USS Magnus Hirschfield
|Non-Starfleet NPC Vessels
SS Andraste · Astrolabe · Eagle's Eyrie · SS Evangeline · FTS: ( Asterospolis · K'roc · K'tarn · Marauder · P'Kothla · Serapis · Treasure Sprite ) · Furies Furnace Base · Hawkeye · SS Idril Mar · Labyrinth's Scream · SS Lady Adventure · Midway Station · Rihac Gorshun · SS Shining Star · Skiptrace · Southern Cross · SS Tanandra · Te'Lir
|StarBase 118 Fleet||Active Vessels||Inactive Vessels||Lost or Decommissioned Vessels|
- Type: Runabout
- Production Base: ASDB Integration Facility, Utopia Planitia Fleet Yards, Mars
- Accommodation: Crew of 6. Emergency evacuation of 40 passengers
- Length: 23.1 meters
- Beam: 13.7 meters
- Height: 5.4 meters
- Mass: 158.7 metric tons
- Performance: Warp 4
- Armament: Two type-6 phaser emitters; 2 microtorpedo launchers
The Danube class runabout was designed to accomplish four main missions:
- the ability to perform rapid response scientific expedition transportation
- the ability to act as an orbital or landed temporary operations base for science missions
- the ability to transport intact experiment and cargo modules
- the ability to perform tactical missions such as intelligence gathering, covert insertion/extraction of personnel, and disruption of threat activities where feasible
The Danube features a front cabin for the crew of pilot, co-pilot/navigator and two mission specialists. A two person transporter is at the rear of the cabin, with swappable mission modules aft of this. The modular nature of the Danube allows it to be configured for missions such as personnel transport, cargo transport, scientific research, tactical, medical, etc. Above the main spaces is the warp core, which is fed by an antimatter fuel pod at the aft and its matter equivalent at the fore end. The power transfer conduits run down the bulky nacelle roots, which also contain the impulse drive reactors and various other equipment.
The impulse engines comprise two sets of four fusion reactors, plus space-time drive coils and vectored exhaust directors. The system also includes interstellar or atmospheric intake vents and condenser-separators for fuel distillation. Control and fuel feed connections are essentially identical to any comparable impulse system. When maintenance is required, the entire assembly can be removed as a single unit.
The vehicles twin computer core is located under the cockpit sub floor and measures 2.3 x 2.1 x 1.3 meters. It is a standard isolinear unit, with a total of 186 isolinear banks and 53 command pre-processors and data analysis units. Sub nodes distributed throughout the vehicle report to the main computer via a standard ODN system.
History and data on this runabout should go here.
- The Lost Son of Leto (239402-239403)
- Was fitted with the experimental Typhon Shield Device as an experiment to navigate the Typhon Expanse.