- Planet Name: Vegath
- Location: Solerian Sector
- Class: M
- System Data: Vegath has three moons
- Gravity: 1.01 G
- Year and Day: 277/22
- Atmosphere: Nitrogen-oxygen atmosphere with ozone and carbon dioxide content, at Earth-normal pressure
- Hydrosphere: Moderate, with 76% surface water
- Climate: Cool and temperate
- Sapient Species: 890 000, mostly Caraadians
- Technological Classification: Rating M on the Richter Scale
- Government: Guild
- Culture: Colonial
- Affiliation: none
- Resources: foodstuffs, minerals, metals, medicinal goods
- Ship Facilities: Vegath has one minor land-based starport
Other Details: Vegath was originally settled as an agricultural colony, as the planet has an extremely agreeable climate and an abundance of arable land. Since the area is at the limits of known the sector space, the Vegathans had a greater measure of automony than the other sector worlds.
A small Caraadian military outpost was maintained on the southern continent of the planet, but was abandoned and destroyed nearly a hundred years ago; the Vegathans are an independent people, ruled by agricultural and mining guilds and almost universally indifferent about galactic politics.
Vegath's surface is covered by lush forests, towering mountain ranges, and fertile plains; the forests and mountains are virtually untamed, though the plains regions of the northern continent are almost exclusively cultivated land.