|Pedro A.S. Ramirez|
Lieutenant Commander Pedro Ramirez is currently is currently the First Officer of the USS Eagle.
- Full Name: Pedro Alonzo Sanchez Ramirez
- Race: Terran
- Date of Birth: 235511.04
- Place of Birth: Monterrey, Mexico, Earth
- Age: 30
- Gender: Male
- Telepathic status: N/A
- Height: 6'2"
- Weight: 220lbs
- Hair Color: Brown
- Length of Hair: Short
- Eye Color: Blue
- Skin Tone: Caucasian
- Birthmarks, Scars
- Chest: Tattoed graphic representation of a ram head covering the whole chest and the abdomen
- Upper Right Arm: Tatooing of an inverted horseshoe ("U" shaped)
- Upper Back: Tattoing of a kicking bull, covering both scapulas
- Right Forearm: Tattoing of the word "ADIOS" in stylized characters, the "O" being represented by a bullet impact, aligned vertically from elbow to wrist.
- Left Forearm: A mean-looking Joker with cards
- Build: Athletic, muscular
- Face: couple-of-days-old beard
- Eyes: Ocular implants (zooming, night vision, infrared and low-level x-ray functions activated)
- Mouth: always ready to say something
- Arms: yes, two of them
- Legs: walks better that way
- Carriage: with horses too
- Poses (Hands/Gestures, Feet/Legs, Torso/Head):
- Taste in Clothing (when off duty): Jeans, t-shirt, stetson, occasional hawaiian shirt
- Shoes: running shoes or cowboy boots
- Voice: loud
- Handedness: Ambidextrous
- While he was replaced on Starbase 118 by a shapeshifter, he was severely beaten and tortured, leaving him with multiple fractures all over his body, which all healed perfectly. However, the extent of the damage to his sight and hearing did not allow to restore them. To compensate, auditory and ocular implants were installed. While the hearing implants do not allow a better sound perception than the human standard, the ocular implants provide him with different viewing modes (normal, infrared, night vision, low-level x-ray and zooming).
- Favorite Room:
- Mannerisms: Informal vocabulary such as "Yeah" rather than "Yes sir"
- Religion/Spiritual Devotion: Believes in something, but doesn't know what exactly.
- Hobbies and Pastimes: boxing, wrestling, street fighting, dancing, music (listening and playing, all kinds of music), weapon design & fabrication (holographic only, yet based on real data so that they would theoretically be functionnal in real life), working on a holographic version of his father's ranch, rodeo events, gymnastics, acting, circus acts, imitating people (mainly voices), The Ram Show (radio broadcast)
- Whiskey and cigars
- Spicy foods
- Down-to-Earth people
- Plain stupidity
- Starfleet's tendency to believe everybody without any doubt
- Lazy people
- Overzealous religious beliefs
- People who tend to complicate things for no reason
- Telepaths/empaths who scan him without his permission
- Men who disrespect women
- People who hide behind their ranks to impose respect rather than deserving it
- Ambitions and Goals: To be a galactic superstar, leaving a legacy that would transcend time itself... Simple stuff like that.
- Achievements in Life:
- Disappointments in Life:
- Temperment: Straight to the point, prompt to react, brags a lot
- Mental problems (complexes and phobias): Huge superiority complex, constant fear of his implants failing leaving him in the dark and completely cut off from the universe
- Weapons analysis, development & fabrication
- Physical Endurance
- Honesty (often refered to as "Extreme Honesty")
- Plays several musical intruments
- Speaks/reads/writes Federation Standard, English & Spanish
- Lack of diplomacy
- Prefers to stay on the ground (as opposed to aquatic submersion or EVA. not a phobia, rather a discomfort)
- Telepathic attacks (even though he's hard-headed, as any human he can't do nothing about that)
- Hates cold places (being used to Mexico's hot climate)
- Has difficulty trusting people
- Lousy piloting skills
- Unable to fight with bladed weapons such as knives or swords as he doesn't see the point of it. Would rather fight a Klingon who has a Bat'leth with his bare hands (most surely to his death) than using an "oversized butterknife", as he calls bladed weapons.
- Highly sarcastic and argumentative
- Extreme honesty. Says what he thinks and thinks what he says. People might not always like this honesty of his, but one thing is for sure: What you see is what you get. Nothing hidden. The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
- Yet, he doesn't talk much about himself (aside from bragging about his skills, of course). A rather sensitive guy although he'd never admit it himself.
- He's the kind of guy who is often right but that nobody listens to, which makes him a prime subject for a well-placed "I told you so"
- Although he is hispanic/Texan, he's not the redneck-caricature-style cowboy nor the hyper-latino-type, as in "he won't run around like an idiot screaming like a lunatic".
- "Hands-on" kind of guy, he doesn't rely too much on technology. If he has a choice between doing it himself or letting a machine do it, he'd prefer to do it himself (for example, if he has to work metal, he would shape it himself instead of replicating it. Of course, in crisis situations he will go for the simple and efficient way)
- Seems to fascinate vulcans for reasons unknown, probably because of his undoubtable honesty
- Although he's far from being Counselor-material, people have a tendency to come seek his opinion on various subjects, while he rarely goes to others to seek help or opinions.
- Huge superiority complex
- His abduction and beatings left a huge scar on his pride and he is definitely looking for a payback.
- Considered as a genius on many levels
- Very much misunderstood, but it's mostly because of his constant failure at expressing himself the right way, even if he expresses himself a lot
- Marital Status: Single
- Father: Thomas D. O'Riley
- Mother: Consuela Ramirez
Born in Monterrey, Mexico. His father, Thomas D. O'Riley, owns a ranch and his mother, Consuela Ramirez, works at Starfleet R & D in the weapons department. He was named after one of his mother's ancestor, Pedro Alonzo Sanchez. Only child.
Ordinary childhood implying the tasks related to the maintenance of the ranch, supported by an education on the benefits of a work well carried out, the satisfaction of a duty well achieved and the advantages of self-subsistence. Obviously, all that work on the ranch requiring a good physical form and much of time outside, good or bad weather, had contributed to his physical development and to the evolution of his smartness.
Initiated to dancing at a very young age by his mother, he knows several kinds of dances and works at it occasionally. On the other side, his father had decided to make sure that his son was able to defend himself. Thus, he began teaching him how to fight (boxing, wrestling and street fighting) with the imperative warning to use it only when necessary.
During his teen years, he was initiated by his mother to various concepts of arms manufacture and to the art of shooting. As for his father, he had concentrated to teach him the rudiments of the rodeo and it's various events. With the course of time, other skills developed only because of the tasks connected to work on the ranch, such as gymnastics (working with animals often required some acrobatic skills) and mechanics.
When came time to choose a career, the choices available were either to remain on the ranch to succeed to his father or to follow the traces of his mother and go to the Academy. Having already lived all his life on the ranch, he chose what he did not know, which was the Academy and Starfleet. Of course, his father would have preferred that he remained to take care of the ranch with him, but he respected his choice. He was particularly attracted by the security department for apparent reasons. His strenuous work since childhood as well as the various skills he developed with time all pointed toward this branch.
But when he got to the academy, he was attracted by sciences, which was weird considering he never actually had any interest for them. But having developped an interest in forensics in the last couple of years, he thought that it would be a great way to get to do improve on his forensics knowledge. And with that, he minored in security, since both seemed quite complementary for him.
His beginnings in Starfleet were quite shaky, as in a matter of a couple of months he managed to spend more time in-between assignments than on duty, moving from one ship to another because of his "unusual" behavior that led to conflicts and they pretty much figured the best way to resolve the issue was to send it somewhere else.
That happened until Ramirez got assigned on the Columbia, his first real assignment, so to speak. The reason why it worked, at least according to Ramirez's point of view, was that Captain Avatar didn't care about the past, only about what he was able to do as an officer. It might have seemed an ordinary statement for most people, but for Ramirez it meant a lot more: the man was giving him a chance to show what he was made of rather than just sticking to a preconceived idea based on what others wrote in his file.
Pretty much just as he got on board, he was on the job to study a potentially active bomb that had been found on the Columbia. His expertise in all kinds of weaponry and forensics analysis were arriving at the right time and he had soon disabled the device.
His first mission with his given chance wasn't the best mission ever in terms of proving grounds. The Columbia had been assigned to test a new propulsion technology based on Iconian technology and after the experiment turned to hell, they had to abandon ship and soon found their way to Ambrosia, a somewhat uninhabited planet, at least on appearances, with a weather even Gene Kelly wouldn't dance in. To sum up, there were some experiments that had taken place a long time ago that lead to the creation of ethereal beings that could take control of people in their sleep. After demonstrating signs of paranoia and a voluntary sleep deficiency, and saving a couple of lifes on the way, Ramirez got to a point where he just couldn't stay awake anymore and just got taken over by several of those ethereal beings, sending his "essence" in the farside of his mind until Cmdr Moranta found a way to get to him via telepathy. Even though Ramirez down right hated when telepaths got in his head, he had to admit he owed Moranta a big one by her doing so.
Not long after that, the Columbia crew was reassigned on Starbase 118 Operations, where Ramirez got involved in many projects, some official while others were on the side, personnal requests from some people to see into things for them, kind of like a private eye. But at the point where his forensics expertise would have been the most useful, things turned out bad.
As the civilian leader Savron was killed, Ramirez had been replaced by a shapeshifter and taken off the station to some unknown location where he got severely beat up during a few days. His fighting spirit just made it worst as the people who abducted him broke most of his bones and literally destroyed his eyes and hearing in the process to make sure he couldn't identify a location or a person. He was cut off from the rest of the universe, the only way for him to know if someone was there was when they were hitting him. And then, for some unknown reasons, he got dropped in space in an escape pod and left adrift. Of course, he had no idea why the beatings had stopped and where he was, nor had any notion of the time that was passing. The only thing he knows is that at some point he felt people picking him up and just started fighting back, as much as fighting back is possible with a body in pieces.
Eventually, he was brought back to Starbase 118 where they used telepathy, yet again, to make contact with him, connecting him with the rest of the world again. Ensued a long series of surgeries to fix his body and then working on giving him his hearing back, since between that and sight, it was the least damaged sense. Hearing implants were installed deep in his hearing canal and he was partly connected to the outside world again.
His eyes on the other hand required a lot more work to be able to give him ocular implants. The extent of the damage to the eyeballs forced the medical team to remove them completely to allow to work on the eye muscles and optic nerve. Many surgeries were necessary only to clean and heal the tissues, until they were finally able to install the implants and connect them to the muscles and optic nerves. After days of testing and adjustments, he finally was able to get his normal sight back. When he heard about the different options that could be made available, he couldn't resist to try them out.
While he might have seemed relatively well, deep down he's got real issues with what happened to him and no counseling whatsoever has been given to him about that, which leads him to have emotional outbursts that can be unjustified at times, lashing out at things for no apparent reasons, needing to vent all his emotional bagage on something.
At this point, he just needed to get away from all of that. He requested a leave of absence for personnal reasons and left the fleet completely for about a year or so. During that year, he started to work on his father's ranch for a couple of weeks, but soon enough his forensics expertise was requested on an ongoing investigation. He figured he could work on it as a private investigator, which they agreed upon. One job led to another, cases kept on coming and brought him to travel a lot. It actually did him some good to work on his own for a while, because he didn't have to bother about anybody else. He got into trouble more than a few times, but managed to come out of it in one piece most of the time.
After having enough opportunities to blow off some steam, he figured he was ready to come back to active duty and made all the necessary arrangements to get his old duty post on Starbase 118 OPS as Chief Science Officer and was reinstated to his former rank of Lieutenant Junior Grade.
His return has been somewhat chaotic, to say the least, which wasn't much of a surprise. However, the worst was yet to come. During an investigation about a virus in klingon colonies, he went undercover with Quinn Reynolds to find a contact who could provide them with a sample of the virus. But the plan backfired and they both were captured by klingon authorities and sent to Rura Penthe. Prison life was harsh to begin with, but it was worst there. Between the gangs wanting to recruit them and those just wanting to beat them up because they were Starfleet officers, The Ram had his share of fights and bruises. But sooner or later he had to get in over his head and finally got a bad beating that damaged his ocular implants (and most of his face for that matter), making him blind once again. Blind in a prison was far from a good situation, even more so considering that he had been Quinn's muscle since the beginning and he couldn't even walk by himself anymore. But thanks to some good samaritan named Ishan and a somewhat weird creature called Toriel, they somehow managed to escape in abandoned mine tunnels until they were reached by a rescue party sent for them.
Back on the USS Crazyhorse, the ship used to come and get them, they were given the opportunity to participate in a war game simulation which made him really enthusiastic because he was on the team with the least chance of winning. The underdog team, as he called it, was a great opportunity to show his creative skills when it came down to doing miracles with nothing. And he found quite funny the context in which he would've been able to say that he beat the other team blindfolded since he had not recovered his sight yet. But his luck being what it had been lately, the derelict ship his team was assigned to was captured by creatures living in a nearby gas giant and experimented on. Again, he found himself completely useless and more of a burden to his colleagues since he couldn't even get any idea of what was happening around him. And it was one of the almost inexistant times where The Ram actually lost it. He had finally broke for a short while, but managed to pull together before it got too out of hand. And yet again, they had been rescued by someone else.
After those events, it was obvious that the crew needed a vacation and somehow someone thought that Vulcan would be a nice touristic spot to visit. After he made sure to get his sight back, he got down on the surface of Vulcan to try and consider that place like somewhere he could find something fun to do, but Admiral Rocar had obviously decided otherwise since he had made arrangements for him to spend his leave at the Vulcan Institute of Meditation, apparently being the first human to be granted such a privilege. At first he was reluctant, but he decided to humor Administrator T'Pok and followed him to the institute where he met Soral, the one who had the misfortune of being assigned as his instructor for the duration of his stay. But it seemed that both men made a connexion since they both influenced each other a lot. Rigorous training ensued since the timeframe was very short, but Ramirez being a fast learner and unable to back down from any challenge, and with Soral being most curious about the learning experience he would get from teaching a man like Ramirez, The Ram was able to make tremendous progress in a very short amount of time. He had found some inner peace about many things he had buried deep inside of him for many years and found himself changed overall. He walked out of the institute a new man, much to the disbelief of his colleagues. The one they had come to believe unsalvageable by Starfleet standards was now as zen as a buddhist, almost Vulcan-like to be exact. Soral's influence had been strong in itself, but they both agreed that a vulcan mind meld would improve the learning curve and help Ramirez find inner peace faster and more efficiently. But the long mind meld had that effect of programming some of the vulcans' calm and formal traits into Ramirez's behavior. He was now calm, reserved, polite, formal. Pretty much the opposite of what he had always been in the past.
- Date Graduated from Academy: 2382
- Current Rank: Lieutenant
- Current Assignment: USS Eagle
- Duty Post: Chief Science Officer
Awards & Commendations
- Scotty Cross - 238401.10
- Data Artistic Award - 238401.10
- Merria Medallion - 238601.12
- Sheathed Sword Award - 238703.25
- 2378-2379: Cadet 1st Year, General Studies - Starfleet Academy
- 2379-2380: Cadet 2nd Year, Science Cadet (Security minor) - Starfleet Academy
- 2380-2381: Cadet 3rd Year, Science Cadet (security minor) - Starfleet Academy
- 2381-2382: Cadet 4th Year, Science Cadet (Security minor) - Starfleet Academy
- 238211.26: Ensign, Ass. Security Officer - USS Constitution-B
- 238212.09: Ensign, Ass. Science Officer - USS Morningstar
- 238301.04: Ensign, Science Officer - USS Columbia
- 238306.16: Lieutenant Junior Grade, Science Officer - USS Columbia
- 238306.27: Lieutenant Junior Grade, Science Officer - StarBase 118 Ops
- 238307.04: Lieutenant Junior Grade, Assistant Chief Science Officer - StarBase 118 Ops
- 238312.20: Lieutenant Junior Grade, Chief of Operations - USS Constitution-B
- 238408.05: LOA for personnal reasons
- 238507.15: Returns to Starfleet
- 238507.20: Lieutenant Junior Grade, Chief Science Officer - StarBase 118 Ops
- 238512.08: Lieutenant, Chief Science Officer - StarBase 118 Ops
- 238609.27: Lieutenant Commander, Chief Science Officer - USS Eagle
- 238706.18: Lieutenant Commander, First Officer - USS Eagle
The Ram Show
|The Zoot Suit worn by Ramirez at the 2384 Award Ceremony on the USS Constitution-B.|
|The Phaser Shotgun developped by Ramirez (image created by the player)
"Ramirez: Phaser shotgun. Works like a phaser, with the settings and everything, but instead of sending a continuous beam, it sends a brief impulse wave that hits like a ton of bricks. Works better at short range, though, but very useful in close combat situation."
|Chest tattoo (image created by the player)|
|Left Forearm tattoo|
|Right Forearm tattoo (image created by the player)|
|NPC Listing · USS Eagle Crew Manifest · Crew History