Ensign Benjamin Okera, a Terran, is currently an engineering officer aboard the USS Aurora.
- Full Name: Benjamin Martens Okera
- Race: Terran
- Date of Birth: 234208.23
- Place of Birth: America
- Age: 24
- Gender: Male
- Telepathic status: 0 Telepathic/Empathic Scale
- General Overview
Benjamin is a loyal, hard working, man. He enjoys his time “off” helping other crew members. He seems like any other man at first, but when a person gets to know him, they may be a little surprised at his oddities and abilities aboard a starship or base.
- Height: 6'4"
- Weight: 171 lbs.
- Hair Color: Dark Brown
- Length of Hair: short
- Eye Color: Hazel
- Skin Tone: medium
- Birthmarks, Scars: none
- Build: Athletic
- Eye Color: Hazel
- Taste in Clothing (when off duty): Almost always wears his uniform. Or pajamas. :)
- Handedness: Right Handed
- General Description:
Ben has an average runner’s build, a bit on the tall side.. You will find him wearing his uniform even on a leave of absence, for he is very strict about modesty. He is Caucasian with mid-tone skin. He has somewhat distinguished facial features, a thin moustache and beard, wide set eyes, a smaller-than-average nose, and so on. Otherwise, he's basically your average man (in terms of appearance).
- Quarters: Neat and tidy. Pictures of his parents, grandparents. Modest decorations
- Favorite Room: Science Lab 1. He will use any excuse he can to visit the lab.
- Habits: nervous - tapping of fingers, pacing
- Religion/Spiritual Devotion: He studies Bajorin and Klingon heritage, out of curiosity.
- Hobbies and Pastimes: Likes to "relax" with his crewmates once in a while.
- Likes: Science, Engineering (in that order)
- Dislikes: faulty computers :D
- Ambitions and Goals: learning patience and to be delicate in stressful situations
- Achievements in Life: joining Starfleet, becoming Chief Science Officer aboard a starbase.
- Disappointments in Life: Being on a ship rather than a starbase. But you take what you can get.
- Temperment: Mild
- Physical Limitations: None
Ben can be quite jovial at times when everything is running smoothly. This can help keep the crew's spirits up. But, if a problem arises, Ben will instantly be on it.
- Strengths & Weaknesses:
Ben is reliable, fully versed in science, and almost always alert. He also helps officers in other positions too, such as engineering, ops, and security. *this was for the original application, saying that I could write for any post but I wanted Science.*. However, he still has weaknesses. He isn't as patient as perhaps he should be, nor is he delicate in some circumstances. However, one of the main reasons he entered starfleet with was so that he, through training, could overcome his problems. Ben likes to relax once in a while and get to know his crewmates. But usually, he will be found helping another crew member on his off-duty time. Whether it's assisting a engineer realign the EPS conduit, or helping the doctor create a vaccine for an infection, Ben is on it…With some directions, that is.
- Marital Status: Single
- Children: None
- Father: Leighton Okera
- Mother: Judi Latour
- Siblings: Johnathon and Robert Okera
Ben was born on Earth on stardate 236408.23. He grew up in a solid and loving home on Earth. He became attracted to starfleet at the age of 9 and studied science until his mother was killed on stardate 237502.14. She was assigned to Deep Space 5 when he was 7, and was killed in an “accident” by the Cardassians that no one could forget. His mother’s last words to him were over subspace, a month before the accident, “Watch out for the Cardassians.”
9 years later, Ben entered the Academy. He studied well, and was the top of his class, for a while. Then he became distracted with “those Cardassians.” His grades began to drop. He got in a good fight or two during that time, but never ended up hurting anyone but himself. He always found a "diplomatic" way to get around fights. That is, until the one fight on the Academy training vessel, the USS Centris. Why a Cardassian tailor was on board that day, no one knew. But this “tailor” sure knew his way around Federation computers…and the ship. Ben spotted him outside the Weapons room, trying to force his way in. Ben yelled, and the Cardassian came at him. What happened after that, Ben didn’t know. He was knocked unconscious. But, the Cardassian was never seen again.
After graduating the academy, Ben was assigned to the USS Aurora, as an Ensign, in engineering. No, it wasn’t his first choice for a position, but it was his minor. He often assists and chats with the science officers there.
- Date Graduated from Academy: 238809.06
- Current Rank: Ensign
- Current Assignment: USS Aurora
- Duty Post: Engineering
Awards & Commendations
- 236408.23: Ben was born on earth.
- 237311.06: Ben became drawn to Starfleet.
- 237502.14: Ben's mother was killed.
- 238405.14: Ben was accepted into Starfleet.
- 238809.06: Ben graduated from the Academy.
- 238809.08: Ben was assigned to the USS Aurora
|CO: Della Vetri||HCO: Position Available||CEO: Elya Tali||CST: Hugh Barnes||CMO: Jen Malcolm||CSO: T'Lea||Mar: Kagran|
|FO: Marcus Dickens||Helm: Position Available||Eng: Lucien Landau||Sec: Rebecca Gilaars||Med: Sariel Locke||Sci: Evanna Blackwood|
|Eng: Benjamin Okera||Tac: Eerie||Med: Chris O'Hanlon|
|Sec: Alexander Matthews||Cou: Arielle Teagan|