlantis Crew Roster
|NPC Listing · USS Atlantis Crew Manifest · Crew History