Nash Avery Blaxland (born October 10, 2348) is a human journalist with a career spanning over 20 years. Since 2392, Blaxland has been a correspondent for the Federation News Service, based dually on Earth and Starbase 118.
Education and career
Blaxland is a graduate of the University of Tasmania (class of 2371) and the University of Alpha Centauri (class of 2373). He was a student journalist at both universities. In 2372, the Detapa Council invited Blaxland and 39 other student journalists from across the Quadrant to study at the University of Culat on Cardassia Prime. Several months later, when the civilian government was overthrown and Cardassia joined the Dominion, the arrangement was abruptly cancelled and he was deported.
In 2373, Blaxland was engaged by Linnunrata, an Earth-based news and entertainment syndicate, to report regularly from the Bajoran sector. The Dominion War broke out before he arrived, and Starbase 375 served as his primary base for much of the next two years.
In 2376, he moved to Starbase 118 and worked as a freelance journalist. During this period, his articles were syndicated by a number of Alpha- and Beta Quadrant news sources, one of which was the New Sydney Inspector, which recruited him as a full time reporter in 2381.
Blaxland was promoted to assistant editor of the Inspector in 2388, and managing editor the following year. He resigned in late 2391 after ten years on staff, citing increased pressure by New Sydney's planetary government to limit critical reporting and reveal the identities of dissenters. He re-located back to Starbase 118 in 2392, and began contributing to the Federation News Service as a reporter.
Blaxland was born on Earth in the city of Tbilisi. He is a fifth-generation journalist, and was named after his great-great-grandfather. When not off-world for work, he lives in a flat in the Pikris Gora neighborhood of his hometown, Tbilisi.
FNS articles written by Nash Blaxland
- Stardate 239309.05: New Sydney declared potential candidate for Federation membership
- Stardate 239308.14: Hologram runs for seat on Tycho City Council
- Stardate 239306.10: Starfleet considers recruitment center shake-up
- Stardate 239304.21: Outpost Unity: A slice of home in the Delta Quadrant
- Stardate 239304.05: Nouakchott, Punta Arenas to host United Earth Parliament
- Stardate 239303.01: New Sydney applies for Federation membership amid ongoing economic ruin
- Stardate 239302.22: Narala names Ventu as Federation Secretary of the Exterior (co-authored with Reza Kardgar)
- Stardate 239302.07: Narala declares "age of action" at presidential inauguration
- Stardate 239302.04: President Bacco delivers farewell address
- Stardate 239301.21: United Earth rolls out red carpets for presidential inauguration
- Stardate 239301.16: Narala embarks on pre-inauguration tour of Federation
- Stardate 239301.06: Berlin Zoo welcomes first targ pups
- Stardate 239212.17: End Program: Life Outside the Grid
- Stardate 239210.15: Voter apathy a major concern on Bajor
- Stardate 239209.25: Bolians protest Cardassian practice of wearing Bolian skin clothing
- Stardate 239208.28: Policy changes put future of New Zealand Penal Settlement in doubt
- Stardate 239208.23: Demand exceeds supply of 'finest' bloodwine vintage in 83 years
- Stardate 239211.02: Earth suffers shock loss to Terra Nova in Olympic hockey qualifier
- Stardate 239211.02: New development in shield technology unveiled; Badlands perhaps not so 'bad' anymore
- Stardate 239211.02: Accident-prone Bajoran Kai suffers fall while visiting DS9
- Stardate 239209.28: Former 'failed' colony New France returns to post-currency economy
- Stardate 239209.24: New West End revival of Earth musical Cats features an all-Caitian cast
- Stardate 239209.01: Hasperat pizza and kava burgers on the menu at The Orb of Taste, Luna's first Bajoran restaurant
- Stardate 239208.28: Lakarian City amusement center reopens on Cardassia Prime
- Stardate 239208.26: Kesprytt III again denied Federation membership
- Stardate 239208.23: Earth commemorates 350th anniversary of final World Series baseball game
- Stardate 239208.18: Norway wins 437th annual Eurovision Song Contest
- Nash Blaxland is a PNPC of User:Didrik Stennes.