|Birthplace||Albany, New York, Earth|
Ensign Evan Delano is a 24 year old Vulcan/Terran hybrid currently serving as a security officer aboard the USS Tiger-A, a Prometheus class vessel under the command of Fleet Captain Sidney Riley which is currently assigned to the Ithassa Region. His immediate senior office is Lieutenant A'ern Zerxes. Like many young hybrids, Ensign Delano struggles to balance his two halves, but has rejected the major tenets of Vulcan philosophy in favor of his human half.
- Full Name: Evan Tyler Delano
- Race: Vulcan/Terran
- Date of Birth: 236602.10 (February 10, 2366)
- Place of Birth: Albany, New York, Earth
- Age: 24
- Gender: Male
- Telepathic Status: Untrained
- Height: 6' 3" (1.91 m)
- Weight: 190 lbs (86.2 kg)
- Hair Color: chestnut brown
- Length of Hair: Very short
- Eye Color: Blue
- Skin Tone: Olive (equivalent to Mediterranean ancestry on Earth)
- Birthmarks, Scars: The remnants of a hemangioma on his left shoulder blade
- Build: muscular, broad-shouldered build
- Face: High cheek bones, strong jawline, prominent brow, pointed eyebrows
- Eyes: Humanoid. Two sets of eyelids as per vulcan physiology.
- Mouth: Humanoid
- Arms: Humanoid
- Legs: Humanoid
- Poses (Hands/Gestures, Feet/Legs, Torso/Head):
- Taste in Clothing (when off duty): Simple, comfortable clothing emphasizing light colors mixed with the cooler end of the spectrum
- Shoes: high quality boots or athletic shoes
- Voice: Typical male humanoid (mid-range baritone), North American western accent
- Handedness: Ambidextrous
- Quarters: USS Tiger, Deck 6, Section 4, Cabin 1
- Shared interior quarters aboard the USS Tiger-A include a bedroom, living area, and bathroom.
- Favorite Room: Deck 10 Gymnasium
- Habits: Often uses the word "fascinating" as a euphemism.
- Religion/Spiritual Devotion: Agnostic Atheist. He accepts the existence of powerful extradimensional beings, but rejects the notion of them being deities.
- Hobbies and Pastimes: martial arts, animal training, puzzles and games
- Likes: Keeping busy, clear goals, bettering himself and others, fitness, solving problems
- Dislikes: Inactivity, navigating ambiguities, unsolvable problems, failure
- Ambitions and Goals: Evan's still defining this for himself, he's very interested in exploration and in experiencing things that no one has before. At the moment, he's most interested in proving himself and in eventually becoming a department head.
- Achievements in Life: Admitted to and graduated from Starfleet Academy, placed four times at the annual Starfleet Academy Mixed Martial Arts tournament.
- Disappointments in Life: Struggles with his emotions, struggles to connect with others, has never mastered Vulcan telepathy
- Temperment: Eager, active, direct, curious, inquisitive, passionate, occasionally obsessive (especially when presented with a problem to solve)
- Mental problems (complexes and phobias): Has an aversion to Vulcan philosophy, in spite of his heritage. He hesitates to employ the few Vulcan techniques he's mastered to help keep his emotional mood swings under control, which has caused him problems in the past. He struggles to understand abstract theory, which makes advanced science and engineering difficult for him to master, a major source of consternation during his time at the Academy.
- Physical Limitations: N/A
Family and Relationships
|Father||A Vulcan civilian starship engineer specializing in the use of hyper-efficient warp field dynamics to optimize older warp core designs. He currently resides on Vulcan, where he teaches at the Shi'al Engineering Institute, a specialized secondary school in the Shi'al Region.|
|Mother||Susan Delano North. A human civilian starship engineer specializing high grade civilian shuttles and transport vessel design. Retired. She currently resides on Earth at her husband's ranch north of Rawlins, Wyoming.|
|Stepfather||A human conservationist wildlife specialist on Earth. Married to Susan North. Currently owns a ranch near Rawlins, Wyoming where he performs rescue and rehabilitation on all types of North American wildlife.|
|Stepmother||A Vulcan neurologist in the Shi'al Region of Vulcan. Married to Kedall.|
|Half-sister||A veterinarian on Earth currently working with her father, specializes in treating North American wildlife.|
|Half-sister||Oldest child (daughter) of Kedall and Espera. A first year cadet at Starfleet Academy studying Xenobiology.|
|Salen||Half-sister||Age 14. Youngest daughter of Kedall and Espera. A pre-medical student on Vulcan.|
|Ralok||Half-brother||Age 7. Youngest child (son) of Kedall and Espera. Currently enrolled at the Shi'al Engineering Institute on Vulcan.|
|Mentor, Academy Instructor||Security Instructor at Starfleet Academy.|
|Instructor in Vulcan Meditation||Antik was Evan's primary tutor during his time on Vulcan. He taught Evan traditional Vulcan methods of controlling his emotions, and also introduced him to the Vulcan martial art, Suus Mahna.|
|Pet||Wolf-dog hybrid he helped raise from a puppy on his stepfather's ranch. Apollo is currently under the care of his mother, where he has acres of land to roam. Evan originally wanted to bring the animal with him to the Tiger, but ultimately decided it would be unhealthy and potentially dangerous.|
- Evan's parents met at a civilian engineering conference in New Berlin on Luna in 2365. Their meeting extended into a short-lived affair which ended when Evan's father, Kedall, confessed that he was married. Ashamed at what he saw as an "emotional outburst," Kedall returned to Vulcan and broke off all contact with Evan's mother. Evan had a troubled childhood in which he struggled to control his erratic, sometimes violent emotional outbursts. He resented his stepfather and refused to accept his surname, though they have since reconciled their differences, he continues to use his mother's maiden name. Evan's behavior eventually got him into trouble after he severely injured another classmate over a minor altercation.
- Evan was to be admitted to a juvenile rehabilitation center until Kedall intervened and offered to take him to Vulcan to be properly trained. Temporarily placed in the guardianship of his birth father, Evan lived on Vulcan for five years. Though he struggled to fit in just as he had on Earth, Evan learned to control his emotions through the use of basic Vulcan meditation exercises combined with his devotion to learning Suus Mahna, a defensive Martial Art.
- After returning to Earth, he achieved academic success, though he still struggled to connect to many of his peers. At the urging of a teacher, a former starfleet officer, Evan applied for and was eventually accepted into Starfleet Academy.
- 236602.10: Born in Albany, New York on Earth.
- 236804.05: Mother married stepfather Jim North in a ceremony on Earth.
- 237409.02: Arrested and charged as a juvenile for assaulting and severely injuring a classmate.
- 237409.07: Travelled to Vulcan under temporary guardianship of his father to master Vulcan techniques for controlling his volatile emotions.
- 237811.27: Experienced first pon farr on Vulcan.
- 237902.11: Deemed fit to return to family on earth with approval of the juvenile justice system.
- 238204.02: Recommended for Starfleet Academy entrance exam.
- 238410.20: Passed the Starfleet Academy entrance exam on Starbase 1.
- 238502.28: Awarded second Place at Starfleet Academy annual mixed martial arts tournament.
- 238511.05: Experienced second pon farr.
- 238611.07: Awarded second Place at annual Starfleet Academy annual mixed martial arts tournament.
- 238711.04: Awarded first place at annual Starfleet Academy annual mixed martial arts tournament.
- 238811.09: Awarded first place at annual Starfleet Academy mixed martial arts tournament.
- Date Graduated from Academy: 239007.03 (July 3, 2390)
- Current Rank: Ensign
- Current Assignment: USS Tiger-A
- Duty Post: Security Officer
- Evan entered the Academy as an engineering major in imitation of his civilian parents. He struggled to adapt to the rigorous academic requirements of the school and nearly washed out. The mentorship of Commander Tarla Dean gave him the tools he needed to recover, and at her urging, Evan transferred to the Security Department. He had to work harder than most to succeed, but excelled in combat and tactics training. He spent a considerable amount of his free time with the Academy's mixed martial arts club, which he used to fulfill his athletic participation requirement. Evan spent almost a full year on a cadet cruise aboard the USS Centaur where he was eventually promoted to Acting Chief of Security. He was briefly transferred to the Starbase 118 Academy campus to complete training aboard the holographic USS Centris-A. After graduating, he was commissioned to the USS Tiger-A as a security officer.
|Cadet 4th Class||238506.05 - 238606.04||Starfleet Academy||Engineering Major|
|Cadet 3rd Class||238606.05 - 238706.04||Starfleet Academy||Security Major, Com/Ops Minor|
|Cadet 2nd Class||238706.05 - 238806.04||Starfleet Academy||Security Major, Com/Ops Minor|
|Cadet 1st Class||238806.05 - 238909.01||Starfleet Academy||Security Major, Com/Ops Minor|
|Cadet 1st Class||238909.01 - 239006.17||USS Centaur||Security Cadet|
|Cadet 1st Class||239006.17 - 239007.03||Starbase 118/USS Centris-A||Security Cadet|
|Ensign||239007.03 - Present||USS Tiger-A||Security Officer|
|NPC Listing · Tiger-A Staff Roster · Crew History|
|CO: Flt Cpt Sidney Riley · XO: Lt Cmdr Darius Clack |
MSp: Lt Cmdr Ian Lane West
|CE:Lt Cmdr Alex Blair · EO: Ens Francis Logan |
EO: Ens Rocko Stevens
CTO: Lt Brayden Jorey · TO: Ens Samuel Braddock
CoS: Lt Brayden Jorey · ACoS: Lt JG Chloe Mannin
Sec: Lt Francis DeMarc
|CSO: Lt T'Mihn Ah'mygahn · Sci: Ens Bowrapiquis Jetseen MO: LtCmdr T'Pen · MO: Lt JG Gabriel Warwick |
Coun: Lt JG Zinna
|Edit Nav/View Key to Abbreviations|