“Wisdom is the right use of knowledge. To know is not to be wise. Many women know a great deal, and are all the greater fools for it. There is no fool so great a fool as a knowing fool. But to know how to use knowledge is to have wisdom.”
- Full Name: Tanin Kelbi
- Race: Cygnian
- Date of Birth: 236105.14
- Place of Birth: Cygnet XIV
- Age: 34
- Gender: Female
- Height: 1.57 meters (5 foot 2 inches)
- Weight: 54 kilograms (119 lbs)
- Hair Color: Violet
- Length of Hair: Collarbone length
- Eye Color: Emerald
- Skin Tone: Light, cool
- Prominent Features: Typical Cygnian tail - long, slender, and nimble - considered "mouse-like" by other species, approximately 1 meter long
- Build: Shorter than typical Cygnian female averages; slight build; long, slender limbs
- Face: Round
- Eyes: Typical Cygnian irises, considered "cat-like" by other species
- Mouth: Expressive
- Arms and Legs: Long and slender
- Poses: An expressive tail that twitches and sways under heavy emotional moods, especially fear or anger
- Taste in Clothing:
- On-Duty: Though Starfleet regulations allow for uniform modifications that accommodate extra appendages from the average humanoid build, Tanin does not expose her tail on duty. She wears duty slacks tailored with extra legroom to keep her tail within her clothing. Any officer who has had their caudal appendage trod upon while sitting at a duty post would empathize.
- Off-Duty: Tanin prefers dresses or skirts when off-duty, to allow for more freedom of expression and comfort with her tail.
- Quarters: Decorations, pictures, etc.
- Favorite Room:
- Physical Limitations:
- Religion/Spiritual Devotion:
After a few generations of glacial societal change, Tanin Kelbi still knew that her gender had given her advantages to excel in her chosen profession that many male Cygnians still didn't receive. Raised in a household with lingering matriarchal tendencies, Tanin had been allowed to foster her innate technical proficiency unimpeded throughout her schooling.
Starfleet had been a slight cultural shock for her, seeing how naturally equality came for all, male or female. Tanin found that her penchant for organization led her into Operations, rather than an Engineering major as she had originally intended. Still, she minored in the latter field and dabbled in tinkering with mechanical and electronic systems to this day.
Tanin remains very close to her mother and sister, though her tempered galactic views often leads her to exasperation with their more traditional Cygnian viewpoints.