|StarBase 118 Ops
Ensign Reema Poq is currently serving as a medical officer at Starbase 118 Ops. She is a joined Trill. Reema is Poq's first host. Reema joined Operations of Starbase 118 in late 2395 at the tail end of a diplomatic mission on Tumar II. She was immediately thrown into action with one goring and one stab wound. The momentum of the work has not slowed since, and she is determined to excel.
- Height: 165cm
- Weight: 63kg
- Hair: Brown
- Eyes: Black
- Build: Average
- Mother: Azira Faero nee Rhyyz
- Father: Palkot Faero
- Sibling: Tano Faero (born 2384)
Whom does your character get on with or not get on with? For now, pick one member of your current crew and enter their name below, then describe the nature of your character's relationship with them.
The captain's quick trust and unwavering support in Poq's abilities had a strong impact on her. She feels supported by his recognition and thankful for his reassurances. She looks up to him a lot, and thinks of him like a distant mentor.
The CMO is a more direct mentor, though she was surprised by his hands-off approach- and flattered that he also trusted her.
The marine is a whirlwind that you don't have a chance to miss, and Reema was hit with him just as hard as anyone else, though she knew nothing of his non-Starfleet life.
Reema was born on the Trill homeworld to unjoined parents Azira and Palkot Faero. Both came from a line that had never had a joined member, and were eager for their child to be the first. As such, they raised Reema with extremely high expectations, taking advantage of Azira's positions as a professor at an elite youth academy to push Reema through several highly regimented programs from a young age. Though she flourished under the pressure, her parents' encouragement and celebration of her achievements gave her an inflated sense of worth. She craves recognition to a high degree, believes that everything she receives is well deserved, and expects the best. Her brother was born when she was 16, and already about to depart for a higher education academy
She decided to study medicine for two reasons: the first, before the functional connection between host and symbiont always fascinated her, and she wished to understand its physical properties, "why it works," but also because it is considered a challenging specialty, and so mastering it was another way of proving that she was far above average. Reema was accepted to the Symbiosis Institute training program once her medical degree was completed at 23, approximately two years younger than the average graduate, thanks to her mother's academy. She passed the selection process, to much pomp and circumstance from her parents, extremely excited to receive a symbiont and with it, the memories of another life, perhaps one that could soften the blow from her lack of non-academic life. That was not to be, as Poq had never been joined to a host before.
Her expectations smashed, and her parents far softer on her young brother than they had been to her, Reema decided to expand her own horizons, as they could not be expanded through her symbiont's past lives, by departing the Trill homeworld for the first time in her life and enlist in Starfleet.
Though her preexisting medical degree might have allowed her to enter Starfleet through a shorter program, she elected to enter Starfleet Academy anyway as an attempt to focus on her lacking social skills and expand her medical knowledge to other species'. Unfortunately, her desire to always best everyone around had her quickly falling into old habits, and she failed to make any particularly lasting friendships.
Reema graduated the Starbase 118 satellite academy and moved into its center at Operations in late 2395. She was immediately sent to Tumar II, where she received the lifesaving ribbon for her quick medical intervention after she and the captain found Commander Elspeth and Ensign Olsen- the second gored- in the jungle. She also assisted in healing Lt Comm Taelon after he was discovered planetside and stabbed by his betrayed partner.
- Below you'll see a table which contains images for rank pips - you can change the word 'Gold' for 'Red' or 'Teal' or one of the other colors listed earlier to match your duty post. Again, not all ranks are available in all colors and/or pipstyles. You can change pips from the default to a different style such as DS9, STO, or Slanted by adding DS9, STO, or Slanted after the color.
|Cadet First Class
|Graduated Starfleet Academy
|239510.24 - 239603.08
|Starbase 118 Ops
|Lieutenant Junior Grade
|239603.28 - current
|Starbase 118 Ops
|Assistant Chief Medical Officer
Awards & Service Ribbons
- (We've gone ahead and filled in your first service ribbon: the Starfleet Academy Graduate Ribbon. As you complete missions and continue to serve with the fleet, you'll earn additional awards and service ribbons that you can post here, with the date you got them! For full instructions on how to add more awards and service ribbons, check out Template:Ribbons Display.)
|Awards and Service Ribbons
- Replace the links below with links to your own SIMs that you find memorable or are important to your character - you may want to add more as your time with the fleet goes on! You can find a complete archive of sims here at the SIM Archive.
- Title of First SIM - (Stardate and brief description of what happens)
- Title of Second SIM - (Stardate and brief description of what happens)
|NPC Listing · StarBase 118 Ops Crew Manifest · Crew History