|Position||Assistant Chief Science Officer|
Ensign Rebecca Owens is currently serving as a science officer aboard the USS Columbia.
- Full name: Rebecca Owens
- Date of Birth: 236912.03 (26 years old)
- Species: Human
- Gender: Female
- Hair color: Dark Brown
- Eye color: Brown
- Height: 5’10"
- Parents: Caleb Owens and Carleigh Owens
- Siblings: Robert Owens (Brother) and Alessandra Owens (Sister)
- Spouse: None
- Children: None
Rebecca Owens was born on December 2nd, 2369 on a freighter while it was in transit between colonies. She grew up on the freighter with her parents although they did not own it. She quickly proved to be innovative and quick to respond to anything that may have gone wrong. Life on the freighter wasn’t perfect for her though, as she always felt trapped and limited. The freighter was old, and frankly was falling apart. As a result of the freighters poor condition, when she got older, she was often expected to help fix things when they broke down and there, she learned a lot about engineering and science. When not working on the ship, she was often learning various subjects from members of the crew: things like math, science, literature, cooking, and a whole host of other things. The crew members felt that life on the freighter was often devoid of learning anything past what was needed to operate the ship, and I wanted her to be prepared if she decided not to stick with that life. Despite this, life on the freighter was hard, and she went through a lot that she is not proud of, and many will find that she is unwilling to talk about it.
Thanks to the crew, their efforts to teach her paid off. She left the freighter when she turned 18 and worked various mechanical and minor lab jobs for a few years until she applied to Starfleet Academy when she was 21. She felt a bit strange due to joining a little later than most cadets did, but she found a place where she felt welcomed and accepted. She attended the academy for 4 years and is planning to graduate soon…
|Cadet First Class||239605.26||Graduated Starfleet Academy||Science Officer|
|Ensign||239605.27 - 239608.27||USS Columbia||Science Officer|
|Lieutenant JG||239608.27 - Present||USS Columbia||Assistant Chief Science Officer|
Awards & Service Ribbons
- (We've gone ahead and filled in your first service ribbon: the Starfleet Academy Graduate Ribbon. As you complete missions and continue to serve with the fleet, you'll earn additional awards and service ribbons that you can post here, with the date you got them! For full instructions on how to add more awards and service ribbons, check out Template:Ribbons Display.)
|Awards and Service Ribbons|
- Replace the links below with links to your own SIMs that you find memorable or are important to your character - you may want to add more as your time with the fleet goes on! You can find a complete archive of sims here at the SIM Archive.
- Title of First SIM - (Stardate and brief description of what happens)
- Title of Second SIM - (Stardate and brief description of what happens)
|NPC Listing · USS Columbia Crew Manifest · Crew History