|Birthplace||Vulcana Regar, Vulcan|
Ensign Elonat served as a Science Officer at Denali Station.
|Height: 1.78 m (5'10")
Weight: 77 kg (170 lb)
Build - Growing up on a planet with stronger gravity than what their species has evolved in impacted Elonat's body composition. Though gravity and physical therapies prevented any major health concerns, they are abnormally broad for a Worene. Elonat has an athletic build. The distribution of muscle resembles that of gymnasts or swimmers, suggesting they are more agile than they are strong. Any muscle definition is mostly hidden by their dark fur.
Style - Elonat generally dislikes clothing; The feeling of fur trapped under fabric is uncomfortable to them. Where personal preferences are taken into account, they choose to wear as little as possible in the loosest cuts available. They also make use of several grooming tools to flatten and position their fur underneath their clothing. Like most Worene, they find footwear uncomfortable but have specialized boots for when they are on duty.
- Uniform - All of Elonat’s uniforms are specially tailored to accommodate their tail. Being in the Science Department, more often than not, wearing lab-appropriate attire outweighs comfort. They commonly wear the standard top and trousers combination. On days they are relatively confident that their duties would permit it, they will wear a skant.
- Off-Duty - Elonat owns only robes, dresses, and skirts for personal wear. Their wardrobe is small and mostly consists of Vulcan robes of varying cuts and formalities. They do own a traditional Worene skirt and loincloth, with the latter being seldom worn in the company of acquaintances and friends; They have come to learn that little clothing tends to make many federation species uncomfortable. A friend had gifted them a Terran-style dress which they wear for “fun” occasions.
Chanueh - Elonat's Mother Elonat respects and loves her greatly, but feels distant from her. Between Chanueh's demanding career, she wasn't around as often as Elonat would have liked. Some parts of their relationship are strained due to Chanueh's mother and extended family not approving of her current life path. They do not consider her cubs true Worene as they were not raised in Ser'vimm. Yivar - Elonat's Father Elonat's relationship with their father is very strong, as he was more available and quite doting. His fussing sometimes becomes overbearing. However, Elonat doesn't have the heart to try and stop him. He taught Elonat traditional rug weaving and a few other Worene arts, which remains a sentimental way for the two to connect.
- Their family's surname is not phonetically able to be spelled or pronounced in Standard. Both formally go by their first names exclusively.
Selok Taxnhass - Elonat's Brother Both think the other was stuck growing up in their shadow; With Elonat being more academically gifted and Selok more socially apt. Though Elonat followed their brother's social currents in their earliest years, once they began developing their own interests, their social circles overlapped less and less. The two siblings have always had a strong connection and overall have a healthy relationship. Selok likes to convince Elonat to roughhouse, as it's a friendly social behavior amongst friends and family of similar ages. Both he and his wife live on Vulcan, where he works as an accountant for the Worene cultural center in Vulcana Regar.
- Commanding Officer
- Fleet Captain Oddas Aria - Though Elonat still fears that they were either unimpressive or rudely informal during their first encounter with her, her actions (at least) do not confirm them. After a passionate vid-call with a childhood friend, Elonat was reminded that Captain Oddas is Doctor Oddas, a keystone member of the team developing the Warp XV engine.
- Executive Officer & Direct Superior
- Lieutenant Commander Tomas Falt - Elonat thinks Falt is both friendly and capable. After learning more about his career history, they hope to serve Denali just as well. They look forward to their continued service under his direction and hopes his future replacement as Chief Science Officer isn't much different.
- Lieutenant Neshala - After being able to speak with her more, Elonat appreciates that she is just as companionable as she is a diligent officer.
- Lieutenant Commander Dekas - Elonat is very surprised to be serving at the same station as the Commander. Dekas played the role of First Officer during Elonat's final exam at the end of their Cadet Cruise.
- Ensign Alan Letts - Another new officer at Denali Station. Elonat is thankful they became quick friends. He's much more extroverted than them, which is something they appreciate but seems to be a double-edged sword.
- Lieutenant JG Alex Forsyth - Elonat is working with her on a security project to construct torpedo storage. They hope Letts doesn't irritate her too much. Given how little they know of Forsyth, they find her recent promotion admirable and impressive.
- LieutenantKettick - Elonat is working with him on a security project to construct torpedo storage. They want to ask about his opinions on Denali as another uncommon, non-primate individual.
- Lieutenant Commander John Kendrick - Elonat was working with others under his supervision to construct torpedo storage. Given they've only encountered him in meeting settings thus far, they appreciate his leadership abilities and willingness to collaborate with other officers.
Elonat was born and raised in Vulcana Regar. They, along with their brother Selok, came to know their culture primarily through the small Worene diaspora in the city. Though both attended international schools for primary education, Elonat transferred to a Vulcan education institution. With their cubhood surrounded by a multitude of other species and cultures, they have a diverse knowledge of social customs and fundamentals of language. However, the acquisition of such knowledge has made them seem "less Worene" by peers who hail from the species' native system, Ser’vimm.
Their interest in Starfleet was spurred on a few years before they embarked on a substitute coming-of-age journey in the Vulcan wilderness. As Elonat was always excited by the Sciences, over-hearing stories shared between officers grew their simple awareness of the organization to a desire to join. The Worene lacked confidence to travel off-world after completing their primary education. In preparation for the potential distance from family and friends, they took on an internship in Shi'Kahr. Once they felt they had enough practice being independent, Elonat enrolled in a preparatory program for Starfleet's entrance exam. They successfully completed the program and passed their exam; Their stint at the Academy starting in 2395.
Elonat performed decently in the Academy and graduated after completing their undergraduate programming in the Sciences. They specialized in Ecology and Evolution. Their first and current assignment is serving as a Science Officer at Denali Station.
|Elonat’s parents, Chanueh and Yivar, are both Worene in their late sixties. Chanueh, an experienced bioengineer and doctor, and Yivar, a cordial artisan, met during Chanueh’s post-doctorate schooling on Frescon. She accepted Yivar’s courting quickly, as he had charmed her greatly. Later in Chanueh’s career, she and some of her colleagues began focusing on treatments and cures for mental health conditions that still plagued older Worene. This resulted in them settling in Vulcana Regar; Hoping to work with Vulcan doctors and mind healers on potential treatments.
The two had lived on Vulcan for eleven years prior to having their first and only litter; Which consisted of two cubs that they named Elonat and Selok. Despite residing in one of the more diverse cities on Vulcan, both Chanueh and Yivar chose to give them Vulcan names. They hoped that in doing so would help the two fit in more easily amongst their peers. However, both cubs were unofficially given a Standard-friendly, Worene last name should they desire to use it.
In the years following their birth, Elonat was described as an unnervingly quiet and tranquil cub. Selok often led his more shy sibling around during play and fiercely defended them when he deemed it necessary. Elonat fussed little and was often more than happy to spend time with their father learning about his and his wife’s trades.
Elonat’s family lived within a small neighborhood within Vulcana Regar where (the few) Worene congregated. The community was very tight-knit, as a lack of near extended family left many feeling lonely. Cubs within the neighborhood often referred to each other as the Worene equivalent of “cousins” and referred to the adults with family-related titles as well. Thanks to the closeness of the community there, Elonat was still able to learn a great deal about their culture.
Both Selok and Elonat attended pre- and early-education international schools within the city. There they met many other species and were exposed to a swath of different cultures. Still quiet and timid, Elonat was slow to make friends. The few they did become close to were equally excited about science lessons. With a favorite subject identified, Yivar did his best to nourish his cub’s interest. Selok, in what would be considered classic Worene fashion, seemed to mostly enjoy something when he could rough-house or play.
Mid- to Late Cubhood
- View Full Starfleet Academy Transcripts
- 2362 - Chanueh and her mate, Yivar, move to the planet Vulcan as part of the ongoing effort to find treatments for mental health conditions common among older Worene.
- 237303.25 - Elonat and their littermate, Selok, are born in the city of Vulcana Regar.
- 238407.01 - Chanueh and Yivar nervously support Elonat’s application, and eventual transfer, to a Vulcan educational facility. The adjustment is difficult thanks to pedagogical and cultural differences, but Elonat adapts with their family and community’s encouragement.
- 238903.27 - A few days after their 15th birthday, Elonat observes Starfleet personnel working within Vulcana Regar. Their interest in the organization is piqued after overhearing an anecdotal conversation regaling interesting discoveries and research.
- 239107.15 - 239107.20 - Elonat embarks on a supplementary coming-of-age journey in the Vulcan wilderness.
- 239401.10 - Elonat completes the available programming for their primary education. Lacking the confidence to venture off-world, they choose to pursue further education in Shi’Kahr.
- 239405.14 - While interning in Shi’Kahr, Elonat submits an application to a Starfleet Academy Preparatory Program.
- 239407.20 - Elonat takes the Starfleet Entrance exam.
- 239412.10 - Elonat is accepted into the Academy to begin their program in ‘95.
- 2395 - After tearful goodbyes, Elonat departs for Earth.
- 2399 - Elonat completes their undergraduate education; They major in Science, specializing in Ecology and Evolution.
- 2400 - Elonat completes their cadet cruise and final examinations. They graduate from Starfleet Academy at the age of 27 and begin their assignment as a Science Officer at Denali Station.
Awards & Service Ribbons
|Awards and Service Ribbons|
Annihilation Approaches - Ensign Elonat arrives at Denali Station in the midst of an attack that made use of a radioactive asteroid for a weapon. They report to Fleet Captain Oddas Aria and are put to work preparing radiation containment and decontamination plans.
- Rough Start - Good News and Bad News - Radiation Callibration Collaberation - One step forward, two steps back.
Denali Station Crew Manifest
|NPC Listing · Denali Station Crew Manifest · Crew History