First Battle of Eratis
|Deep Space 17|
The First Battle of Eratis (also known as the Battle of Deep Space 17 and previously the Battle of Eratis before 2387's Second Battle of Eratis) was a major battle fought in September 2383. It took place in the vicinity of the Federation station Deep Space 17, in the Eratis system after which the battle was named. It was the final formal battle of the Gorn Conflict of 2383.
During the conflict, Deep Space 17 was a station of significant importance in the region, serving as the base of command for the local Federation task force. Close to the Gorn and Tholian borders, it became a key target when the Gorn tried to annex the entire region. They attacked the system with a fleet outnumbering the defending Federation force and their Free Trade Union allies.
The battle concluded when Federation and Gorn diplomats agreed to a ceasefire.
- USS Ursa Major - Sovereign Class (Flagship)
- Deep Space 17 - Space Station
- USS Hammond - Axis Class
- USS Independence - New Orleans Class (destroyed )
- USS First Response - Saber class (destroyed )
- USS Triumphant - Defiant Class (damaged)
- USS Tucson - Galaxy Class (partly destroyed Saucer)
- USS Forrester - Nebula class (crippled, probably destroyed )
Free Trade Union vessels involved
- FTS K'tarn
- 2 other FTU vessels
Gorn vessels involved
- 3 (three) Carnosaurus Destroyers: (incl flag ship, Enlightenment: Captain Hessla (S.I.: 1000)
- 1 (one) Albertasaurus Destroyer (S.I.: 1600)
- 5 (five) Strike Cruisers X (Reassigned) (S.I.: 850)
- 3 (three) Raptor Class (Reassigned) (S.I.: 350)
- 3 (three) Dactyl Strike Cruiser VIII (S.I.: 500)
- 1 (one) Troop Transport (~3800 Gorn aboard)
- 1 (one) Iguana Class Battleship (S.I. 1900) carrying ten fighters (SI:72 each) and biomimetic weapons.