- Creating a basic bio is quick and easy to do! Wherever you see brackets below, just add in the text you need, replacing things like 'your name' or 'your ship' with the relevant information inside the coding provided, or follow the instructions given - then delete the brackets and any instructions inside them! Once you're done, you'll have a bare bones bio that you can build on using the FBC tutorials, getting tips from other people's bios or adding your own ideas! Click "edit" to get started! Good luck and enjoy!
Ensig Rion Sladek is currently serving as a Medical Officer aboard Starbase 118 Ops. (A table of contents will be automatically generated below this line - you won't see it in the edit window but it'll be right there once you save the page!)
- Height: 5”11
- Hair: Bald/Blue
- Eyes: Greenish yellow
Whom does your character get on with or not get on with? For now, pick one member of your current crew and enter their name below, then describe the nature of your character's relationship with them.
- Biological father: Vaf Sladek and Biological mother is Shoxin Sladek But due to coparenting and the Bolian society Rion has many mothers and fathers.
- Spouse: N/A
- Children: N/A
CHRONOLOGICAL HISTORY: Rion Sladek was born into an affluent, wealthy Bolian family. To say that he was born in a loving home would be an understatement. Whenever one father was out on business, there was always someone there to be there for Rion. It was a classic Bolian household. He lived in the southern hemisphere of Bolarus IV in Leurbost, in a sprawling compound with his uncles, aunts, and grandparents.
Rion grew up with the Sladek family, earning his living by trading mostly peaceful goods. He often traveled with the family and learned all about the business firsthand. From an early age, he helped by raising his siblings, and he expressed his opinions in the family business. During the Dominion War, they assigned Rion and his brother Morru on a riskier trade deal with the then neutral Romulans. The Sladek family had control of many mines that produced Andeiite and many other minerals. From pretty gems to more useful items that could power starships. Andeiite was one of those minerals, andeitte was usually a mineral that is transformed into jewels for decorative purposes. However, when properly processed andeitte turns into Comatite. It could be used to make Nullifier Cores and Romulan weapons. Seeing as a war with the Romulans was near, Rion knew that the Sladek family could provide high-quality comatite for the new starships. The Deal went through with no glitches because the Romulan Senators they met with agreed and were impressed with the processed Comatite. On the trip back while Rion and his brother were celebrating on their cruiser. Dominion warships ambushed them in the Bolarus sector. The Sladek brother’s ship stood no chance as the Dominion ripped apart their ship. Gravely injuring Morru, when the ship was about to implode. The Sixth Fleet came out of nowhere and saved Rion and his brother Morru, risking themselves.
Both of the Bolians were treated in the Starships sickbay, which was Rion’s first true interaction with the selfless Starfleet and Starfleet Medical. They showed Rion the Starfleet ship after things died down. This meeting shook him because all he had known was his family and the business aspects. He rarely dealt with Starfleet outside Starfleet Customs. But never like this, never so up close and seeing them do their jobs. Through the whole healing process, Rion watched the doctors treat him and his brother, becoming fascinated with every moment. The culture, the selflessness, the technological advances, the tales of the crew. The ship transported the two Bolians back to the homeworld after Morru was stable enough to leave. Leaving Rion much to think about. For the next five years, Rion warred within himself about leaving his family unit, his way of life for over 35 years, leaving Bolarus IX to join Starfleet, and sacrificing his position in his family. He spent his time at night studying, learning as much as he could about Starfleet, the Humans, and the founding members of the United Federation of Planets.
When he finally decided that he could and would leave his unit to go join Starfleet Medical. The patriarchal father went down from a horrible case of Tulurian flu. Rion put his life on hold to ensure his family would survive and the business. He spent the next ten years stabilizing their business and growing it, teaching his brother all that he knew of the business. He practically threw himself back into the business, as any good Bolian would do. The thought of Starfleet the farthest from his mind at this point. Until, while on DS9, he collapsed after a bout of Tulumian flu, and Starfleet was right there to help him. Starfleet was right there to save him. Starfleet nursed him back to health and then some. Even went through a recovery program. He spent much of his time talking to the Starfleet nurses and doctors, falling in love with medicine once again. But least of all, he wanted to join their cause. The thoughts of him nearly 15 years earlier, wanting to join Starfleet, came back to him. The nights he poured over research, medical journals, pouring over Starfleet’s greatest captains, the great things Starfleet did. And where was he now? Still stuck in the same rut. The next day, after leaving the sickbay, he announced to his family that he was joining Starfleet Medical and stepping down from the family business. He knew it was now or never and he knew he would be happier helping people, trying to cure people, and being there like Starfleet was for them. His family vehemently opposed his decision to abandon his business and negotiate a career in favor of becoming a doctor. They thought they could enlist him as a Bolian ambassador, even a Starfleet ambassador. But Rion knew that was what his heart desired.
Despite not knowing what to expect, he took to Starfleet as any Bolian would. Hardworking and intensely focused. He got a degree in medicine with a minor in counseling/psychology, capable of consulting with aliens and helping people out. He had to put his prior skills to use someow.
- Below you'll see a table which contains images for rank pips - you can change the word 'Gold' for 'Red' or 'Teal' or one of the other colors listed earlier to match your duty post. More instructions about how to use the service record template can be found at Template:Service Record.
|Starfleet Service Record
Awards & Service Ribbons
- (We've gone ahead and filled in your first service ribbon: the Starfleet Academy Graduate Ribbon. As you complete missions and continue to serve with the fleet, you'll earn additional awards and service ribbons that you can post here, with the date you got them! For full instructions on how to add more awards and service ribbons, check out Template:Ribbons Display.)
|Awards and Service Ribbons|
- Replace the links below with links to your own SIMs that you find memorable or are important to your character - you may want to add more as your time with the fleet goes on! You can find a complete archive of sims here at the SIM Archive.
- Title of First SIM - (Stardate and brief description of what happens)
- Title of Second SIM - (Stardate and brief description of what happens)
- To end your bio, we're going to drop in some code here for your ship's crew template, which should appear at the bottom of your bio and will help members of the fleet easily browse other bios of your shipmates. Change the name of the ship below to whatever the name of your character's ship is, unless of course you've been assigned to the USS Gemini! Don't forget the letter suffix for your ship if yours has one (such as the USS Darwin-A).
|NPC Listing · StarBase 118 Ops Crew Manifest · Crew History