|Starbase 118 Ops|
Ensign Icara Ghell is currently serving as a Security Officer aboard Starbase 118 Ops.
- Full Name: Icara Ghell (pronounced with a hard "g")
- Species: Betazoid
- Gender: Male
- Telepathic Status: T4/E4
- Height: 5'8" / 1.7m
- Weight: 155 lb / 70kg
- Complexion: Pale
- Hair: Light blond
- Eyes: Black
- Build: Lean and muscular, though the latter isn't as apparent due to his slim build
- Notable Marks: None
- Carriage: Has a great deal of control over his body and body language. While poised and graceful in his movements, he does not project much "presence," usually attempting blend into the background. Typically holds himself casually, with a relaxed, non-threatening gaze designed to take in everything happening around him without appearing to do so.
- Voice: Tenor, running high when excited
- Personal styling: Hair is kept relatively short with minimal styling. Favors off-duty clothing in muted colors that is comfortable and suited for activity, but is particular about clean lines and tailoring.
- Handedness: Right, but ambidextrous with weaponry.
- Parents: Mir'ha Ghell (mother), Einri Minn (adoptive father,) & Jehann Garond (biological father)
- Siblings: Aianna, Jezri, & Llyana Ghell (sisters.) Kieren Locke (half-brother)
- Spouse: None
- Children: None
Icara had a largely happy and unremarkable upbringing on Betazed. Falling on the slightly stronger end of the telepathic/empathic spectrum, he was groomed by his family early on for a more cerebral career path, perhaps in psychiatry or diplomacy, but ultimately found his passion lay in martial pursuits. Upon entering adulthood he enlisted with the Peace Keepers, but finding little challenge on the largely-crimefree Betazed he decided after several years to pursue a career with Starfleet, majoring in security with a minor in psychology.
Like most Betazoids, Icara is very open and honest. He is usually comfortable in his own skin and with others, sometimes to a fault, which can on occasionally cause him to come off as blithe, careless, or even shameless. He's aware he can have this effect, but isn't always successful in his efforts to curb it (and can occasionally even take amusement in it.) Genial and generally in good humor, he also has a definite mischievous streak.
While clever enough, Icara never had the disposition for intellectual pursuits, his talents laying primarily in tactics and his physicality. He enjoys three-dimensional chess, as well as all forms of martial arts and many forms of dance (though he's usually reluctant to admit the latter,) something which his Betazoid flexibility leaves him well suited for. He has mastered the Betazoid martial art of Tassa'Akai, and attempts to adapt its telepathic advantages to other martial styles in his free time, though it can be difficult to find a partner to aid in the endeavor (a requirement for adapting the style.) He has a liking for mysteries and puzzles, and a particular penchant for Klingon weaponry- though it is often not weighted for someone of his build.
His slight frame and open demeanor often cause others to overlook him, something which he works to his advantage when necessary. More observant than he usually lets on, he is something of a people-watcher, and greatly enjoys honing his observational skills while on duty.
|Cadet First Class||239703.30||Graduated Starfleet Academy||Security Officer|
|Ensign||239703.30 - Ongoing||Starbase 118 Ops||Security Officer|
Awards & Service Ribbons
|Awards and Service Ribbons|
|NPC Listing · StarBase 118 Ops Crew Manifest · Crew History