|Sakorra Jefferson Reed|
Sakorra Jefferson Reed is the strategic operations officer aboard the USS Gemini.
- Full Name: Sakorra Jefferson Reed
- Species: Vulcan
- Date of Birth: 234610.25
- Place of Birth: Vulcan
- Age: 49
- Gender: Female
- Telepathic status: T3
She recently carried out a mind meld. It was the first she'd ever had to direct, previously only being a recipient. She was also able to communicate telepathically with the half Vulcan, half Betazoid Commander T'Lara at one time, during a period of heightened distress on the commander's part, and she was able to feel the emotions of an emotionally unstable Vulcan. A recent encounter with an advanced telepathic species resulted in a traumatic severing of her telepathic bond to her husband, the Vulcan Solok. It has since been restored.
- Height: 5'7"
- Weight: 135
- Hair Color: dark brown
- Length of Hair: Extremely long
- Eye Color: brown
- Skin Tone: greenish bronze
- Birthmarks, Scars: One scar on scalp as a result of a head injury.
- Tattoos/Body Modifications: None
- Build: Tall, slender
- Face: Harsh
- Eyes: slanted Vulcan eyebrows
- Carriage: Walks quickly and with purpose, though not as rigidly as some Vulcans.
- Poses: Often arches an eyebrow or tilts her head when she hears something unusual or amusing.
- Taste in Clothing (when off duty): Tunic tops, with or without sleeves, silk drawstring pants
- Shoes: slip-on rope sandals
- Voice: often tinged with sarcasm or impatience
- Handedness: right
- Quarters: Ullian meditation orb and a holo of her father's starship sit on a small shelf. Vulcan chimes on a hexagonal frame in one corner. Small table, sometimes with a book, in another corner.
- Favorite Room:
- Mannerisms: Sakorra tends to look harsh and unapproachable.
- Physical Limitations: Being Vulcan, Sakorra is incredibly strong (as with the Vulcan norm, she is four times stronger than humans). This can be a negative thing, as she tends to forget her own strength.
- Temperment: Sakorra has a hot temper when she hasn't meditated. Other than that, she has a mild and cool temperament. She will never be as controlled as a Vulcan who regularly practices the disciplines. The violation of her DNA as a child and the results of two surgeries (one to transform her into a human, one to return her to her Vulcan state) resulted in irreparable (as of yet) damage to her neural pathways that prohibit her full assimilation of the Vulcan way.
- Habits: She frequently drinks a Vulcan version of a caramel frappachino.
- Religion/Spiritual Devotion: Sakorra was raised to believe in the Trinity. Once she went through her genetic change, she suffered spiritually, but she has sense combined her beliefs and the beliefs of her people into a new understanding of an all-powerful creator. Several years ago while on Vulcan, she had an encounter with a being she came to know as "the One," a spiritual essence that she learned later is known by many Vulcans.
Sakorra is difficult to analyze. One minute, she may be smiling and laughing, having a good time and conversation with you. The next, she may act as though she hardly knows you and you didn't just have this great conversation. Sometimes, she is cooly aloof, sometimes unforgivingly blunt and hot-tempered, and still other times, she is friendly and sweet-tempered. Her personality is a bit hard to pin down.
Hobbies and Pastimes
- Eyebrow Exercises
- Yes, Reed loves to get plenty of exercise by raising an individual eyebrow. Though she does tend to favor her right eyebrow, she is not discriminatory and will often exercise the left one as well, though very rarely will she exercise both at the same time.
Likes and Dislikes
- The Vulcan Hypothesis
- Presupposition: All Vulcans have no emotion. Sakorra absolutely hates this mindset. She is the first to point out that Vulcans do indeed have emotions, quite strong ones, in point of fact, and it is a blessing and curse that she must daily endure. Most Vulcans have been raised their entire lives to control their emotions. Reed did not have that luxury, and so she is a Vulcan who can get quite emotional. She's had people say, "Oh, she must be Romulan" because she showed some emotion. And she is sick and tired of the strange looks she gets when she smiles or laughs...or yes, gets angry.
Ambitions and Goals
Reed's most fervent goal is to find her missing adoptive father. Missing for nearly 24 years, she holds hope of finding Michael Reed, but a new lead has given her cause to believe that she will not find him alive. Amendment: On Stardate 238810.12, Sakorra received news on Vulcan that her father's ship had been sighted for approximately 3.72 seconds. The tactical officer on duty's report showed the presence of tachyon emissions. The ship was believed to possess a cloak that malfunctioned for the amount of time that the ship was sighted.
Personal Achievements and Disappointments
Sakorra is happy with the adjustment she has made to her biological Vulcan genetics. Growing up human was difficult, and though the transformation back to her Vulcan self and the journey she has gone through in recent years has been hard, Sakorra feels that she is more herself now. Her disappointment, though, is the belief she has that she is responsible for the mental illness her husband suffered in the past. She believes that her own mental troubles caused unnecessary strain on him. In addition, he decided to go the way of the Kohlinaru and became an initiate. He was successful in the program and emerged even less in touch with his emotions than he already was. Sakorra, having little training in emotion suppression and unable to complete said training due to the damage to her neural pathways, feels things keenly, and this has caused no little amount of estrangement between the bonded couple.
Recently, Sakorra had suffered from her inattention to the disciplines and their importance. Her emotions were raw, bordering on out of control. She was able to hold it together while she was on duty, but often found herself overly emotional at home, in a way that had negatively affected her relationship with her grandfather and her husband, who believed at the time that her son would be better off being raised by her grandfather on Vulcan. The knowledge that they went behind her back to discuss this coupled with her husband's inattention, coldness, and disapproval of her struck at her heart.
More recently telepathic attacks while held captive by a species the crew of Starbase 118 inadvertantly discovered had left her neural pathways open and raw, prompting hallucinations and extreme heights of temper. Drawing on old lessons from an unconventional Vulcan healer, Sakorra sought treatment from the adepts at Mt. Seleya, and their lessons, coupled with a spiritual encounter with an ancient power set her back on the path of the Vulcan disciplines.
Personal Amendment: While stationed for a short time together on Starbase 118, Sakorra and Solok were reunited. Both admitted their mistakes of the past. Solok and Sakorra opened their minds to each other and a long-standing rift between the bonded couple was mended. The two Vulcans are now as deeply connected as is intended for a bonded couple. Their differences understood and accepted by the other, Solok and Sakorra share a closeness and a friendship in their relationship that has not existed since they were first bonded, and has perhaps never existed until this time.
- Marital Status: Married
Solok and Sakorra have one son, born 238404.12 at 2332 hours in the medical bay at DS17. His name is Sabek.
Sakorra's biological mother, T'Prehr, was an operative for the reunification effort on Romulus. Sakorra remembers very little about her mother. The last time she saw her was when she was three years old. She learned recently that her mother's shuttle was destroyed by a Romulan warship commander only twelve hours after Sakorra was genetically altered to appear as though she was Michael and Denara's biological child.
Sakorra's biological father, Saavok, was in the same destroyed shuttle as his wife. He was also an operative for the reunification effort. It is believed that Saavok and his wife may have become unstable in the last months of their life, leading to the irrational decision to alter their daughter's genetics after an attempt on her life.
Sakorra's adoptive father, Michael Reed, became the captain of the USS Fury. His wife, Denara, had taken the children back to Earth to live with their grandparents when his ship went missing. It is presumed that it was last seen near Romulus and that it had defected from Starfleet orders. Michael loved the child Sakorra. He renamed her Jefferson, and though his wife often begged him to return the child to Vulcan, Michael refused.
Sakorra's adoptive mother is an instructor at Starfleet Academy. Over the years, she grew to hate Sakorra. She believed that Sakorra would eventually cause them their deaths. After her husband's disappearance, her hatred grew, and Sakorra ended up living with her grandparents permanantly. Denara constantly belittled her and later was required to go through an extensive investigation regarding Sakorra's genetic tampering. Her role caused her a slight loss of rank.
Adoptive brother: Lt. Lincoln Reed, SB118. Lincoln lost his fiance, Jandra Zak, due to a hate crime attack on Trill against joined Trills. He suffered for many years, but eventually began to heal. He recently began a relationship with Kiarna Taiven, sister of his deceased fiance, but that quickly died, as all he could see when he looked at Kiarna was Jandra.
Adoptive sister: Reagan Reed, Risa. Reagan was the only one in the family to forego Starfleet. She moved to Risa and officially represents the "pleasure planet." Sakorra does not agree with her lifestyle decision and detests the planet.
- Jefferson was born on Vulcan, but at three years of age, her DNA was altered to disguise her as Michael Reed's biological child after a threat on her life, an act her Vulcan grandfather later referred to as a highly illogical and disturbed action. Jefferson grew up with behavioral and emotional difficulties. The difficulties escalated when her father’s starship, the USS Fury, disappeared without a trace. It has not been seen or heard from since.
Her family being a Starfleet family, she entered the academy and did well, though she had no friends. After her cadet cruise, she was assigned to the USS Kodiak. During a mission, she received an electrical shock which caused her latent Vulcan DNA to overtake her manufactured Terran DNA. The process nearly took her life, but with expert medical care, she emerged from her treatment as a full-fledged Vulcan, no physical trace evident of her former Terran self. Mentally, things were not as seamless. Though now having answers for why she had never adjusted to a Terran lifestyle, Ms. Reed now had the task of integrating her two identities, Jefferson Reed and the Vulcan Sakorra. It took several years and visits to Vulcan to work with healers and Vulcan adepts in the mental disciplines before she was able to finally be at peace with her life.
She was able to make friends and a home for herself on the Kodiak and eventually married in a traditional bonding ceremony on Vulcan to Lt. Commander Solok, the doctor who had treated her and assisted her in the Vulcan mental disciplines. Though Vulcan, Sakorra has kept many of her Terran tendencies. She is a Vulcan who smiles, laughs, and gets angry (though perhaps less often now that she has resumed the Vulcan disciplines), and though she never knew her Vulcan parents, she and her grandfather, Ambassador Satelk, share a loving, yet many times strained, relationship.
- Date Graduated from Academy: 238010.05
- Current Rank: Lieutenant
- Current Assignment: USS Drake
- Duty Post: Chief of Security
Awards & Commendations
- The Order of StarFleet Merit and Achievement 1: 2004
- B-Plot Award: 2004, 2005
- Sisko Tactical Cross: 2004
- The Silver Palm: 2006
- Nebula Bar: 2007
|NPC Listing · USS Gemini Crew Manifest · Crew History