SIM:Lael Rosek - Lessons on the Bunny Slope Part II (Gorkon)
"Lessons on the Bunny Slope, Part I"
|Lieutenant Junior Grade Lael Rosek
USS Gorkon NCC 82293
"Anything But A Simple First Date"
OOC: Takes place after “Sickbay Shenanigans”
((Alexander’s Quarters, USS Gorkon))
Dalton: Why are they even called that, anyway?
Rosek: ::shrugs:: When you first learn, you’re kinda hoping like a bunny more than doing real jumps...not sure where the name actually comes from…
Alexander: ::smirks:: Comes from the term of endearment for a woman or a child. Easy, gentle, soft…
Dalton: Right. So...starting there?
Rosek: ::shrugs:: Sure. Waiting for my date to show up anyway.
Alexander: ::arches an eyebrow:: You have a date? With who?
Rosek: ::grins impishly:: Now that would be telling, wouldn’t it? ::to Tobian:: Come on, counselor. Let’s get you some skis...or would you prefer snowboarding?
Dalton: ::drops his gaze to the snow, suddenly embarrassed by how little snow activity he’s had over the course of his existence.:: Haven’t done that either.
Rosek: Well, skiing is easy to learn and hard to master. Snowboarding, it’s the opposite. Tougher to learn, but easy to master.
Dalton: I’m a beginner. Whichever works.
Rosek: ::nods:: Okay. Try out skiing first...see how you like it.
((Later, Bunny Slopes, Mindirra Mountain Range, Palanon))
- Lael laid her skis down and strapped them on, as did Dassa, both then turning to Tobian.::
- Tobian laid his down and strapped the strange-looking apparatus to his feet, fumbling a bit with the fasteners because he hadn’t mastered the fine motor skills with gloves on.::
- Dassa leaned down to help, the two at last managing to secure them tightly.::
Alexander: ::lays a hand on his shoulder and brushes his lips with hers, then murmurs:: Don’t be. I’m happy to help.
Dalton: Right. Where were we?
Alexander: Okay...try this on a flat surface first. Knees slightly bent, don't lean back and just push your skis forward through the snow.
- He nodded and attempted to comply. One of the things he was mildly paranoid about was his footing.::
Dalton: Feet close together or further apart?
Rosek: Normal width.
- He nodded and slid his feet to normal width, then attempted the bent knee thing again.::
Alexander: ::nods:: Good. Now push forward...one ski at a time.
- He nodded again and did as instructed, sliding forward a few inches. It felt strange and unnatural because of the snow.::
Dalton: Weird sensation.
Alexander: ::smiles:: It takes some getting used to, yes.
- He gave a shrug and tried a few more “steps” on the flat surface before he got the hang of it. Sort of. Enough to not make a fool of himself. Might have a bit of trouble stopping on a hill, but otherwise felt he had it down.::
Alexander: ::murmurs:: Do you want to try the bunny hill, love?
Dalton: One more question. How does stopping work?
Alexander: Bend your knees more and clench them together. Then turn your skis tips inward to form an arrow of sorts and lean forward until you stop.
- Dassa slid forward, then demonstrated the stop.::
- Tobian nodded and tried moving forward then stopping a couple times to make sure he got the hang of it.::
Alexander: ::grins and kisses his cheek:: Brilliant! Think you’re ready for the next step?
Dalton: Down the hill? Guess so.
Alexander: ::nods:: Bunny slope. Baby steps, love. Baby steps.
- He nodded and tried to to read too deeply into the conversation. He wasn’t ready for kids, despite the fact that he had previously planned on having a large family one day. Nearly nineteen years, but for now he kept his thoughts on his footing as he followed her lead.::
- They approached the small slope and Dassa came to stand right beside him.::
Alexander: Okay. Now take what you just did...and apply it to this hill.
Dalton: Right… ::He dug his poles into the ground and pushed off, using his momentum to pull them out at the right moment as he started slowly down the hill.::
- He started off alright, getting a little shaky toward the end, but nevertheless making it down the hill.::
Dalton: ::coming to a complete stop, winded.:: Wow...what an experience….
Alexander: ::laughs:: Don’t get too excited. You’ve got a ways to go.
- His eyes widened with dread. That meant the next step was probably going to be him strapping a board to his feet and falling on his face a few dozen times before she pushed him down the hill.::
Dalton: You’re messing with me, right? You aren’t going to ask me to try a snowboard and push me off next, are you?
Alexander: ::smirks and nudges him:: Don’t tempt me.
Dalton: Oh please no…. ::He shivered slightly, the cold starting to not agree with him.:: What say we get some cocoa or something, yeah? It’s...cold...out here…
Rosek: ::whines:: Come on. We’ve barely been out here a half hour.
Dalton: ::shivering again.:: I’m losing motor control in my fingers.
Alexander: ::takes his hand in hers and blows warm air onto them, then turns to Lael:: Have a heart, Lael. He’s probably not used to it being this cold.
Rosek: ::mutters:: Fair enough. At least tell me we can get some more ski time in tomorrow.
Alexander: ::nods:: Of course.
Dalton: ::shivered again:: I’ll bring thicker gloves tomorrow….
Rosek: ::smiles wanly:: You don’t have to come out again if you don’t want. ::pauses:: As bummed as I’ll be, I can always hit the slopes with Anjar instead.
Dalton: I don’t mind...just...warmth is good…
Alexander: ::kisses his fingertips:: All right, love. Let’s get you inside. I’m starved anyway. Maybe some supper?
Dalton: ::nodding:: Sounds good to me…
- Dassa first unstrapped her skis, then helping Tobian with his before rising and brushing a kiss across his temple.::
Alexander: ::murmurs:: In the mood for anything specific? I hear the replicators in the rooms are programmed with more options than the ship's replicators.
Dalton: Something warm… ::He kissed her gently, before shoving his hands in his pockets. He wasn’t used to the cold at all.::
LtJG Dassa Alexander ChD, PD, PDS Medical Officer USS Gorkon I238110RH0
Lieutenant Commander Tobian Dalton Counselor USS Gorkon O239002CS0 http://wiki.starbase118.net/wiki/index.php/ Tobian_Dalton
PNPC LtJG Lael Rosek HCO Officer USS Gorkon
As simmed by Dassa Alexander