|Sch'n R'Var Sahriv|
Sahriv is a Vulcan male assigned to the USS Darwin-A as a science officer.
- Full Name: Sch'n R'Var Sahriv.
- Race: Vulcan.
- Date of Birth: 234007.26.
- Place of Birth: Vulcana Regar, T'Khasi.
- Age: 56 (Terran Years).
- Gender: Male.
- Telepathic status: Strong but abstinent. T5.
Sahriv was born on T’Khasi to Sking, a diplomat formerly in the service of Vulcan’s Ambassador, and T’Vakh, a priestess. His name means “Storm” - he was born during one of the planet’s worst ion storms in two centuries, which battered most of the major cities, particularly Vulcana Regar, the place of Sahriv’s birth.
Sahriv is a full graduate of the Shi’Kar Science Academy and served aboard both Vulcanian and Independent Science Vessels for almost two decades (in particular the V.S.S Sochya) before deciding to join Starfleet at the young age of 45.
Sahriv has the Vulcan equivalent of Autism, called Saktra-Nosh, which impacts greatly on his capacity for empathy, longitudinal thinking and social interaction. He has difficulty in understanding others and treating them as people, even his own kind, and is often at the mercy of his own powerful emotions, barely kept at bay by his own exceptional self-control. The condition does afford him extraordinary high-functioning capabilities however and he is an exceptional savant, even genius, by any standard.
He majored in Science at Starfleet Academy, specialising in Physics and Chemistry. In his spare time he practises Kal-toh and meditates with aggressive martial arts. After graduating he was immediately assigned to serve aboard U.S.S. Mercury as a Science Officer.
He has not spoken to his parents since before he joined Starfleet. After he was diagnosed with his mental illness, his parents were unwilling or unable to deal with the implications and sent him away to board from the age of ten. His relationship with them is practically non-existent. He currently has no close friends or acquaintances.
Like all Vulcans, Sahriv has a firm grasp of self-defence and many forms of ritualistic and meditative martial arts. However, to channel his inner rage, he trains in aggressive forms of personal combat. This has made him unprecedentedly formidable in a fight, both unarmed and with his personal weapon - a Romulan Falchion. While he finds violence distasteful, as do all of his species, his training and preparedness not only make for a suitable outlet for his dangerous emotions, but have turned him into a force to be reckoned with. During a violent outburst in his first year at the academy, he hospitalised 5 Cadets who had made the mistake of tormenting him and forcing him into sensory overload. He was not expelled, due to provision being made for his illness, and such an incident never occurred again. It is the only blemish on his otherwise perfect record.
He seeks to better himself and gain an understanding of the people and the universe around him, all too aware that he comprehends the vastly complex but is at a loss when it comes to the most simple things. He believes that the key to understanding himself and others is to explore the universe, seek out its mysteries and solve its puzzles - which is the reason he joined Starfleet in the first place.
- 234007.26: Born.
- 235003.2: Is diagnosed with Saktra-nosh.
- 235008.14: Is sent away to board at school.
- 235107.26: Completes Kahs-wan.
- 237006.13: Graduates with Honours from Vulcan Science Academy.
- 237007.10: Joins crew of V.S.S Sochya as civilian scientist, the first of many vessels he goes on to work aboard.
- 238509.01: Joins Starfleet Academy
- 239012.03: Graduates and is assigned to U.S.S Mercury
- 239012.28: Transfered to USS Darwin-A as a Science Officer
- Height: 6 feet 2 inches.
- Weight: 160.5 lb.
- Hair Color: Dark Auburn.
- Length of Hair: Short, cropped in traditional Vulcan style.
- Eye Color: Deep Blue.
- Skin Tone: Pale but healthy, slight green tinge, typical in Vulcans.
- Birthmarks, Scars: None.
- Build: Slender, even slightly small for a Vulcan, but sturdy.
- Face: Elegant bone structure, high cheekbones. Gaunt and even emaciated looking, in certain lights. Heavy and expressive eyebrows.
- Eyes: Bright and intelligent.
- Mouth: Tightly shut. Full-lipped by male standards.
- Arms: Of medium length. Not overly large but well-formed muscular definition. Size belies the superhuman strength of his species.
- Legs: Long in relation to his torso. Muscular and well-formed.
- Carriage: Upright, straight-backed. Sure-footed and confident. Rarely moves quickly without good reason.
- Poses (Hands/Gestures, Feet/Legs, Torso/Head): Hands lithe and dextrous, typically clasped behind back or at front. Unusually unexpressive during conversation. Weight often shifted between feet during conversation. Legs typically apart at shoulder length. Torso rigid with discipline. Head often slightly bowed and subdued during conversation and deep thought. Avoids eye contact.
- Taste in Clothing (when off duty): Plain Vulcan Robes.
- Shoes: 11 (in British "Barleycorns").
- Voice: Gentle baritone. Evenly paced and thoughtful. Commanding and abrupt when necessary. Rapid when roused. Perfect elocution and diction. Analogous to "British Received Pronunciation."
- Handedness: Right handed.
- Quarters: Normal Federation Starship crew quarters. Appropriate to his rank and station.
- Favourite Room: The Holodeck, for meditation, martial arts exercises and much-needed escapism.
- Habits: Rarely initiates conversation. Somewhat tactless and socially inept, often unintentionally blunt or insulting.
- Mannerisms: Avoids eye contact. Prone to nervous twitch. Comes across as superior or arrogant.
- Religion/Spiritual Devotion: Vulcan Logic and teaching of Surak.
- Hobbies and Pastimes: Kal-toh, Piano, Art, Meditation, Composition of Music. Will often draw, paint or transcribe the same things many many times over for therapeutic purposes.
- Likes: Solitude, patterns, mathematics, puzzles, classical music - particularly Mozart, due to his works being the most "mathematically and aesthetically precise."
- Dislikes: People, invasion of personal space, physical contact, unintelligent conversation, loud and unpleasant noises, bright/flashing lights, asymmetry, disorder and untidiness.
- Ambitions and Goals: To better understand himself and other people, as well as the mysteries of the Universe.
- Achievements in Life: Honours graduate of ShiKar Science Academy on Vulcan
- Disappointments in Life: Relationship with parents practically non-existent. Can never achieve Kolinahr due to his condition. Is unable to safely mind-meld due to triggering effects.
- Temperament: Calm, emotionless, disciplined. Internally conflicted. Rage is terrifying when mental discipline is broken.
- Mental problems (complexes and phobias): Saktra-Nosh (Vulcan equivalent of Autism). Claustrophobia.
- Physical Limitations: Suffers from sensory overloads if over-stimulated by touch, smell, sight, sound or taste. These blackouts can either be violent or catatonic.