In 2011, the Captains Council approved an overhaul of the Community Awards. Many awards which had a long history with the group were retired, and are not being awarded after the 2010 ceremony. Recipients of these awards will still appear in the main list of award recipients.
Retired General Awards
- The Order of Starfleet Merit and Achievement Second Class (TOSMA II): This award is for members who show a high level of enthusiasm in their writing and plot development. A candidate for the TOMSA II regularly contributes to the plot in solid ways, and helps keep the plot and energy on-board the ship at a high level.
- The Barclay Bead: Given to those officers who have improved their methods of simming since their acceptance into StarFleet.
- The Purple Star: Given to an officer who shows extreme courage to finish a task/mission after having become injured.
- The Merria Medallion: An award for those who excel or contribute considerably to the field of Computer Engineering and Programming. For creative innovators.
Retired Special Awards
- The Data Artistic Award: Rewarded to any officer in the fleet who has made a consistent effort to enter each of the bi-monthly writing challenges. Most notably, the officer must have continued participation even if their submissions were not picked as the winner, thus sticking with the challenge and always giving other something exciting to read.
- The Kalendra Award: Awarded to a simmer who has performed (on more than one occasion) devious, unexpected plot twists. The simmer must have shown an ability to surprise their colleagues with clever plot twists that were relevant and plausible, given a particular plot. The Kalendra Award was retired in 2016 and replaced by the Q Award, a general award.
Retired Staff Awards
The Karagite Order of Heroism
- The Federation Peace Medal: For commanding officers who set a personal example of fostering, peace, mutual respect, and cooperation among divergent species.
- The Andorian Battle Star: For commanding officers of StarFleet vessels who have demonstrated superior tactical ability in a combat situation.
- The Karagite Order of Heroism: Given to individuals who have shown conspicious heroism in defense of Federation worlds and their populations in times of conflict.