Ensign Megan Barkett, a Human, is currently a communications officer and pilot for the USS Independence-A.
- Full Name: Megan Barkett
- Current Rank: Ensign
- Race: Terran
- Date of Birth: 236004.05
- Place of Birth: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- Gender: Female
- Telepathic status: none
- Height: 5'9".
- Weight: 140 lbs
- Hair Color: Blond
- Length of Hair: extends to shoulder blades. Usually wears it down and curly.
- Eye Color: Blue
- Skin Tone: Fair
- Build: Skinny
- Taste in Clothing (when off duty): Cotton cloth. Strapless tops + sweaters. Skirts of many lengths. Dresses. Colors: "spring colors", especially olive green, light pink, light brown, yellow, offwhite, cream, beige.
- Handedness: Right
- Well decorated with colorful items. She frequently redecorates.
- Consistent items: sewing machine, cabinet of drawers holding her fabric pieces, case of sewing implements, old fashioned basket holding pieces for her current quilt.
- Megan's desk faces the "window"
- She has a range of colorful quilts that she uses to cover her bed.
- Has a goldfish and a small tank
- Frequently scrunches up her eyes when she laughs
- Hobbies and Pastimes:
- Spouse: none
- Children: none
- Father: Peter Barkett IV - Professor of Mechanical Engineering at the University of British Columbia
- Mother: Alaina (Spaan) Barkett - Journalist for the Vancouver Reporter
- Siblings: Jenna, Maria, and David
Megan has always had a passion for piloting. As a child and adolescent, she was involved in remote-control-hovercraft races where she was frequently a winner. She used to day-dream about flying starships in the future, a dream that ultimately led to her decision to attend the Academy and join Starfleet. She was a distinguished pilot in her class, landing her a spot in Nova Squadron for her Senior year. Since being assigned to the USS Ronin, Megan has primarily occupied the communications duty-post, but longs to fly the ship. She is considering asking for a transfer to Flight Ops and a chance to fly as a fighter pilot.
Generally, Megan is known for being a vivacious and social officer. Her favorite pastime is gathering and sharing gossip. Her primary source of information is the intraship communications that she has access to through her position as a communications officer, but she garners news from anyone who will talk to her and generously shares gossip with anyone who will listen. She also frequently hangs out in Double Shot, listening to the conversations as a means of obtaining intelligence on various relationships around the ship.
Her other hobbies include quilting and acting. She was in several amateur extracurricular productions in High School and at the Academy. She's also interested in starting a quilting circle on the USS Ronin, which would further her interests in both quilting and gossip.