|Birthplace||Leeds, England, Europe, Earth|
- Creating a basic bio is quick and easy to do! Wherever you see brackets below, just add in the text you need, replacing things like 'your name' or 'your ship' with the relevant information inside the coding provided, or follow the instructions given - then delete the brackets and any instructions inside them! Once you're done, you'll have a bare bones bio that you can build on using the FBC tutorials, getting tips from other people's bios or adding your own ideas! Click "edit" to get started! Good luck and enjoy!
(Ensign James Winter) is currently serving as a (Intelligence Officer) aboard the (USS Athena). (A table of contents will be automatically generated below this line - you won't see it in the edit window but it'll be right there once you save the page!)
- Height: 5'11(Add your stats after each bullet point)
- Hair: Black
- Eyes: Green
Whom does your character get on with or not get on with? For now, pick one member of your current crew and enter their name below, then describe the nature of your character's relationship with them.
Parents: Christina Archer & Matthew Elliot Winter Siblings: Terrell Winter Spouse: None Children: None
In the coding above, delete two of the headings so that only one remains. You can then type here as if you were writing on notepad to drop in some information about your character. If you want to use bullets, copy and paste the star above. You can also look on the forums and the wiki for tutorials on how to use more adventurous coding. Want to include sections for Background, Personality AND Career History? Just copy the code for the title bar above, then paste it in type in the title you want - you can add extra sections in too!
Born in Leeds, to an upper class family, his father was the steward to a rich Merchant's estate, his Mother an influential member of Starfleet. Winter grew up with no material wants. He was quite curious, and adventurous, traits that often got him into trouble. His father spent copious funds to entertain the boy's whims, which often esoteric. He had a great fascination with the Galaxy at large, especially the Borg, and his rooms back on Earth still contain shelves packed with all available materials on the subject. From Artist's sketch books to advanced treatise on their dietary plans, he had consumed every last scrap of knowledge he could lay his hands on. Having an average childhood, he was neither socially inept, not was he a socialite, he matured into a calm, somewhat calculating young adult. Besides his own eager and independent studies, he was afforded a variety of private tutors through his parent's wealth and connections, bringing in Experts from the furthest reaches of the Galaxy.
He knew how to use his words, when it might gain him for favor to play out an elaborate apology or thanks, when to best take a fall so someone else looked good. Weather this manipulative, and arguably deceitful trait was moral or not could be debated. With his studies well under way, he found that he must set a goal for himself in life, something to work at, or else what was the point of it all? It was quite easy for him to determine a philosophy for his life. He was to be defined by his actions, and what he was doing. And where better to do something challenging and worthwhile at than at Starfleet itself?
With a very impressive resume, detailing everything from his varied studies, as well as the social activities, organisations and volunteer groups he had participated in, it was little surprise when his application was accepted. In the Academy itself, Winter held himself back purposefully, he was a upper-average Cadet, Majoring in science. Unknowing to him, someone had observed his keen eye for details, his rapidly calculating mind, and his calm, collected attitude. After his first year in the Academy, he was addressed by a councilor and spoken with, and the Next year, he elected to take a dual-major, Starfleet Intelligence.
His Specialty in Intelligence was, of course, the Borg, and through his already acquired learning he was able to excel in the classes, far beyond his previously mediocre record, surprising most everyone, safe for a few Professors and faculty 'in the know' from the councilor's actions. Despite his Major in Intelligence, he decided to stay on for some extra years, to acquire minors in Engineering, specifically Nano-mechanics, Nanotechnology, Physics and Chemistry.
- Below you'll see a table which contains images for rank pips - you can change the word 'Gold' for 'Red' or 'Teal' or one of the other colors listed earlier to match your duty post. Again, not all ranks are available in all colors and/or pipstyles. You can change pips from the default to a different style such as DS9, STO, or Slanted by adding DS9, STO, or Slanted after the color.
|Cadet First Class||(Stardate you completed your Academy Class)||Graduated Starfleet Academy||(Duty Post you Graduated as)|
|Ensign||239308.17 - Present||USS Athena||Intelligence Officer|
Awards & Service Ribbons
- (We've gone ahead and filled in your first service ribbon: the Starfleet Academy Graduate Ribbon. As you complete missions and continue to serve with the fleet, you'll earn additional awards and service ribbons that you can post here, with the date you got them! For full instructions on how to add more awards and service ribbons, check out Template:Ribbons Display.)
|Awards and Service Ribbons|
- Replace the links below with links to your own SIMs that you find memorable or are important to your character - you may want to add more as your time with the fleet goes on! You can find a complete archive of sims here at the SIM Archive.
- Title of First SIM - (Stardate and brief description of what happens)
- Title of Second SIM - (Stardate and brief description of what happens)
- To end your bio, we're going to drop in some code here for your ship's crew template, which should appear at the bottom of your bio and will help members of the fleet easily browse other bios of your shipmates. Change the name of the ship below to whatever the name of your character's ship is, unless of course you've been assigned to the USS Gemini! Don't forget the letter suffix for your ship if yours has one (such as the USS Darwin-A).
|NPC Listing · USS Athena Crew Manifest · Crew History