|USS Orb of Prophecy & Change|
|Birthplace||Pike City, Cestus III|
Madeline Whittaker is a Terran Starfleet officer, currently serving as the Commanding Officer of the U.S.S. Orb of Prophecy & Change. She is the mother of Lieutenant Commander Theo Whittaker, the First Officer of Starbase 118 Ops, who also plays her.
- Full Name: Madeline Christina Whittaker
- Race: Terran
- Date Of Birth: 233901.26
- Age: 54
- Place Of Birth: Pike City, Cestus III
- Current Residence: ‘’U.S.S. Orb of Prophecy & Change’’
- Gender: Female
- Relationship Status: Widowed
- Height: 5ft 5in
- Hair: Black/Greying
- Length Of Hair: Long
- Eye Colour: Brown
- Skin Tone: Caucasian
- Birthmarks, Scars: None
- Build: Slim.
- Face: Soft, kindly.
- Eyes: Alert, known for her withering glances.
- Mouth: Plump, but not overly so.
- Carriage: Walk with a sense of purpose.
- Poses: Fond of placing her hands on her hips, especially when dressing down somebody.
- Taste In Clothing (when off duty): A fan of Bajoran robes made by fashion design Kol Naprem.
- Shoes: Flats. Always flats. Finds it impossible to walk in heels.
- Voice: Well spoken, but not aristocratic like her son.
- Handed: Right.
Quarters: Decorated with antiques and artefacts from every planet she has visited on in the course of her career.
- Habits: Usually dreses somebody down with her hands on her hips. A lifelong practioner of yoga, she practises for an hour every day and does not like to be disturbed.
- Religion/Spiritual Devotion: None
- Hobbies and Pastimes: Yoga
- Likes: Food and drinks, music and Bajoran art.
- Dislikes: Carrots, 20th century music.
- Ambitions and Goals: Wants to live long enough to see her son become Captain.
- Acheivements In Life: Theo.
- Disappointments In Life: Not being able to heal the rift between her late husband and Theo.
- Temperment: Calm, quiet, collected.
- Mental problems (complexes and phobias): None.
- Marital Status: Widowed.
- Children: Theo Whittaker
- Father: Adrian John Lawson (civilian shuttle pilot, deceased)
- Mother: Rayne Lianna Lawson (Starfleet xenobiologist, retired)
- Older Brother: Edwin Adrian Lawson (homemaker, New Tokyo, Cor Caroli VII)
- Sister-In-Law: Taran (Vulcan, civilian counsellor, New Tokyo, Cor Caroli VII)
- Niece: T’Ven (Vulcan/Human hybrid, Mount Seleya Preistress)
Born on January 21st 2339, Madeline was the youngest child of Adrian and Rayne Lawson, a civilian pilot and Starfleet scientist. When Madeline was 3, her mother retired from Starfleet following an accident aboard the U.S.S. Enterprise-C where she was serving as the ship’s xenobiologst (just over two years later, the vessel would be destroyed at Narenda III). As a child, Madeline was somewhat rebellious- playing pranks on her elder brother and defying the wishes her parents (a trait that she later passed on to her son).
At the age of 25, Madeline- by now a Starfleet officer- was assigned to Archer IV’s Starbase 6 facility where she met Josiah Whittaker, an academic descended from British aristocracy. At first she found the man incredibly irritating but in time came to develop feelings for him. They married three years later and at the age of 30, Madeline gave birth to her only child- Theo Whittaker. She and Josiah clashed over Theo’s future, with Josiah intent on making Theo follow him into the world of academia, while Madeline wanted to give Theo the chance the choose his own future. Also putting a strain on their marriage was Madeline’s refusal to give up her Starfleet career, which Josiah had never completely been comfortable with. When Theo was sixteen, he was disowned by his father for choosing to enter Starfleet and when Josiah discovered that Madeline had been the one to sponsor his application- he began proceedings to end the marriage. For two years, Theo lived with Madeline aboard the U.S.S. Sparrow where she was serving as First Officer. However, when he fell ill with Meenok’s Disease- Madeline took a leave of absence to care for her ailing husband and the plans for divorce were halted. Although she repeatedly attempted to heal the rift between father and son she was unsuccessful and Josiah died, still estranged from Theo.
By 2392, Madeline had been promoted to Captain and assigned to the U.S.S. Orb of Prophecy & Change and was assigned to patrol the Federation-Cardassian Border. In early 2393, the Orb of Prophecy & Change had been reassigned to the Federation-Klingon border in the wake of the Klingon Empire’s annexation of Tilanna V.
Captain Madeline Whittaker appears in the following Starbase 118 Ops missions:
- Once More, With Feeling: Madeline arrives at the station unannounced and seeks out Theo and walks in on a tender between him and his partner, Lieutenant Commander Baylen Anders. She is shocked to learn that she now has an adoptive grandson- Mason Parker- who Theo and Baylen have decided to adopt following their mission to Tilanna V. Several days later, she babysits Mason while Theo and Baylen take some time out with the rest of the senior staff on the holodeck. She confides in Counsellor Zinna that because of her career in Starfleet, she does not feel like she knows her son as well as she would like. When Theo does not return from the holodeck on time, she becomes concerned and goes to The Hub where she takes charge of attempts to contact with the crew trapped in the holodeck, although she later defers to Major Ishreth Dal, the second-in-command of the station’s Marine detachment.
|NPC Listing · StarBase 118 Ops Crew Manifest · Crew History