- Creating a basic bio is quick and easy to do! Wherever you see brackets below, just add in the text you need, replacing things like 'your name' or 'your ship' with the relevant information inside the coding provided, or follow the instructions given - then delete the brackets and any instructions inside them! Once you're done, you'll have a bare bones bio that you can build on using the FBC tutorials, getting tips from other people's bios or adding your own ideas! Click "edit" to get started! Good luck and enjoy!
Ensig Rion Sladek is currently serving as a Medical Officer aboard Starbase 118 Ops. (A table of contents will be automatically generated below this line - you won't see it in the edit window but it'll be right there once you save the page!)
- Height: 5”11
- Hair: Bald/Blue
- Eyes: Greenish yellow
Whom does your character get on with or not get on with? For now, pick one member of your current crew and enter their name below, then describe the nature of your character's relationship with them.
- Hattu Sladek
- Vaf Sladek
- Riamia Sladek
- Morru Sladek
- Griku Sladek
- Zaidaw Sladek
- Zailar Sladek
- Lokia Sladek
- Spouse: N/A
- Children: N/A
Rion Sladek was born into an affluent, wealthy Bolian family. To say that he was born in a loving and caring home would be an understatement. Whenever one father was out on business, there was always someone there to be there. It was a classic Bolian household, living with uncles, aunts, grandparents.
But above all the household centered around the family business. He was taken all around the galaxy, meeting new people, watching the business day-to day. From an early age, he started to help the business helping raise his younger brothers.
During the Dominion war, Rion was assigned on a riskier trade deal with the then neutral Romulans. He took his brother, Morru with him. It went well till they landed near the Bolarus system, a dominion attack cruiser attacked his ship, severely damaging the ship, his brother, and him. When it was looking dire, a few ships from the sixth fleet saved him and his brother barely getting them out before the ship exploded. They were treated in the sickbay of the ship which was Rion’s first true interaction with the selfless Starfleet. This encounter shook him because all he had known was his family, the business aspects, and Bolia. He of course had interactions with other people but. Never like this, never so up close and seeing them do their jobs.
Rion through the entire process watched the doctors treat him and his brother getting fascinated with every minute. Just like the ship saved them, they transported the two Bolians back to the home world. Leaving Rion much to think about
For the next five years, Rion warred within himself about leaving his family unit, his way of life for more than 35 years, leaving Bolia to join Starfleet, and sacrificing his position in his family. He spent his time at night studying, learning as much as he could about Starfleet, the Humans, and the founding members of the United Federation of Planets.
When he finally decided that he could and would decide to leave his unit to go join Starfleet Medical. The father that mainly dealt in the business side down from a horrible case of Tulurian flu. Rion, put his life on hold to ensure his family would survive and the business. He spent the next ten years stabilizing their business and growing it, teaching his brother all what he knew of the business, he practically threw himself back into the business as any good Bolian would do. The thought of Starfleet the farthest from his mind at this point. That was until while on DS9, he collapsed on the promenade due to a bad bout of the Tulurian flu, and once again. Starfleet nursed him back to health in their sickbay, he spent many of his time talking to the nurses and doctors, falling in love with the medical side once again.
The thoughts of him nearly 15 years earlier, wanting to join Starfleet came back to him. The nights he poured over research, medical journals. And where was he now? The next day after leaving the sickbay, he announced to his family that he was joining Starfleet Medical and stepping down from the family business. He knew that it was either now or never and he knew he would be happier helping people, trying to cure people, or eve
His family vehemently rejected this notion of throwing out his business career and his career as a negotiator to become a doctor. They tried to reason with Rion, they were sure that they could wiggle him to become a Bolians ambassador, maybe they could pull some strings to become a Starfleet ambassador easily. But, Rion wanted to become a doctor, he knew that was where his heart was calling for.
He abandoned his old life, his luxuries, his unit to go onto a new adventure. Not knowing what he will face or who he will become in the process.
He took to Starfleet like any Bolian would, hard working and hyperfocused, knowing what was on the line. He decided to get a major in Medicine becoming a physician with a minor in counseling/psychology, talking to aliens and helping people through problems was what he once was good at. It seemed like a good fit for him.
- Below you'll see a table which contains images for rank pips - you can change the word 'Gold' for 'Red' or 'Teal' or one of the other colors listed earlier to match your duty post. More instructions about how to use the service record template can be found at Template:Service Record.
|Starfleet Service Record
Awards & Service Ribbons
- (We've gone ahead and filled in your first service ribbon: the Starfleet Academy Graduate Ribbon. As you complete missions and continue to serve with the fleet, you'll earn additional awards and service ribbons that you can post here, with the date you got them! For full instructions on how to add more awards and service ribbons, check out Template:Ribbons Display.)
|Awards and Service Ribbons|
- Replace the links below with links to your own SIMs that you find memorable or are important to your character - you may want to add more as your time with the fleet goes on! You can find a complete archive of sims here at the SIM Archive.
- Title of First SIM - (Stardate and brief description of what happens)
- Title of Second SIM - (Stardate and brief description of what happens)
- To end your bio, we're going to drop in some code here for your ship's crew template, which should appear at the bottom of your bio and will help members of the fleet easily browse other bios of your shipmates. Change the name of the ship below to whatever the name of your character's ship is, unless of course you've been assigned to the USS Gemini! Don't forget the letter suffix for your ship if yours has one (such as the USS Darwin-A).
|NPC Listing · StarBase 118 Ops Crew Manifest · Crew History