|Starbase 118 Ops|
Bastil Govin is currently assigned as an Engineering Officer aboard Starbase 118.
- Full Name: Bastil Goven
- Race: Kerelian
- Gender: Male
- Telepathic status: T0/E2
- Height: 6'0"
- Weight: 150lbs
- Hair Color: Dark blonde
- Length of Hair: Kept short and neat
- Eye Color: Pale blue
- Skin Tone: Tanned
- Build: Slender, but well defined
- Carriage: Relaxed, but with good posture necessary for singing.
- Taste in Clothing (when off duty): He tends to prefer clothing that is relaxed and allow him to work without feeling restricted.
- Voice: Lyric Tenor, although due to the specifics of Kerelian biology he has a significantly greater range than a human with a similar voice.
- Tattoos: As with most Kerelian's Bastil has a number of tattoos on his body. Most reference special moments of his life.
- Circling his right and left wrists are the motifs to his paternal and maternal grandmother's birth songs
- The acoustic wave form of the engine of the ship that had taken him to Academy is tattooed on his upper right arm
- An abstract representation of the design schematic of a basic warp core is tattooed on his right upper back.
- The wave form of his mother saying his name is tattooed over his heart
- Various other symbolic tattoos are scattered about his arms legs and chest.
Bastil in generally easy going with others but holds himself to a high standard. He enjoys getting his hands dirty and isn't averse to manual labor when it is called for. He loves machinery, especially when it needs fixing. He has a tendency to become hyper focused on projects he finds interesting.
Bastil was born on a farm on the Western coast of Actya on Kerelia. An only child, he enjoyed the work and time for focus on the daily tasks. He took to maintaining the farms equipment at an early age and his parents nurtured that talent and interest throughout his childhood. He was allowed to develop a fondness for forging to maintain the farms equipment. During a trip to the Afina during a school trip, his desire to be an engineer when he was an adult was cemented, and seeing SF Marines in the city put the idea of joining Starfleet, to get access to as much machinery as possible, in his head.
He joined Starfleet as soon as he got done with his schooling, entering the academy at the age of 18.
As with most Kerelians, Bastil has a keen ear for music and enjoys singing. He put some effort in training his voice as a child and young adult, but knew it would never be a profession. He looks for opportunities to sing where and when he can, and his exposure to cultures outside of Kerelian has opened up new worlds of music to him. He has a habit of humming when he is working, and in deference to those who find it annoying modulate his pitch above the auditory ranges of those he’s working with. If he is with people who don’t mind the additional entertainment, or if he is alone, he will often sing while he works, a habit he developed on the family farm.
Bastil also enjoys tinkering with various pieces of equipment, trying to improve them in some way. He almost always has various tools on him, even off duty, in case the opportunity to use them comes up.
|NPC Listing · StarBase 118 Ops Crew Manifest · Crew History