- Full Name: Chloe Paige Mannin
- Current Rank: Lieutenant Commander
- Race: Terran
- Date of Birth: July 24, 2367 (Stardate 236707.24)
- Place of Birth: Wakkanai, Hokkaido, Japan, Earth
- Gender: Female
- Telepathic status: 0
- Height: 5'4" (1.63m)
- Weight: 110lbs (50kg)
- Hair Color & Length: Black, Short.
- Eye Color: Pale Blue-Grey
- Skin Tone: Very light complexion, soft.
- Tattoos/Body Modifications: Small Kanji tattoo on the nape of her neck, the symbol for "Brave" in a dark red ink.
- Clothing Taste: Comfortable. If she could serve in yoga clothes, she likely would.
- Voice: Chloe's voice is clear and light, though she often sounds hesitant. If she sang, she would be a soprano.
- Handedness: Ambidextrous.
While Chloe has her father's eye color, she is physically much more like her mother. Her eyes have a just hint of her mother's almond shape. She has a slim build that has been described as a 'dancer's body.' Because of this, she looks better suited to be in high school than a Starfleet uniform.
- Spouse: None
- Children: None
- Father: Danner "Dan" Mannin
- Mother: Sachiko (Nakamura) Mannin
- Siblings: None
Chloe's mother was a native of Hokkaido while her father was a Starfleet security officer from Denmark. Her mother died less than a week after her birth from internal bleeding that had been overlooked after an otherwise textbook birth.
After her father retired from Starfleet when she was six, they moved to Tønder, Denmark, and she grew up largely under the care of her paternal grandmother.
Personality and Mannerisms
- Personality Chloe is shy and reserved. She doesn't smile a lot and is a little jumpy. She has very few friends, not being trusting enough to let many people into her world.
- Mental Problems, Complexes and Phobias
- Chloe has been diagnosed with anxiety disorders. She is afraid of many things, though she is able to mostly cope with the fears on a day to day basis.
- She also has been diagnosed with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. Things in her areas, especially her quarters have to be just so. If they are not, she is compelled to make them that way. She has gotten better about this, being able to put it out of her mind so long as she can't actually *see* the mess. She also has certain ways of doing things and, sometimes to her detriment, is unable to be flexible about them.
- Chloe may have an undiagnosed case of Dissociative Personality Disorder. This has manifested in an assault on an engineering crewman and in an act of vandalism in a fellow officer's quarters, as well as suspected involvement in a violent incident on Bilire IV. She does not consciously remember any of these incidents.
- Quarters Chloe's quarters are very organized and spotless. She is a very ordered woman, owing largely to her OCD. She has installed traditional tatami mats in her living area, complete with an area for guests to remove their footwear.
- Favorite Room Holodeck: The holodeck is a place of refuge for Chloe. She largely uses it, not for fantasy as some do, but for time alone to meditate, mentally recharging from the strain of interacting with people around her on a day to day basis.
- Favorite Foods Being cosmopolitan in her tastes, she really doesn't have a favorite food. She prefers vegetables to meats generally, though occasionally will indulge in the latter. Her Danish upbringing, in terms of food, was very much meat and potatoes, so they are a sort of comfort food to her. At the Academy, she began to explore her mother's culture as well and enjoys well-made sushi. She is not a drinker, preferring green tea.
Hobbies and Pastimes
- Meditation: She uses Qi Gong meditation extensively to manage her anxiety disorder. By controlling the energy flow in herself, she is able to control her emotions to an extent. While this doesn't always work for her, she has gotten good enough to make her workdays manageable under normal circumstances.
- Dance: Chloe moved meditation into motion by beginning dance lessons when she was a pre-teen. Ballet was her favorite and, though she does not actively perform anymore, some of it is visible to the trained eye in the way she holds herself and moves.
- Oriental Martial Arts: These are an extension and combination of her meditative and dance training. While she is far from an expert at unarmed combat, she excels in the use of bladed weapons. In fact, she has progressed to the point that moving through sword forms is meditative for her.
- Nemitor Atimen: She was intrigued by the engineer's personality and they dated briefly after he caused her to slice herself open with a sword on the holodeck. He made a horrible attempt to cook BBQ on plasma conduits that thoroughly amused her, but she has not kept in touch since his transfer to USS Drake.
- Danny Wilde: Wilde has always been a little suspicious of her, perhaps sensing some of her latent violent tendencies. He makes her more nervous than most other people and therefore she avoids him whenever she can.
- Brayden Jorey: She and Jorey are friends. She has let him in probably more than anyone else she has come across in her Starfleet career, though there are things to which he still is not privy.
- 236707.24: Born at Starfleet Outpost at Wakkanai, Japan.
- 236707.29: Mother passes away due to undiagnosed complications of childbirth.
- 237404.12: Moves with father to Denmark after he retires from Starfleet.
- 238508.20: Entered Starfleet Academy on a mixed Security/Psychology track.
- 238905.15: Graduated from Academy in upper third of graduating class.
- 238907.18: Entered final training at Starbase 118.
- 238907.22: Passed Cadet Training, commissioned as Starfleet Ensign.
- 238907.23: Posted to USS Tiger-A as a Security Officer.
- 238909.29: Promoted to Lieutenant, Junior Grade.
- 239002.06: Promoted to Full Lieutenant.
- 239105.26: Posted to USS Victory as Strategic Operations Officer and promoted to Lieutenant Commander.
|NPC Listing · USS Victory Crew Manifest · Crew History