Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ensign Donall Finnegan, a Terran, is currently a tactical officer aboard the USS Independence-A.
- Full Name: Donall Casey Finnegan
- Current Rank: Ensign
- Race: Terran
- Date of Birth: 235904.12
- Place of Birth: Memphis, Tennessee, Earth
- Gender: Male
- Height: 1.85 m
- Weight: 93 kg
- Hair Color: Auburn
- Eye Color: Green
- Spouse: None
- Children: None
- Father: Carl Daniel Owens, deceased
- Mother: Alannah Colleen Finnegan, living
- Siblings: One much older paternal half-brother, Carl Daniel Owens Jr., imprisoned
- Early life: The son of a low-level criminal and an attorney (who was young and not yet an attorney at the time of his conception), he never knew his father nor his half-brother, who followed in their father's footsteps. Despite that, he had a normal childhood with his mother, and her parents were also a large part of his early life. A good student in school and possessing above-average intelligence (but at a level considered more average among Starfleet personnel), he showed a tendency to be especially driven towards his goals. That goal in his early life was to be an engineer in civilian life, likely chosen because of a mind that more easily grasped concrete concepts such as mathematics and the hard sciences.
- 237708.26 – 237805.26: Went to a standard university for a short time before dropping out. Afterward, he drifted for several years, never seeming to find his place in the universe. He mostly seems to have traveled for the next five years, earning his way, board, and meals doing menial work.
- 238210.17: Was in some manner involved in an incident in which one man was killed by another. An inquiry later found that he had no fault in the matter. Soon after, he applied for Starfleet and was accepted.
- 238806.14 Graduated from Starfleet with a major in Security and a double minor in Ops and Tactical. He took two levels of Cardassian for his language requirements, and his electives were a couple of low-level psychology courses.
General Notes to Assist In-SIM Reactions
- The first thing most people will notice about Finnegan are his eyes. In part this is because of their rather bright shade of green, but mostly because he has a habit of making constant direct eye contact at all times with anyone to whom he is speaking. This tends to make some uncomfortable, and at times leads others to misjudge his intentions towards them. If he smiles at all, they would notice it to be crooked, the right side staying closed and moving left instead of up, and the left side moving up and opening by its lonesome.
- He also has an accent. It is a Southern drawl that has somewhat been muted by his travels, but is still noticeable. In addition to the accent is his tendency to at certain times use phrases or pronounce words in a way that sound odd to most. This comes from the fact that his maternal grandparents were originally from Ireland, and some of their accent (and to a lesser extent his mother's) found its way into his. Mostly it is the occasional vowel sound that is 'swapped' with an entirely different vowel sound to most ears.
- In the early days for this character, most will on the surface find him polite and friendly, but realize after some time that they don't really know him. He uses politeness and protocol to keep everything on a surface level, keeping those around him somewhat at arm's length. He mostly calls people by rank or last name, avoids conversations about personal matters, rarely if ever spends time with shipmates in social, off-the-job situations, and spends most of his free time either in a holodeck training or in his quarters alone.
|NPC Listing · Independence-A Senior Staff · Crew History|
|CO: Flt.Capt. Sidney Riley · FO: Lt.Cmdr. Darius Clack|
|HCO: Ens. Isaac David Hertz · CCO: Ens. Alexander Richards|
|CEO: Lt. JG Lluneh Walker · R&D: Lt.Cmdr. Ethan Brice|
|COS: Lt. Eyas W'tine · SEC: Lt. Jade Shryker|
|CTO: Lt.Cmdr. Danny Wilde · TAC: Ens. Scarlet Delores|
|CSO: Lt. Tyriden · ACSO: Lt. Galon Sudra|
|CMO: Lt.Cmdr. Charles Sampi · CNS: Ens. Zinna|
MO: Ens. Leah St. James · Ens. Velana
|Edit Nav/View Key to Abbreviations|