Ensign Garon Silari is currently assigned to the Embassy of Duronis II & USS Thunder-A as Medical Officer
|Embassy of Duronis II &
||Musilla Province, Bajor
- Full Name: Garon Silari
- Race: El-Aurian
- Date of Birth: 229004.21
- Place of Birth: Musilla Province, Bajor
- Age: 106
- Gender: Male
- Telepathic status: 0+
- Height: 1.83m
- Weight: 80kg
- Hair Color: Blond
- Length of Hair: Short
- Eye Color: Blue
- Skin Tone: Fair
- Birthmarks, Scars: None
- Build: Athletic
- Taste in Clothing (Off Duty): Garon tends to wear very simple, comfortable clothing that is easy to move in while off duty
- Voice: Garon speaks in a low, unaccented and calm tone of voice.
- Handedness: Ambidextrous, slightly favoring Left-handed.
- Quarters: Garon keeps his quarters very simple and modestly decorated with few personal touches besides his personal journals and a couple canisters of his favorite varieties of tea.
- Favorite Room: Anywhere with lots of people.
- Habits: Garon likes to begin his morning with up to four cups of tea, his favorite types being Deka, Mint or Ginger.
- Mannerisms: The prodigious El-Aurian memory has given him a great mind for recalling most information he hears or reads, but he’s very hesitant when sharing that information and when he doesn’t take care to reflect the stereotypical El-Aurian serenity, his lack of self-confidence shows.
- Religion/Spiritual Devotion: While not conventionally religious, Garon has been exposed to enough various religions and experiences in his life that his beliefs are somewhat syncretic
- Hobbies and Pastimes: Garon loves to read and learn new things. With as long a lifespan as his, he feels that the more he can learn, the more he can give back to the universe.
- Likes: Learning something new or a new way to look at existing information, working with others to improve the whole
- Dislikes: Violence, cruelty, selfishness, arrogance.
- Ambitions and Goals: To one day discover the solution to a problem that plagues people such as curing a fatal disease, negotiating a diplomatic compromise with an enemy race, or a fixing far-reaching societal issue.
- Temperament: Garon is very quiet and is quite prone to not speaking up unless prompted or if he has something he feels is vital to the situation The prodigious El-Aurian memory has given him a great mind for recalling most information he hears or reads, but he’s very hesitant when sharing that information.
- Physical Limitations: None
- Marital Status: Single
- Children: None
- Father: Belahn Silari
- Mother: Agairean Silari
- Siblings: None
Garon was born on Bajor to two El-Aurians who’d settled on Bajor to gather the stories of the Prophets. In that time prior to the Occupation, they found themselves learning what folktales of the Bajoran people that they could, as the d’jarra caste system strongly limited the spread of many of the stories. Fortunately for them, they’d made the acquaintance of a few members of the Sern'apa caste who were willing to share the stories, and Belahn and Agairean were more than willing to listen. The Silari family stayed on Bajor until just before the Occupation broke out and found themselves without a home, as they were off-world at the time.
Traveling with his parents between various Bajoran refugee camps, Garon learned many more of the stories of the Prophets until he was in his late 50s. It was at this point that Garon decided that he wanted to become a doctor. The conditions in the refugee camps were poor and the medical supplies were sparse, so Garon decided that not only would he listen to and learn the stories of the Prophets, but he would also learn the ways of the camps’ healers and how they were able to take common plants and other substances and use them to further stretch what they had. Once he’d learned many of the healers’ stories and ways of helping others, Garon decided that it was time for him to have a more varied experience and travel to learn more. His parents agreed, and sent him out into the Universe to listen and learn the healers’ stories and methods.
A few decades later, after having traveled the Quadrant from as diverse places as Acamar to Zalda, Garon applied to Starfleet Academy whereupon he was accepted and threw himself into his education, figuring that this was not just another extension of his learning, but also a way to give back to the Federation who’d welcomed his people when they were refugees as well as use his long lifespan and training to help to improve the state of life throughout the galaxy so that no other beings would ever have to suffer the horrors of lack of medical care ever again.