|Chief Operations Officer|
- Height: 2.00 m
- Weight: 116 kg
- Hair Color: White
- Length of Hair: Short
- Eye Color: Brown
- Skin Tone: Primarily white, with brown patches over his body.
- Birthmarks, Scars: None
- Tattoos/Body Modifications: None
- Build: While bulky by human standards, Tanjar-Ongra is considered wiry for a Grazerite.
- Carriage: Prone to slouching
- Taste in Clothing (when off duty): Long patterned shirts, horn-cowl
- Voice: Deep
- Handedness: Right
- Quarters: spacious centre, with furniture around the walls. Includes a small herb garden, and a messy den room with desk and tools.
- Favorite Room: His small den, where he can craft miniature carvings and work microscopically on engineering tools and machinery.
- Physical Limitations: Endurance aerobic exercise
- Temperament: Deferent, socially nervous, calm when working
- Mannerisms/Habits: Tends to hunch down when speaking to people, fiddles with objects close to hand when thinking
- Religion/Spiritual Devotion: Atheist
Hobbies and Pastimes
- Holography: creating holograms and programs
- Hydroponics: growing native Grazerite plants
Likes and Dislikes
- Peace & quiet, preferably with a cup of nettle tea
- Finding things to keep busy
- Confrontation & combat
- Marital Status: Single
- Father: Embor-Uma
- Mother: Embor-Shasho
- Twin sister: Tanjar-Amash
Tanjar-Ongra was born into a herd (or upsol) of spice farmers, on Grazer. As is customary, every generation in the upsol is given their timename every 8 Terran years, so every child born in that period shares the same name - Tanjar, chosen by the elders, meaning 'heaven-traveller'. Ongra is his personal name, meaning 'light' or 'bright', on account of his white hair. Both portions together are his name in Federation society at large; calling him 'Ongra' is a privilege only extended to others in his upsol generation.
In the upsol, all adults share in child rearing duties equally in an extended-family structure; especially close in the rural areas of Grazer, which retains a pristeen agricultural ecology and landscape, with few cities. Although he has blood siblings, they are part of his wider network of contemporaries who grew up with him, picking seed pods, age-smoking flower heads and processing grass oils in the long nightless summers of the homeworld.
Tanjar-Ongra had a natural affinity for working with the machinery of the plantation. His aptitude was recognised in school, and he worked to join Starfleet Academy, to see the stars as his elders envisioned.
Due to a coolant explosion during his service, his left forearm was replaced with a biosynethic limb, and lost approximately 4cm from his left horn. Such "battle scars" give him a dangerous, shameful look to most Grazerites, but most other Federation species in the 24th century do not regard them as anything disfiguring.
Tanjar-Ongra is one of the few Grazerites in Starfleet, or that even travels off-world. The instinctual call of the herd of these pacifist, remote people have precluded too many individuals coming forward to participate in galactic events. In that sense, Tanjar-Ongra is not a typical Grazerite - a young man of huge curiosity about the universe and the things that happen in it. As such, he suffers from a Worf-like loneliness during his service, and in alien company tries his best to adapt to his new "herd" of the starship. As such, he is reclusive - not a very Grazerite trait, who are a communal people - in his wish not to offend humanoids who value privacy. Ironically, he is seen as too isolationist at home on Grazer and too communal and frank by most aliens, including humans. This also contributes to his overall tech-nerd feel, busying himself in engineering side-projects, verging on the mad professor at times.
As Grazerites have a mating cycle of approximately 8 earth years, and although parenthood is very important to Grazerite society, Tanjar-Ongra has little interest in women at any given time. He enjoys developing a close friendship with a woman as much as a man, but nothing romantic. This also contributes to his long-standing feelings of being an atypical "bad" Grazerite - his restlessness and lack of willingness to settle down.
The Grazerites are known as a people who love to debate and talk - Tanjar-Ongra rarely uses 1 word where 5 will do. His dialogue contributions will usually be lengthily deliberative, pacifistic and cautionary. He is not immune to an occasional "Eureka!" moment, especially when considering an engineering problem, and is just as likely to run to the bridge in the middle of a sonic shower like Archimedes to tell of his idea.
As such, he is not a typical military type. He is messy in his quarters, chosen for his engineering skills rather than an all-round command knowledge. The latter will hopefully develop with time in the group.
- Date Graduated from Academy: 238708.02
- Current Rank: Lieutenant
- Current Assignment: USS Drake
- Duty Post: Chief Operations Officer
Awards & Commendations
USS Challenger Missions
|NPC Roster · Drake Senior Staff · Crew History|
|CO: William Rogers · XO: David Whale |
COO: Solok · HCO: Kendall Washburn
|IO: Oliver Weston|
|CEO: Pandora · EO: James|
COS: Sakorra Jefferson Reed · SO: Nemitor Atimen
CTO: Sinda Essen · TO: Vacant
|CMO: Dantin-Vex · Coun: Danzia|
ACMO: Vacant · MO: Vacant
SCO: Alexander Richards · SCO: Enabren Rayn
|CIV: Didrik Stennes|