SIM:Lael Rosek - Anything But A Simple First Date (Gorkon)
"Lessons on the Bunny Slope, Part II"
|Lieutenant Junior Grade Lael Rosek
USS Gorkon NCC 82293
OOC: Takes place after "Coffee Break".
((Lael’s Room, Ski Resort, Mindirra Mountain Range, Palanon))
- Finally, after two weeks of endless flirtation, she’d agreed to go out with Nefan. One date, she’d said. Of course, that was before Jansen had popped back into her life...and not entirely unwelcome. She’d missed him more than she’d cared to admit and the added bombshell that he’d had no intention of breaking up with her that night, simply suggesting a long engagement as she herself was already considering…::
- She shook the thought from her head. At least there was no chance that she’d run into Jansen at the ski resort’s lounge. She hadn’t seen his name on the list of people heading down for leave. She knew him well enough to know that his choice wasn’t made to avoid her. Though she did admit to curiosity about his motive for staying behind.::
- Redirecting her attention to the long night ahead, she searched her suitcase for something appropriate to wear for a first date. She hadn’t had many, to be honest, as most of her experience with romance was pure sex. Even her relationship with and marriage to Jensar had been motivated more by meeting physical needs than emotional ones.::
- She paused thoughtfully, considering where they were going. Lael had wanted a quiet dinner in her room, but Nefan had insisted that they have dinner somewhere nice. It was just a bonus that it was very public, she thought rolling her eyes. The addition of the local musician that would be playing enhanced the “date” aspect of this little rendezvous. A fact that she wasn’t at all pleased with.::
- In the end, she donned her favorite dark green cable-knit sweater and a pair of dark jeans along with a pair of brown ankle boots. Satisfied with her outfit she began to apply her make-up and style her hair. She then slipped on a pair of gold hoop earrings, her gaze dropping to the pink tourmaline and sapphire hearts pendant that hung around her neck on a thin gold chain. She smiled, clutching it tightly. She never took it off. It was far too precious to risk losing.::
((Flashback, Corridor, USS Gorkon, Six months earlier…))
::Jansen laughed a little as he and Lael made their way down the corridor. It had been a long exciting day so far and wasn’t quite over yet. They had started with lunch in the ship’s lounge before going on a hike in a brilliant deciduous forest on Holodeck 6. Now they were closing in on his quarters. They had stopped briefly to let Lael get a change of clothes but he had insisted she let him cook dinner for her as well and she could use his shower.::
ORREY: Are we having a good time? ::Jansen softly rubbed the hand wrapped around his arm as he smiled at her.::
- Lael sighed and leaned into him, burying her face in his shoulder. She wanted to commit every moment with him to memory--the sound of his voice, the feel of his hand grasping hers, the scent of his aftershave.::
ROSEK: ::murmurs:: Always.
ORREY: Good good. ::They reached his quarters and he opened the door waving her in ahead of him.:: Right, you know where everything is, so go ahead and clean up and I will get us some food together, yes?
- Lael smiled and nodded, moving toward the bathroom. She glanced at his counter with his personal care products lined up neatly. She could easily envision what the space would look like if they shared it. In fact, she could picture regular shared showers. Humming happily, she stripped and entered the shower, scrubbing her hair. She couldn’t remember when she’d been happier.::
- Jansen spent the time she was in the shower sorting out and setting up some of her favorite dishes from her off hand comment about her favorite style of food on one of their earlier outings. By the time she rejoined him, he had a Curried Coconut Chicken with Basil Rolls and Hosin-peanut sauce for the main dinner but had decided to wait for her to pick their drinks.::
- By the time she emerged from the shower, she was glad she’d exchanged her earlier outfit for a pair of chocolate brown trousers and her favorite pale pink tunic, then slipping into a pair of light pink slip-on Vans. Wanting a more casual look, she’d skipped her usual makeup routine in favor of a champagne pink lip gloss and a thin line of black eyeliner.::
- She re-entered the living area only to be assaulted by the scents of curry and peanuts. She smiled. He remembered.::
ROSEK: Mmm. Smells amazing.
ORREY: ::Jansen smiled and nodded his head as he turned.:: I am glad you think so. ::He carries over a small plate which he promptly handed over.:: Spring Rolls to tide you over while I clean up. Why don’t you pick our drinks for us this evening?
ROSEK: ::takes a Spring Roll and bites it:: Mmm. ‘Kay. ::wanders toward the replicator and pauses a moment:: o0What the hell?0o
- Jansen paused in his bedroom only long enough to grab one of his typical off duty outfits with a broad smile at what she was probably finding in the little snack he left her as he stepped into the welcomingly relaxing shower.::
- Lael paused and examined the Spring Roll to find something inside. Arching an eyebrow, she dug inside, pulling until she revealed a thin gold chain upon which hung two half-carat stones, a pink tourmaline and a sapphire. Setting the spring roll aside, she examined the necklace more carefully, cradling it like a precious newborn. The stones were clear as a summer’s day and each was cut in the shape of a heart. She’d never been a big fan of tourmaline, but Jansen had managed to make it look like the world’s most beautiful treasure. She grinned and laid the necklace down to order their drinks. Since he was the one who had given her the necklace, it was only fair that he have the honor of putting it on her.::
ROSEK: Donnhoff Riesling, chilled, two.
- Jansen didn’t take long to feel refreshed in the shower and stepped back into the living area not long after he left it, rolling up the sleeves of his shirt and pulling slightly on his vest to move it into place over his blue jeans.::
ORREY: What did you pick for us?
ROSEK: I thought a nice Riesling would go well with the food.
- She turned, stopping when she noticed his outfit. He really was too handsome for his own good. She nearly dropped the glasses.::
ORREY: That sounds lovely to me. ::He moved over and took one of the glasses from her.:: Would you like to eat, or should we sit and finish the appetizers?
- She sat her glass down and picked up the necklace, then moved toward him and turned so that her back was to him.::
ROSEK: ::murmurs:: First things first.
- Jansen took the necklace from her with a smile and slowly and softly slipped it around her neck. He took a step closer to her to focus on the clasp and fastened it before slowly stepped back away from her so she could turn again.::
ORREY: How is that?
ROSEK: ::fingers the necklace:: It’s beautiful. ::turns and wraps her arms around his neck, then brushes her lips against his:: Thank you.
ORREY: You are welcome. ::He leaned in and softly, barely pressed his lips against hers as he gave her a gentle hug.:: So dinner?
ROSEK: ::smiles:: Mmm hmm.
- She pulled away slowly, then moved to take her seat at the table, grabbing her glass of Riesling and taking a sip.::
- A sad smile slid across her lips at the memory. Such a simple moment. And yet, she’d never been happier than she had been that night. Just them. No outside distractions. No red alerts sending them to battle stations on opposite ends of the ship…::
- At that precise moment, the door chime echoed throughout the room.::
- Nefan entered wearing an excited grin and Lael almost felt guilty for basking so shamelessly in the memory of a night with another man that now seemed a lifetime ago. Nefan was dressed smartly in a cream-colored mockneck tunic, dark jeans and a chocolate brown leather jacket with a mustard yellow scarf wrapped around his neck. To protect his hands from the cold, he wore black leather gloves.::
Rosek: You’re dressed warm.
Venal: ::grins:: Ready?
Rosek: ::nods:: Whenever you are.
((Mini Time Jump, Starlight Lounge, Ski Resort, Mindirra Mountain Range, Palanon))
- Nefan hadn’t been able to take his eyes off of her all night. She was beautiful, funny, smart and damn sexy. How she was still single, he didn’t know. Since he’d first laid eyes on her in the Officer’s Lounge a little over three weeks ago, he hadn’t been able to stop thinking about her. It was utterly maddening. She haunted nearly every waking moment and many sleeping moments.::
- Lael’s gaze wandered around the lounge, studying the decor. She had tried her best to give Nefan all of her focus, but her mind just refused to stop wandering to thoughts of a certain blue-eyed doctor. As sweet and charming as Nefan was, he just wasn’t Jansen. The beginning strains of a lulling melody filled the Lounge and her gaze met Nefan’s as he laid a hand on top of hers.::
Venal: ::murmurs:: Would you like to dance?
- She smiled wanly and nodded. Hiding her feelings behind a mental barrier, she rose and allowed him to lead her onto the dance floor. A blush crept into her cheeks as his hands slid to her waist, hers sliding to his shoulders.::
- As the song progressed, he grasped her right hand in his left and brought their bodies closer, the hand at her waist sliding around to press into the middle of her back. Her breath hitched slightly at the intimate touch, her gaze dropping briefly from his before meeting it again. She shivered when she saw his eyes fall to her lips, his tongue peeking out briefly to moisten his own.::
Rosek: o0Oh God! He’s going to...0o
- Before she could finish the thought, he was leaning in. Panicking, she turned her head abruptly so that instead of his lips meeting hers, he instead kissed the corner of her mouth. She froze, pushing him away. Anxious, her gaze dropped from his.::
Rosek: ::murmurs:: I...I think you better take me back to my room now.
- Nefan sighed and nodded.::
- She rushed out of the Lounge ahead of him, not even glancing back to see if he was following her.::
PNPC LtJG Lael Rosek HCO Officer USS Gorkon
As simmed by Dassa Alexander I238110RH0
PNPC LtJG Nefan Venal Diplomatic Officer USS Gorkon
As simmed by Dassa Alexander I238110RH0