Ensign Set'al is currently serving as Engineer on board USS Aurora.
|Jaidin Set'al – Engineering Officer|
- Height: 6'1
- Weight: 190
- Hair Color: Dark brown
- Length of Hair: Medium and Messy
- Eye Color: Dark green
- Skin Tone: light
- Birthmarks, Scars:
- Build: Medium
- Face: young
- Eyes: Piercing
- Ears: Slightly poiting
- Horoscope: Gemeni
- Poses (Hands/Gestures, Feet/Legs, Torso/Head): Often raises eyebrow in typical vulcan fashion
- Taste in Clothing (when off duty): Relaxed, Sweat pants, Hooded sweater, Running shoes
- Handedness: Right
- Quarters: Depends on mood. Messy when busy, Clean when relaxed.
- Favorite Room: Engineering
- Habits: Usually seems like a disorganized person. But lives in a sort of organized chaos. It may look like everythings out of place but Jaidin knows exactly where what he needs is.
- Religion/Spiritual Devotion: Confused is the best way to put it. While he didn't finish purging emotion he did learn alot about keeping his emotions in check. Finds meditation relaxing and well needed.
- Hobbies and Pastimes: Loves the old earth sport of Ice hockey. Has large collection of drawings, sketches, and padds he uses for his different ideas or inventions. Also keeps a journal.
- Likes: Sports, books, holodecks, meditation
- Dislikes: Stupid questions, klingon operas, Sand
- Ambitions and Goals: Jaidin has big dreams in relation to starfleet. He want's to eventually become a chief engineer. He want's nothing more then to have his name on the plaque of a ship under "designer". He basically lives his life to prove his father wrong. There relationship isn't a typical father son relationship they do keep contact. But conversations usually end in what his father calls "Abrupt emotional outbursts a trained vulcan wouldn't succumb to"
- Achievements in Life: Finishing academy training, Proving his father wrong, A design he submitted to utopia planitia that was accepted fr a new segmentation design for separating the computer core from possible virus'
- Disappointments in Life: Almost no relationship with his mother. His choice to live with his father strained there relationship to the point of no contact in 6 years. Leaving his training for purging emotion. He doesn't like leaving things unfinished or giving his father the right to say "I told you so" and yes vulcans do gloat.
- Temperment: Pretty laid back and relaxed, though he is prone to severe emotional mood swings, for the most part his medetation keeps him focused and relaxed. Tends to lean more to his Betazoid fun loving relaxed side.
- Mental problems (complexes and phobias): Jaidin has a bit of a stubborn issue. He focuses to much on proving his father wrong.
- Physical Limitations: Being part vulcan does help him have extreme tolerances to most things although not fully trained like most vulcans he does have a higher pain threshold.
Introductory information about personality. This section should be the "writer's" assesment of the character's personality. There is also a section for StarFleet Personality Profile below.
Hobbies and Pastimes
Jaidin spends a lot of his extra time reading on various things from history books to poetry. He has several hockey holo programs and enjoys time just sitting at a desk and playing around with his ship and system designs.
- Marital Status: Single and sexually confused.
- Father: Tal Set'al
- Mother: Lenora Mayol
- Siblings: None
- Full Article: Jaidin Set'al Personal History
Jaidin grew up several places. Spending time on several starfleet ships, the Betazoid home world and Vulcan. His father was a engineering liaison for the vulcan government with the federation. At the age of 8 Jaidins' mother left to return to betazoid. The writing had been on the wall for several years. A logical vulcan with no emotion and a hyper emotional Betazoid can only last so long. Jaidin chose to stay with his father. Planitia Jaidin was sent to purge all emotion begining at the age of 10. It was a highly unsuccessful adventure. After less then a year Jaidin was using both his vulcan and betazoid emotions he had decided to play more games and try and sense out the little emotion his instructors had and play it against them. He seemed to have an unusual calm and decided to go back to his father without completing his training. His father was very upset but accepted him back none the less.
Jaidin didn't have a lot of time for standard learning so he studied with his father learning several languages and other cultures. He inherited his fathers love of engineering spending several hours arguing logic and design ideas or inventions he may have come up with.
He passed the entrance exam and completed his time at starfleet he greatly enjoyed his time there working very hard and submerging himself in anything to do with engineering but also taking a huge interest in diplomacy.
- Full Article: Jaidin Set'al StarFleet Records
Completed cadet cruise aboard a defiant class ship. Then moved on to the USS Catalyst an Akira class vessel where he honed his on hand experience. Being on such a smaller vessel allowed him to shine and make several important relationships. His Chief engineer recommended a transfer to Utopia Planitia where he could specialize more in system design. Upon his transfer he fit in very well and learned quickly but the lack of excitement started to wear and he requested a transfer back to a more active duty.
- USS Hiroshima (Cadet Cruise) Engineering officer-1 year
- USS Catalyst Engineering officer -2 years
- Utopia-System design engineer-up to present.
- Date Graduated from Academy: 238805.21
- Current Rank: Ensign
- Current Assignment: USS Aurora
- Duty Post: Engineering Officer
Awards & Commendations
|CO: Della Vetri||HCO: Position Available||CEO: Elya Tali||CST: Hugh Barnes||CMO: Jen Malcolm||CSO: T'Lea||Mar: Kagran|
|FO: Marcus Dickens||Helm: Position Available||Eng: Lucien Landau||Sec: Rebecca Gilaars||Med: Sariel Locke||Sci: Evanna Blackwood|
|Eng: Benjamin Okera||Tac: Eerie||Med: Chris O'Hanlon|
|Sec: Alexander Matthews||Cou: Arielle Teagan|