|Full Name||Eilothea of Palanon, child of Eresse, grandchild of Iana III|
|Position||Engineer (Damage Control)|
|Birthplace||Yarista, Palanon, Tyrellian System|
Thea Kairis is a Tyrellian engineer currently serving aboard the USS Gorkon as a Damage Control Specialist. At home, she is known as Eilothea of Palanon, child of Eresse, grandchild of Iana III, and a member of the Tyrellian royal family.
- Height: 1.64m (5'4")
- Build: Slim
- Hair: Black, curly
- Eyes: Violet
Thea is a true free spirit; warm, enthusiastic, outgoing, and open in heart and mind. She's sociable and easygoing, with a lively and upbeat approach to life, but cares about much more than having a good time. Imaginative, independent, creative and curious, her enthusiasm can be infectious, and she radiates a positive energy that often draws others in. Living an authentic life is important to her, and she has a deep-seated fear of losing touch with her true self. This can make her rebellious and obstinate, defying traditions and rules she fails to see the purpose of, and resisting attempts to mould or intervene in her life (even when they might be helpful).
Always on the lookout for magic and meaning in the everyday, Thea seeks out joy and pleasure without being shallow. A woman of intense thought and feeling, she can be introspective and easily lose herself in the deeper meaning and significance of things. Unfortunately, sometimes she does this when her attention should be elsewhere. All of this means she can quickly and easily transform from an impassioned, duty-bound idealist, to a party girl ready to lose herself in a fun night out, to an intense, brooding loner—and then all the way back again.
Bright and full of potential, she lives in a world of possibilities. Once hooked by a new idea or project, Thea can become very passionate and excited, naturally inspiring others with her enthusiasm. She often loses focus or procrastinates over the more mundane aspects of life—PADDwork, maintenance, chores, and the like—and can be disorganised if she doesn’t put significant effort into this area.
However, she can lose steam in a project when she mentally switches gears, finding it difficult to pick back up where she left off. To onlookers, she can seem directionless, with her interests and pursuits regularly shifting, though this has armed her with a broad set of skills and talents. Her consistency lies instead in a strong set of values she lives by; everything she does aligns with those principles.
Thea is genuinely warm and interested in people, her friendships a high priority, and she enjoys creating connections with others. Few things make her happier than a meaningful and heartfelt conversation with someone she cares for. This, and her genuine desire that they express themselves, tends to create a welcoming space for everyone. However, she can read too much into other people's words and actions, and can fall into the trap of over analysing their motivations or intentions instead of simply asking.
- Music: Thea has a passion for music of all kinds; modern, classical, Tyrellian and alien, and is the patron of several orchestras and smaller music groups on Palanon. She was instructed in the artia (a Tyrellian keyboard instrument similar to a harpsichord) from a young age, and continues to play to this day.
- Dance: Likewise, Thea’s early years education instilled a love of dance. She is adept in several Tyrellian ballroom styles, and a patron of a small number of dance companies.
- Hiking and Camping: Thea enjoys forest trails and hillwalking in particular, especially with the company of a few friends.
Thea is the youngest of three children, and the granddaughter of the current Tyrellian sovereign. She is currently fourth in the line of succession, though as an heir presumptive, the children of her elder siblings will supersede that position.
- Mother: Eresse, child of Iana III
- Father: Auron, child of Tirial
- Sister (Eldest): Amarais, child of Eresse (25 years senior, married)
- Brother (Elder): Naethe, child of Eresse (20 years senior, engaged)
- Grandmother: Iana III
- Grandfather: Yovan
- Cho Kyung-Sam: A human man, majoring in science.
- Aleena: A Kriosian woman, majoring in helm and navigation.
- 2368 (Age 0): Born,
- 2389 (Age 21): Completes compulsory education and defers university for volunteering and travel opportunities. Among other pursuits, she volunteers with the Bajoran and Romulan diasporas on Palanon, visits the Klingon Empire, and spends time working in the biological preserves on Ereina.
- 2391 (Age 23): Enrols at the prestigious University of Valira, studying Tyrellian Literature and Art History.
- 2395 (Age 27): During her final year, she secretly applies and is accepted to Starfleet Academy. She opts to go by the name of Thea Kairis, shortening her forename and using her grandmother’s birth name as a surname.
The USS Gorkon
- 2399 (Age 31): Graduates from Starfleet Academy and enters the fleet as an ensign, the first member of the royal family to be a serving Starfleet officer. She receives her first posting: the Sovereign-class USS Gorkon. Stationed in the Tyrellian Sector, Thea suspects political interference to have her posted near home.
|Starfleet Service Record
Commendations and Decorations
|Awards and Service Ribbons|
|NPC Listing · USS Gorkon Crew Manifest · Crew History