|Full Name||Walter Marten Brunsig|
|Date of Birth||8th November|
|Birthplace||Cochem, Germany, Earth|
Walter Brunsig is currently assigned as the Commanding Officer of the USS Triumphant. In the past he has served aboard Astrofori One and the USS Drake as the Strategic Operations Officer, and Chief Tactical officer aboard the USS Eagle, Starbase 118 and the Triumphant. He is a human in his early forties and abrupt, gruff, sarcastic, downright rude... and incredibly good at his job.
- Height: 1.89m (6'2'')
- Build: Broad and muscular.
- Carriage: Long strides with lots of momentum
- Handedness: Right-handed.
- Hair Colour: Blond.
- Length of Hair: Short.
- Eye Colour: Blue.
- Skin Tone: Fair.
- Voice: Baritone, with a faded German accent.
- Birthmarks, Scars: None that he's showing you.
- Taste in Clothing (when off duty): Earth casual; shirts, slacks.
- Tattoos/Body Modifications: None.
Hobbies and Pastimes
- Music: Walter is an accomplished violist, though it is a hobby he is intensely private about and shares with exceptionally few people.
- Fitness: Since the academy, Walter has been a student of Lerdrit, and practices regularly. He also keeps in condition by lifting weights and running.
- Literature: A voracious reader, he is always part-way through at least one book at any given time, and his reading list is composed of authors from across the Federation.
Likes and Dislikes
- Music: Having played since he was young, music is an integral part of Walter's life.
- Drinking: Preferably alone, he enjoys a good brandy or whiskey.
- Social Situations: Hell is other people.
Walter travels light and keeps very little in the way of personal effects in his quarters. The furnishings are all standard-issue and he has made no effort to personalise his living space beyond the addition of a few decorations. A print of Vincent van Gogh's "The Starry Night" hangs on one wall, complemented by a "Starry Night Over the Rhone" on another. A pair of sturdy, post-eventualist, pre-Matoian sculptures from Bajor sit on a corner table by the sofa. His viola is kept well-protected in its case at all times when he isn't practising, hidden away and out of sight from prying eyes.
Walter usually works out of his ready room on the Triumphant. It is the epitome of efficiency; neat at all times, regardless of workload and completely lacking in any personal touches, except for a sturdy (often partially empty) decanter set.
- Father: Marten Brunsig
- Mother: Annalise Keller
- Step-Father: Daniel Wolff
- Sister: Emilie Brunsig (deceased)
- Children: None.
"She's probably one of the few people on this ship I can remotely stand." He half-grinned. "Apart from you, of course, sir." - Brunsig to Rhys
"So, it comes down to this. You're one of the very few people I call friend. One of the very few people who I can stand for more than ten minutes without wanting to choke someone ... and, in fairness, probably one of the few people who can stand me for more than five. Basically, if you need me here, Rocar, I'm here." - Brunsig to Rocar
One of Walter's few friends at the academy, the two formed a bond in the academy that continued into their separate careers.
"I've told you this before, Quinn. I'm not father material." - Brunsig to Quinn Reynolds
Despite his belief he'd be a terrible father, Walter found himself acting in that exact capacity to Dylan.
"“Be formal with your crew. I know formality comes very hard to you, Walter, but you’re not a chief tactical officer any more. You’re a Starfleet Captain, and you’ve got to keep your crew at arms length. Be friendly with them. Even be friends with them. But, when it comes down to it, you may be obliged to lay their lives on the line, and you’ve got to do it without a moment’s hesitation.” - Rhys to Brunsig
To this day, Rhys still sends Walter "care packages" from Bajor, which always includes a bottle of Bajoran brandy.
"Don't get too big for your boots, Vess. [...] I might not be aboard, but I'm still the captain of the Triumphant." - Brunsig to Vess
Two strong personalities with very defined opinions, Walter and Alucard Vess frequently butt heads when they come into contact with one another.
- Full Article: Timeline