Have an idea for the Garuda's next mission?
Please use this form to submit any and all mission proposals! Be sure to include responses to all three sections, but do not feel required to go into great detail; this should be a relatively short initial proposal. Please send to both the Captain and First Officer.
- Preferably a short descriptive paragraph or two, in a style similar to what you might see on the back of a DVD. This should set up the mission, but should avoid prescribing any plot beyond what's required to set events in motion.
- Every mission needs to pose questions that the crew can work to resolve. What are the initial questions of this one?
- What kind of genre (action-adventure, thriller, etc) do you foresee this mission fitting into? What kind of themes does it lend itself to exploring? Is there an over-arching mood(s) -- i.e., horror, wonder, absurd?
As an example, consider this proposal (as written by Emma aka Quinn Reynolds).
- The Garuda sets out on a routine planetary survey mission. On arrival, they discover that the planet is actually host to a long-lost Federation colony, now in the grip of a vicious civil war that has spanned generations. While in orbit, the crew begin to succumb to strange waking dreams that loosen their grip on reality.
- Are these two situations somehow related? What - or who - is causing the strange dreams? What started the war, and/or can it be ended?
- Mystery and suspense, maybe thriller. What price war? How do we perceive reality? Grim discovery (of self and the world), foreboding, fear.