|Species||Betazoid / Risian|
Ensign Ghant Xerix , Son of the Third House of Betazed, is the Helm/Navigation Officer aboard the USS Gorkon.
- Full Name: Ghant Xerix
- Date of Birth: 237301.22
- Species: Betazoid / Risian hybrid
- Gender: Male
- Hair Color: Black
- Eye Color: Black
- Height: 5’9”
|Starfleet Service Record
Awards & Commendations
|Awards and Service Ribbons|
- Mother: Celestria Xerix (deceased), Daughter of the Third House
- Father: Jovari Sar Xerix
- Siblings: ( one, deceased)
- Spouse: None
- Children: None biological, His heir apparent is Victoire Marchionne Xerix, Ghant’s young cousin.
- Personal Assistant: Maven Standiford, a holo-program hardwired into a mobile emitter,
Maven was Ghant’s childhood nanny and functioned as something of a mother after Celestria passed away She is now his personal assistant, and the closest “person” in his life. The two frequently quarrel, but only because they are so close. Ghant continues to partition the Betazed Government to recognize Standiford as a life form.
Ghant is driven by a sense of duty and a desire to protect his homeworld and the Federation. He feels that Starfleet failed at protecting citizens at the battle of Betazed, the colony worlds along the Cardassian border, and a number of other instances.
He is talented as a pilot and has excellent diplomatic skills, but lacks the patience and determination of some of his peers
Ghant’s mother, Celestria Xerix was one of the freedom fighters on Betazed and was lost during the ousting of the Dominion forces from their peace-loving planet. Through her, he is Son of the Third House of Betazed.
Ghant’s father Jovari was the Cultural Attaché for the Risian Ambassador to Betazed, and chose to remain on Betazed and raise Ghant.
Maven Standiford helped Jovari raise Ghant, and continues to be an influential person in his life.
Ghant was betrothed at a young age to Mara Seastri, Daughter of the Fourth House of Betazed. Although many of his contemporaries chose not to follow this custom, Ghant and Mara believed in the institution, and felt that each was the other’s Imzadi. Due to distance the relationship didn't work and the two went their separate ways. There is now much hostility between the couple and the two Houses have become rivals, with Victoire caught in the middle
Ghant joined Starfleet because he believed in them, and he hoped to champion a more protective role within the Federation.
- Addison MacKenzie and Ghant met on the USS Veritas in 2396 after he was reassigned as the ship's helm officer and began a romantic relationship shortly thereafter. Their first date together coincided with the Paris bombing of 2396.
- Maven Standiford helped Jovari raise Ghant, and continues to be an influential person in his life.
|NPC Listing · USS Gorkon Crew Manifest · Crew History