|Birthplace||Alpha Centauri IV|
Davine D'fini is currently serving as a science officer aboard the USS Apollo-A.
- Height: 1.73m (5'8")
- Build: medium
- Hair: Red, long
- Eyes: Blue
- Weight: 146 lb
- Mother: Helani D’Fini
- Father: Earle D’Fini
- Siblings: Eway Lene (half-brother), Victoria Wey (half-sister)
Both of Davine's siblings, Eway and Victoria, were not part of the primary family. Both were older and lived with the other parent. It is common practice for Centaurans to pair outside of the marriage and offspring is a common occurrence. It is then decided on who would care for the children. Davine was a later child and it was decided that she would be raised by both of her biological parents. Davine has had some contact with her older brother and sister when they would come for extended visits.
Davine is very good-natured and quick to smile. She still needs a bit more growth in a leadership role, and in some respects too much of a "camp follower", particularly during the academy. However, she is a very good scientist, despite an a odd tendency to ramble very quickly when excited over something she finds particularly interesting. She earned the nickname in her classes as "The rambling DDs".
- Strengths: Dedicated, tenacious, highly imaginative, loyal, emotional, ability to learn quickly and exchange ideas.
- Weaknesses Prideful, low pain threshold.
- Likes: Temperate climates, sunrises, sunsets, night skies, clouds, friendly people.
- Dislikes : Bullies, swarms of bugs, hot and muggy weather,
- Fears: She is very concerned that she might have really have to some day use deadly force in a given situation.
- Quirks: If excited, she had a tendency to talk very fast and will forget to almost breath. Out will come a string of adverbs, adjectives in random fashion.
- Hobbies: Meeting new people and finding out their life stories; trying new foods, and the wonderful disasters when she tries to recreate them; rock climbing from her time on the mining colony (which drove her parents almost crazy); white water rafting, running.
Davine was born on the home-world (Alpha Centauri IV), however, her first 10 years of her life was on Tharon which is a small mining colony on one of their moons, where there was a mining complex. At the age of 10 the family was transferred to the home-world and there she started her love of science. With the flora and natural growth which she had had limited experience Davine was very interested in everything. Davine would spend ever free hour outside and learning about her new environment. While on the moon she could read about them, With the move back to the planet there was the burst of light, texture and color that drew her to plant life and in time the building block that created them. She would soon excel in the sciences and would take all the courses that were available in her primary education to become a very good student and would graduate at the top of her class.
It was recommended by teachers that if she really wanted to explore the sciences that service in the federation was the perfect ticket to explore the universe. Davine was crushed when she was missed the cut off for star fleet academy by just a couple of slots. She did accept a student internship with the Daystrom Institute to assist at the facility in the science department. She spent the next year quietly working hard working on the craft, but always thinking about the academy. However DD didn’t apply the following year, as she thought that she wasn’t up to the task. She accepted a chance to visit various federation worlds with doing work for the institute during the following year, visiting six federation planets for two months stints for each of them. However, on her return she was finally convinced that the academy would be the right position for her after meeting some star fleet cadets on Earth visiting their grand canyon. Finally her confidence had grown and she was accepted on her second try to the academy
Davine choose the sciences as her primary course of study in the academy. In fact, she really didn’t have a minor but she did take some basic medical courses along with her science classes. She is a basic qualified shuttle pilot, however her skills with weapons are barely adequate. She graduated in the upper third of her class. She was thrilled to get a posting on a starship which means travel and lots of interaction with different species and interacting with various different environments.
Her four years at the academy was somewhat of a blur in many respects. She worked hard finding the level of competition was very high.She spent a lot of time with others in study groups were she met a number cadets and enjoyed the intellectual debate. She did participate in the cross county team. It was good release and a good mental break from classes and studying during her time at the academy. She became good friends with the rest of her team. Graduation was a big relief to her and she had a bit of down time after wards. She was able to go back to the home world for a brief visit. She is looking forward to meeting others where her orders come through.
She was first assigned to the USS Gorkon and completed her first mission. She had just been assigned to the USS Apollo-A.
On arrival she was aghast to find out that she is now the Chief of the Sciences department. After finding out that it was true, she started to settle into the position after getting some advice from her advisor from the academy.
|Cadet First Class||239506.01||Graduated Starfleet Academy||Science Officer|
|Ensign||239506.04 - 239509.24||USS Gorkon|
|239509.24 - Present||USS Apollo-A|
Awards & Service Ribbons
|Awards and Service Ribbons|
- Replace the links below with links to your own SIMs that you find memorable or are important to your character - you may want to add more as your time with the fleet goes on! You can find a complete archive of sims here at the SIM Archive.
- Title of First SIM - (Stardate and brief description of what happens)
- Title of Second SIM - (Stardate and brief description of what happens)
- To end your bio, we're going to drop in some code here for your ship's crew template, which should appear at the bottom of your bio and will help members of the fleet easily browse other bios of your shipmates. Change the name of the ship below to whatever the name of your character's ship is, unless of course you've been assigned to the USS Gemini! Don't forget the letter suffix for your ship if yours has one (such as the USS Darwin-A).
|NPC Listing · USS Apollo-A Crew Manifest · Crew History