Artin Rodran is the current Counselor of Deep Space 10.
- Full Name: Artin Rodran
- Species: El Aurian
- Date of Birth: 1963
- Age: 427
- Place of Birth: El Auria
- Gender: Male
- Height: 6'4"
- Hair Color: Blonde
- Length of Hair: Short
- Eye Colour: Green
- Skin Tone: Fair
- Birthmarks, Scars: Small scar on left forearm, from a boating accident on the Delaware River, Earth.
- Build: Average
- Taste in Clothing:
Personality and Preferences
- Favorite Room:
- Religion/Spiritual Devotion:
- Hobbies and Pastimes: Running, chess, listening to music, reading quiet times for meditation, willing to try new things.
- Ambitions and Goals: To be the best Starfleet Counselor, as well as continue to improve his listening skills and one day obtain his Doctorate in Psychology and Sociology.
- Achievements in Life:
- Disappointments in Life:
- Temperament: Straightforward, yet has a wicked sense of humor. But while on duty, he is all business. He can be quite social and friendly, a great asset in situations requiring diplomacy and tact. Can be a bit too picky about minute details, protocol and paperwork.
- Mental problems (complexes and phobias):
- Physical Limitations: Cannot hold liquor well
- Marital Status:
- Father: Warlan Rodran
- Mother: Disana Rodran
- Siblings: Ronar Rodran, Lene Rodran, and Deni Rodran
Artin Rodran was born 427 years ago, on El Auria, to Warlan and Disana Rodran. Artin had 3 other siblings, Ronar, Lene, and Deni, each approximately 5-6 years apart, with Artin being the oldest. The Rodran family was evacuated from El Auria, as the Borg approached later ending up on Earth. They had to move frequently, to avoid probing questions, before settling in a small town, in Delaware called Lewes, when his "age-appropriate" appearance "lined up enough to stop the questions.
For about 18 years, he attended the best schools, then moved to Washington and soon began working for Amtrak, as a conductor.
That day started out normally, with Mr Rodran, now aged 18, beginning his day at the Amtrak's main facility, Union Station, in the heart of Washington, D.C. He was one of the conductors, who regularly worked the Acela Express runs, from Washington, D.C. Everything went smoothly, until years later, when the world was plunged into major turmoil, eventually leading to World War III. Artin was forced to go underground, then to avoid the nuclear holocaust that eventually engulfed the planet.
When news of the end of the war came, Artin and his family emerged and was forced to struggle like so many others, to survive, until the planet was slowly restored. Once Artin was able to regain some manner of a livelihood, he began to rebuild his life, as did his family. Artin watched as First Contact was made with the Vulcans, followed by the creation of the United Federation of Planets and ultimately, Starfleet. He still had not joined yet, despite still being eligible, do to his being relatively young.
In the late 24th Century, Mr. Rodran eventually joined Starfleet and majored in Psychology and minored in Social Work. He wanted to be a Counselor and enjoyed helping people overcome their difficulties and true to his species, he was a good listener. Artin had some difficulties with the Academy courses, but eventually graduated with his degree in Psychology and then went on to get his Masters in Social Work (MSW).
After graduating Starfleet Academy, Mr Rodran was assigned to a Nova class ship, the USS Zephyr for 2 years, as a counselor, then Starbase 38 for another year, also serving as one of its counselors.
- Date Graduated from Academy:
- Current Rank: Lieutenant JG
- Current Assignment: Counselor
- Duty Post: Deep Space 10
- Above-average diplomatic skills well-honed problem solving skills
- Strong compassion and a great listener, per his species.
|Professional History: Timeline of Active Duty