Ensign Stephen Carmody is the current Assistant Chief Science Officer aboard the USS Victory.
- Full Name: Stephen Carmody
- Species: Terran
- Date of Birth: 236003.13
- Place of Birth: Swansea, Wales, United Kingdom, Earth
- Age: 27
- Gender: Male
- Telepathic Status: 0
- Height: 6'00"
- Weight: 200
- Hair Color: Brown
- Length of Hair: Regulation
- Eye Color: Green
- Skin Tone: Fair
- Birthmarks, Scars: No birthmarks. Scar on the palm of left hand which he refuses to have removed.
- Build: Muscular
- Face: Gentle, expressive
- Eyes: Soft green, can be penetrating when Carmody is focused on something.
- Mouth: Full-lipped, usually smiling
- Carriage: Erect, not only because of military position, but because of pride in clan chieftanship
- Poses (Hands/Gestures, Feet/Legs, Torso/Head): Usually relaxed, uses minimal gestures
- Taste in Clothing (when off duty): Soft fabrics, earth colors, tunic-style shirts
- Shoes: Depends upon activity
- Voice: Deeply masculine
- Handedness: Right
- Quarters: Simple, spare. Prominently-displayed personal articles, especially by daughter. Keeps a Hydrellian water-of-life plant, and has several dwarf trees, one an oak developed by his botanist mentor, John Henry Holliday. Clan ceremonial sword, Arianrhod, displayed in its scabbard.
- Favorite Room: Arboretum; In quarters, a comfortable sitting room.
- Habits: None that stand out.
- Mannerisms: None that stand out.
- Religion/Spiritual Devotion: Druid, handed down from his ancient Celtic past
- Hobbies and Pastimes: Loves horses, and has several at his Swansea stables in Wales. Is particularly fond of English Romantic literature, especially the poetry of Keats and Coleridge. Is very much interested in philosophy, too. Is quite romantic, but hesitant to get involved since his engagement when he served on the Ursa Major, and the subsequent ending of that relationship.
- Likes: Preparing his own food, reading in genuine bound books, philosophy, especially Spinoza, the pre-Socratics, gardening, swordsmanship
- Dislikes: People who pretend to know more than they do.
- Temperament: Generally easy-going.
- Mental problems (complexes and phobias): None. Has no real deep psychological issues. He bears a scar on the palm of his left hand which he refuses to have removed. It is the result of a childhood pledge of friendship with another youth, who was subsequently killed in Edinburgh in a bar brawl. Carmody retains the scar as a reminder of how deep friendship can be, and how fleetingly precious it is.
Though he doesn’t take his clan chieftanship seriously (it is largely ceremonial), he does deeply value the sword that symbolizes it. The sword itself is nearly a thousand years old, and only once did he consider destroying it—he fell in love with a medical officer on his previous ship, and made arrangements to have it melted and formed into a goblet and a set of rings. But the relationship ended, and the sword is still intact.
Carmody is quite single-minded when it comes to his work. He will work on a problem until it is solved, and if necessary, in extremis, will ask for help. He often becomes so engrossed, however, that he misses other things that are sometimes vital to him. He is aware of this defect, however, and is working to correct it.
- Physical Limitations: None
- Marital Status: Single
- Children: Eliza Susan Carmody, age 5
- Father: John David Carmody
- Mother: Amelia Jean (Barrett) Carmody
- Siblings: None
Carmody is a native of Wales, and is of a long ancestry of Welshmen, dating to the time when the Celts ruled Britannia. His family is a family of chiefs of the White Horse Clan, and Carmody currently is the ceremonial chief. He has in his possession the sword of the clan, Arianrhod, handed down through the centuries to the elder son of the Carmodys. The possession of the sword designates him as the head of the clan.
Carmody’s father is the head of the Life Sciences Department at Cardiff University, and works by project for StarFleet in the First Contact Division. His mother, also a full professor at Cardiff University, is a philosopher and poet of some renown. From them both, Carmody got his propensity for scientific enquiry, and his philosophical nature. He was always encouraged to explore the world in which he lived, and often spent summers at the family farm near Swansea, tending the horses and swimming in the Irish Sea. When Carmody decided he wanted to go to the Academy, both of his parents approved completely, only wishing for his happiness. When the opportunity arises, which is seldom, he always chooses to go home and spend time with his horses and his parents.
Carmody is also father to Eliza Carmody, offspring of the relationship between him and Susan Banks, former medical officer aboard the Ursa Major. She is a bright young girl, and like Carmody, deeply curious about the world she lives in.
- Date Graduated from Academy: 238801.04
- Current Rank: Ensign
- Current Assignment: USS Victory
- Duty Post: ACSO
- Ensign: 238309.07
- Lieutenant JG: 238312.07
- Lieutenant: 238405.19
- Lt. Commander: 238412.03
- Ensign: 238801.06
- Barclay Bead: 238312.07
- Purple Star: 238501.15
- Cochrane Award: 238412.07
Groups: USS Victory
|CO: Della Vetri||HCO: Position Available||CEO: Elya Tali||CST: Hugh Barnes||CMO: Jen Malcolm||CSO: T'Lea||Mar: Kagran|
|FO: Marcus Dickens||Helm: Position Available||Eng: Lucien Landau||Sec: Rebecca Gilaars||Med: Sariel Locke||Sci: Evanna Blackwood|
|Eng: Benjamin Okera||Tac: Eerie||Med: Chris O'Hanlon|
|Sec: Alexander Matthews||Cou: Arielle Teagan|