|Starfleet Marine Corps|
Full Name: Scott Alexander Shepard
- Grandfather: Major Collin Michael Shepard (K.I.A.)
- Grandmother: Juana Sofia Shepard (Rodriguez)
- Father: Corporal John Rafael Shepard (K.I.A.)
- Mother: Jennifer Alexandra Shepard (Hayes) (Dead, Died in Labor)
- Uncle: Lieutenant Jack Michael Shepard (Shepard, Jack )
- Aunt: Anastasia Shepard (Deceased) Remembering Mrs A. Shepard
- Spouse: None
- Children: None
-Maj.Collin M. Shepard was the model Marine, well on his way to become a General. He was the standard stereotypical Marine. He was an Infantry Commander and was a damn fine one until he was killed. While in an observation craft, it was hit by Dominion forces and Maj.Shepard died in the crash. Maj.Shepard was the best dad he could be. As far as being a grandfather, he tried his best. Being a top Marine Infantry Officer took him away from his family constantly. Maj.Shepard told his sons stories of Heroic Marines and family members who also served in the Corps. He was a loving husband and always treated his wife with respect. When John R. Shepard joined the SFMC, Maj.Shepard was proud, but did not like him going into Special Operations. He was crushed when John came up M.I.A. and tried everything and used up all his connections in the SFMC and Starfleet in order to find John, but it was no use. Scott was the son of his oldest, John. After John's death, Scott was left in the care of him and his wife. Due to his position and the rising threat of the Dominion, Maj. Shepard was not around for most of Scott's childhood. Scott has very few memories of who he was. Maj. Shepard did live long enough to see his youngest and last son join the Marine Corps, but he died before Jack M. Shepard graduated from Basic Training.
-Corporal John R. Shepard was the oldest Shepard boy. He was Jack's big brother and guardian. He was an out going person and every athletic. He listened to his father's stories and especially liked the ones that talked about the Special Ops Marines. John always wanted to be a Spec Ops Marine since the day he learned of their existence. When it came time for him to leave and join the Corps, John got into a huge argument with his father. His father very strongly disliked John's plans about going into Special Operations. Knowing that he could not win, Maj.Shepard gave in and supported John all the way. John became an awesome Marine and obtained the rank of Corporal. Cpl.Shepard went on a few missions and his final one, he went missing. Cpl.Shepard along with two other Marines got separated during a mission and was never found. Before leaving for basic, he married his high school sweetheart Jennifer. Shortly after the marriage Jennifer was pregnant. John was able to see his son Scott born, but sadly Jennifer died in labor. About a year and a half later John disappeared. Scott was left to be cared for by his grandfather, his uncle , and grandmother. After declassification, records posted that Cpl.Shepard was killed by Romulans
-LT Jack M. Shepard was Scott`s uncle. Jack Shepard was the stand in father figure despite his young age. He didn't have much choice in the matter since the responsibility was thrust-ed upon him by the disappearance of his brother John. Jack cared for him and was there through out his early years. At age nine, Jack left Scott in the care of his grandmother as he left for the marines. Jack kept in contact with Scott after his time with Spec Ops was over and crossed over to Starfleet. When Jack decided to leave Starfleet to save his friend, Scott was furious. It took time for him to warm up to his uncle once he re-surfaced. After Jack disappeared on Layte, Scott was more than happy to see that his uncle was alive and well, plus with the new addition of Anastasia. Jack promised he wouldn't go on anymore fool-hardy missions. When news that Anastasia died, he felt sorrow for his uncle and wished that he met her in person. Shortly after LTJG Shepard broke his promise as he accepted a special assignment. Scott was once again furious at the news his uncle gave him. Scott did regret the nature of his last conversation with his uncle. As he later realized that his uncle did just lose his wife and was leaving a crew that he started to see as family.
Scott enjoyed his time on the victory and saw his crew as extended family. He was posted their with his best friend from the academy, a counselor known as T.J. Their antics and Scott's lively attitude made them known through out the ship. They became a sort of trio with the addition of LT Commander Guy Hunt. LT Commander Hunt was the first Victory member he met; he and his CO, Andurs Jaxx, were like mentors to Scott. He also had a good working relationship with his CoS, LT Katy Orman. They where professional but on a friendly basis. He had an attraction to Orman but never attempted any romance. That leads into his dealings with LT Tressa and LT (DR) Meira Raizel. Scott first was heart struck with Tressa. His romance was killed when Tressa and CAPT Andurs Jaxx started a relation ship. When Scott met Dr. Raizel, he was again struck in the head by cupid's arrow. Dr. Raizel was older than Scott, but she didn't look her age. She was his date to the ship-wide ball that took place before the catastrophe of Romulus and Remus. Sadly enough, the romance between Scott and Raizel was short lived. Raizel was growing affection to another crew member, and Scott left to help his Uncle in Operation Blackfoot.
- Much of the details of what happened during Operation Blackfoot are still classified. All seemed to be well with Jack Shepard's Team (Alpha 6)until six months later when communication with "Alpha 6" ceased after the mission began. Scott knew something was wrong since the disappearance of his uncle and made it his goal to find out what was going on. Luck did not prevail in his case and did not get what he wanted until his uncle surfaced. Information would not come until three months later when Jack Shepard physically reported back to SB118 battered and bruised from being in captivity. Jack Shepard was given the rank of LT and in command of three heavy boarding teams and four fighters. This group was a rainbow of Starfleet and Marine personnel, also given the designation "Alpha 6." The team was still out numbered but knew what they had to do. Sending in a major starship would not go unnoticed by anyone and Starfleet wanted to keep this under wraps due to unforeseen consequences. It was an all or nothing all out assault on two bases full of thugs and a team of highly skilled veteran marines. ENS Scott Shepard, LT Jack Shepard's nephew, joined the fray even though Jack tried to talk him out of it. Many of the details following are still classified, but it was a hard fought battle with two installations. It took time and the lives of brave men and women to find the second. On the lighter note, Anastasia Shepard was reunited with Jack Shepard, many details of how and why are classified. Due to classified information it is hard to get an accurate account of the casualties involved in operation Blackfoot. What has been declassified was that Capt. Joy's response team was never recovered, all presumed KIA. LT Shepard is the only survivor of the original "Alpha 6", most KIA in the initial ambush; others in captivity. Official records report 74 souls lost due to actions relating to Operation Blackfoot. His experiences in taking part in the operation hardened his emotions, especially the loss of a Cpl.Emma Lawson. She was part of the assault team lead by ENS Scott Shepard under the command of LT Jack Shepard. Scott was asked to stay on "Alpha 6", but declined and asked to be reassigned to a normal billet. No one questioned him or thought less of him. It was a bitter sweet ending to a hard fought mission.
- Arrival*Being assigned to SB 118 Ops was a small reunion. He found himself working with many of his former shipmates from the Victory. Even ran into LCDR Allen Diaz. Scott worked under Diaz for a short time during his Starfleet Cadet cruise at Midway Station. Most notable incident was taking the CO's wife on a date, which caused a few ruffles to say the least. Not all experiences were happy ones, news came to him that his friend LCDR Guy Hunt was killed in a terrorist attack on the Station.
-1st Assignment: He was dispatched to the Neutral zone between the Romulans and Klingons. Despite being a Marine Fighter Pilot, he found himself manning tactical for the USS Victory. He did not complain because he missed the Victory and the simple fact that Marines do not question lawful orders. Also thought it was a good idea that a Marine is a good choice for a "trigger man". Working in tactical was new compared with his former duties as a Starfleet Security Officer. He found himself working with people from different departments. He like the new situation and felt as being more part of a team. Working with LCDR Breeman and 1Lt.Swift on the stick, he knew that they could handle anything. If did feel weird at first, not to have CAPT Jaxx and LCDR McKenna leading the crew. Through observations and interactions, so far he had confidence in LCDR Nicholotti and LCDR Kora abilities to Command the Victory. Besides, Scott never had problems following an attractive woman like Kalianna Nicholotti.
Scott joined the academy after he finished school. It wasn't hard to get in due to his family's history with Starfleet. Scott was way above average when it came to the Combat classes. Most of his instructors dismissed some of his hard work based on his family of Starfleet Marines and his Dominion War veteran uncle, LTJG Jack Shepard, later Starfleet Security. He did get good praises from his piloting instructors, it seemed to the one thing that the Shepards collectively didn't have the high aptitude for besides Scott. In the Academy Scott double majored in Starfleet Security and HCO with emphasis in piloting. Scott at his age, was not a militarily rigger-ed as the other men in his family where. He was more laid back, but took pride in his work. He did his best to help his fellow students to achieve in the academy with him.
Scott was posted to the USS Victory with his best friend he met while in the academy. He adapted well to life in Starfleet, and was easily melded into the crew. He took part in preparations for the disaster or Romulus. During a mission, knowledge of his uncle Jack prompted him to leave in a dangerous mission known as Operation Blackfoot. In preparation for the Operation, he received platoon officer training, basic force recon, and familiarization with the Arrow Class Shuttle. After Blackfoot Scott was allowed any posting he desired and requested Marine Officer training. Gen.Hanley, the operational authority, signed off on the request.
The training was an abbreviated version of the original, since he was already an officer of Starfleet. He went under marine officer indoctrination. He learned to lead marines in offensive and defensive operations. With experience from Operation Blackfoot he was sent to advanced force recon training and fighter pilot orientation. After his marine requirements and special trainings where completed, he was sent to SB-118 for the Starfleet mandated final exam.
|NPC Listing · StarBase 118 Ops Crew Manifest · Crew History
Writer Character History