- Creating a basic bio is quick and easy to do! Wherever you see brackets below, just add in the text you need, replacing things like 'your name' or 'your ship' with the relevant information inside the coding provided, or follow the instructions given - then delete the brackets and any instructions inside them! Once you're done, you'll have a bare bones bio that you can build on using the FBC tutorials, getting tips from other people's bios or adding your own ideas! Click "edit" to get started! Good luck and enjoy!
(A table of contents will be automatically generated below this line - you won't see it in the edit window but it'll be right there once you save the page!)
Date of Birth: .
Place of Birth:
- Father: Unknown
- Mother: Unknown
(Whom does your character get on with or not get on with? For now, pick one member of your current crew and enter their name below, then describe the nature of your character's relationship with them.)
- In the coding above, delete two of the headings so that only one remains. You can then type here as if you were writing on notepad to drop in some information about your character. If you want to use bullets, copy and paste the star above. You can also look on the forums and the wiki for tutorials on how to use more adventurous coding. Want to include sections for Background, Personality AND Career History? Just copy the code for the title bar above, then paste it in type in the title you want - you can add extra sections in too!
- Below you'll see a table which contains images for rank pips - you can change the word 'Gold' for 'Red' or 'Teal' or one of the other colors listed earlier to match your duty post. Again, not all ranks are available in all colors and/or pipstyles. You can change pips from the default to a different style such as DS9, STO, Slanted, or FI by adding DS9, STO, Slanted, or FI after the color.
Awards & Service Ribbons
- For award descriptions, see: Awards and Service Ribbons
- (As you complete missions and continue to serve with the fleet, you'll earn various awards that you can post here, with the date you got them! You can list them in bullet point form here, use the same kind of table layout as the one for service history in the template above or come up with your own way!)
- Replace the links below with links to your own SIMs that you find memorable or are important to your character - you may want to add more as your time with the fleet goes on! You can find a complete archive of sims here at the SIM Archive.
- To end your bio, we're going to drop in some code here for your ship's crew template, which should appear at the bottom of your bio and will help members of the fleet easily browse other bios of your shipmates. Change the name of the ship below to whatever the name of your character's ship is, unless of course you've been assigned to the USS Gemini! Don't forget the letter suffix for your ship if yours has one (such as the USS Darwin-A).
- Lastly, don't forget including the proper categories! Find your character's species category listed here: Category:Individuals by species; your duty post listed here: Category:Individuals by occupation; and your ship characters category here: Category:Characters by ship.