Ensign Tesan Aeryn is currently serving as a medical officer aboard the USS Columbia.
- Full name: Tesan Aeryn (formerly Naset Aeryn)
- Date of birth (Age): September 6th (32)
- Species: Kerelian
- Gender: Male
- Height: 5'9" (1m 75cm)
- Hair: Black
- Eyes: Brown
- Notable abilities: Empath rather E2, extraordinary range and clarity of hearing, ability to regenerate organs, large vocal range.
- Handedness: Ambidextrous
- Parents: Tesil Aeryn (female, nurse), Sarog (male, singer), Andzu (male, architect)
- Siblings: Naoris (female, priest of the heart of Kerelia), Uzgol (male, ran away to join the Dindri rather than take the Klata ceremony and choose the path of policing as expected).
- Spouse: Elryss (male)
- Children: None
At the age of 5, Naset Aeryn started school and began to learn the Kerelian martial art Avyan, alongside the rest of her classmates as is traditional. By her 6th birthday she had earned her first promotion in the sport to 8th degree. Since she was now of age to get her first permanent tattoo, the family celebrated her achievement by having a small symbol of the sport tattooed to the left of her belly button.
At 11, she joined the school Geskana team and was made player of the match on two occasions, which led to her next two inkings, both on her wrist – a small chain that went on to gain another link with every major sporting achievement made.
By 13 she had completed all the apprentice degrees of Avyan and began working at artist 1st degree. She was keeping pace with the rest of her peers but did not stand out for any particular reason. That changed the following year when the family’s beloved pet passed away. She got a tattoo on her chest over her heart in tribute to the pet. She started weightlifting and throwing herself more into her sporting endeavours as a way to cope with the grief. Her extra effort paid off and the following year, she was the most valued Geskana player when their team won the regional school tournament. Soon after she joined the local professional team, training and playing for them in the evenings and at weekends.
Coming of Age
When she turned 16, she announced that her name would be changed to Tesan and that she would live henceforth as a man. Attendees at the Klata ceremony were even more surprised when she announced she had chosen to follow the path of healing. Though it pleased Tesil, his father’s felt she wasn’t following her true path. His family asked her to reconsider and offered her the chance do the ceremony over again once she’d had some time to think about it some more. It was a point of tension at various points over the next two years and sport continued to provide an outlet for the young Kerelian’s frustrations. He continued his Avyan training, earning the 5th degree and becoming a trainer of the sport. At this point he quickly took up the more advanced Kerelian martial art of Blabeta that can only be taught to those who had attained the artist 5th degree in Avran.
Tesan was at the point of being ready to re-do his Klata ceremony after being invited to try out for the Kerelian planetary Geskana team. A training injury prevented him from securing a place on the team and put an end to the notion of re-doing the Klata ceremony. It caused another rift in the family, who thought he gave up Geskana to spite them. He continued with his martial arts, but spent the majority of his time training and working as a mental health nurse. When his fathers saw how well he did in this and the joy it brought him, they warmed to the idea, seeing that he had indeed chosen true.
Growing into adulthood
At 21 he began the ritual or Naris, going through the three stages of proposal, betrothal and union with his husband to be and both sets of parents. Once we to Elryss they each had matching tattoos inked at the same spot on their chest. Their honeymoon lasted for a month on Risa.
At 23 he underwent mandatory military training for the Orbital Security Force (OSF), and undertook his first planetary drill at the completion of it. Had this not sparked the inspiration to take things further by joining Starfleet and becoming a doctor, he would have gone on to participate in similar drills every two years. Starfleet offered a much grander promise than the OSF – adventures on exotic worlds, the chance to discover new worlds, new species and new cultures. It offered the chance to do a much greater good than he could by remaining on Kerelia his whole life. The OSF had whet his appetite for adventure and excitement but he wanted more. he immediately put his application in for Starfleet Academy and was accepted to join for the following summer intake. By this point he had attained artist 10th degree in Avran, becoming a master of the sport. His Blabeta had been making steady progress too and he progressed from the apprentice degrees to artist 1st degree
By 2390, he graduated Starfleet Academy with a counseling major at the age of 26. Having done his pre-med work as part of the degree, he went to Starfleet medical where he worked to earn his medical MD over the next 4 years.
|Cadet First Class||239605.26||Graduated Starfleet Academy||Medical Officer|
|Ensign||239605.27 - Present||USS Columbia||Medical Officer|
Awards & Service Ribbons
- For award descriptions, see: Awards and Service Ribbons
- (We've gone ahead and filled in your first service ribbon: the Starfleet Academy Graduate Ribbon. As you complete missions and continue to serve with the fleet, you'll earn additional awards and service ribbons that you can post here, with the date you got them! For full instructions on how to add more awards and service ribbons, check out Template:Ribbons Display.)
|Awards and Service Ribbons|
- Replace the links below with links to your own SIMs that you find memorable or are important to your character - you may want to add more as your time with the fleet goes on! You can find a complete archive of sims here at the SIM Archive.
- Title of First SIM - (Stardate and brief description of what happens)
- Title of Second SIM - (Stardate and brief description of what happens)
|NPC Listing · USS Columbia Crew Manifest · Crew History